PDA

View Full Version : Looking for....

XLR8
August 24th, 2010, 07:45
I could not stand not having a F 4 phantom,so I got the AFS one . It was in a pack of 3 . The F4,euro fighter and MIG 29 . There not bad for about $7 bucks each .They work in FSX acceleration great .

What I am looking for are some repaints of the F4 and the black smoke trail . I found 2 ,but there pretty much the same paint schemes that came with it . I wanted to repaint myself but for some reason when I create a new file in FS repaint no textures in the FS repaint .

mfitch
August 24th, 2010, 13:20
Long ago I bought this too, and had some fun with it. I don't know about any paint jobs. If you would like a more accurate set of cockpit gauges, I did redo the radar and engine gauges, so they would be functional and correct.

XLR8
August 24th, 2010, 16:01
[QUOTE=mfitch;468583]Long ago I bought this too, and had some fun with it. I don't know about any paint jobs. If you would like a more accurate set of cockpit gauges, I did redo the radar and engine gauges, so they would be functional and correct.[/QUOT

Thanks for the response . Where or how could I get the gauges and radar . The good news is I found 2 repaints . I found a site that said they have several,but there is no page .

Oelwanne
August 25th, 2010, 06:39
I would love to have a nice Phantom but...mhhhh... AFS Design...i own the Eurofighter and must say that its awful. Even as Freeware it would not be worth a download. Just my Opinion!
Anyway i will wait for A2A´s Phantom.

Tako_Kichi
August 25th, 2010, 07:33
I wanted to repaint myself but for some reason when I create a new file in FS repaint no textures in the FS repaint .
I have seen this issue in FS Repaint before and it seems to be related to models built with FSDS for FSX. For some reason the model shows without any textures. Anything built using GMAX or 3DS Max shows up just fine.

XLR8
August 25th, 2010, 10:22
I would love to have a nice Phantom but...mhhhh... AFS Design...i own the Eurofighter and must say that its awful. Even as Freeware it would not be worth a download. Just my Opinion!
Anyway i will wait for A2A´s Phantom.

Its not perfect,but is totally functional in FSX acceleration . I have never flown a F4,but in my opinion its like flying a bus . I try ed the demo and most of the gages never showed up,after looking around the net I had found out that it was upgraded . I to are looking forward to the A2A phantom,but from what I hear is a long time out .

XLR8
August 25th, 2010, 10:24
I have seen this issue in FS Repaint before and it seems to be related to models built with FSDS for FSX. For some reason the model shows without any textures. Anything built using GMAX or 3DS Max shows up just fine.

I found a work around..sort of...I can paint over a already painted aircraft,but can't if I create one from the original .

mfitch
August 25th, 2010, 12:58
I will try to post the gauges somewhere accessible later today. They are I think just at home.

XLR8
August 25th, 2010, 17:51
I will try to post the gauges somewhere accessible later today. They are I think just at home.

Thank you very much...:jump: