PDA

View Full Version : Rant!

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2010, 12:39
Rant rant rant rant rant FSX CTD for no reason rant rant rant rant rant checked event viewer rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant no one faulting module/application rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant FSX will still only run for 5 minutes rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant my missus says I spend tooo much time simming rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant I spend more time setting it up than flying the #x$&***[ thing rant rant rant rant ran trant rant rant rant rant

rant!

Ps. rant rant rant rant rant!!!!
:sleep::bump:

Dain Arns
August 23rd, 2010, 12:45
I'll have your Rant. I love it.
I'm having rant rant rant rant rant rant rant baked beans rant rant rant and rant! :wavey: :icon_lol:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/Leorstef/6d5da388c53ca352ef922be4d862e5f0.jpg

Naismith
August 23rd, 2010, 13:13
I don't like baked beans, I'm having rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant ran trant rant rant ran trant rant rant rantrant rant rant rant and rant!

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2010, 13:52
Rant Rant rant rant FSX cfg tweaks here rant rant rant rant updated drivers there rant rant rant rant beans beans good for the heart the more you eat the more you... rant rant rant rant rant rant Dxdiag rant rant rant rant Format C:// rant rant

myles
August 23rd, 2010, 14:22
Do you all feel better now you've got that out of your system? :icon_lol:

Myles

krazycolin
August 23rd, 2010, 14:37
One more...

RANT!

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2010, 14:39
It's therapeutic...I'm exorcising my FSX gremlins by posting this thread......................It's either that or kick the dog...rant...mumble...mumble rant

Roger
August 23rd, 2010, 14:55
That was a pretty good rant; I'm actually quite jealous.
I believe ctds are often caused by video card/driver issues so maybe try a new set of drivers?

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2010, 15:19
Thanks Roger..tried new drivers..but alas it still CTD's after ~5 mins. Mind you, those 5 minutes are spectacular...even if I do say so myself.:d I've been dragged away from the offending pc for a period of several hours (maybe days) by my wife who overheard my tourettes-esque outburst of profanity that would even have caused Beelzebub himself to wince! Weird this as there were absolutely no system configuration changes from when it last ran.
I'm settling the remains of my shattered nerves with a few :icon29::icon29::guinness::guinness::guinness::gui nness::guinness:

heywooood
August 23rd, 2010, 15:20
rant rant rant ranity rant rant rant ranity ranty rant!!! ranity rant

thats not got much rant in it then, has it

kilo delta
August 23rd, 2010, 15:32
Rrrrant!

heywooood
August 23rd, 2010, 16:30
this pirate film has been rated Aaaarrrrrrrr

for rant

joanvalley
August 23rd, 2010, 17:26
I think the videocard is fried. Been there...

Oh! Sorry, here it goes: RANT!

Jose.

glennc
August 23rd, 2010, 17:27
Thanks, I needed a rant

Best laugh I've had all day

Glenn

jmig
August 23rd, 2010, 18:12
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

That was funny! Thanks!

*he wipes his eyes*

Bone
August 23rd, 2010, 18:24
Guiness:guinness::guinness::guinness: is the cure!

Rattler
August 23rd, 2010, 18:29
Soooooo what your saying is........ RANT!!!!!....???

:ernae::ernae::ernae:

txnetcop
August 23rd, 2010, 19:18
KD I can't count the times over the last 10 years that for no reason I can think of I suddenly lose various flight sims or battle games. At Christmas time my favorite Medal of Honor Airborne quit working even after reloading...I found out later it was my firewall. Last spring I lost my FALCON v4 and it took me weeks to figure out why and I do this stuff for living! Ya shoulda seen my RANT to some folks that had nothing to do with my problem! LOL

Roadburner440
August 23rd, 2010, 19:28
I know I get mad whenever I want to fly my Concorde, and spend all the time going through the checklist only to have FSX crash on me at sometime throughout the flight. Rant rant rant rant rant!! Still love the bird tho.

kilo delta
August 24th, 2010, 02:29
Cheers,guys. I'm going give FSX a miss for a few days until my blood pressure has returned to normal levels. :) Still can't understand what caused the problem. I removed the case fans a couple of days ago to clean the dust filters and definitely didn't disturb anything...my bet is it's a software issue. If it were only one faulting dll file I could easily fix this problem, but the ctd's are the result of multiple dll's some named, and some unknowns.
I picked up a Corsair H50 kit today too so I'll remove the Tuniq Tower air cooler and give liquid cooling another try. Temps are fine...but the H50 might allow me to push the chip a little further.

/rant :d

PS. :guinness: was the cure last night........now I need a cure for :guinness:..... hmmmm.... :icon29: ?:monkies:

Roger
August 24th, 2010, 04:26
Good luck fixing it and your wife is probably right, a day or two ignoring the "beast" is probably just what you need.

kilo delta
August 24th, 2010, 04:28
Good luck fixing it and your wife is probably right, a day or two ignoring the "beast" is probably just what you need.

Cheers Roger..and you're completely right....although my wife won't appreciate you calling her a Beast!

LOL

:d

Bone
August 24th, 2010, 04:52
:guinness:..... hmmmm.... :icon29: ?:monkies:

A Black and Tan is how I'm interpreting this....that'll work on your BP just fine, too.

kilo delta
August 24th, 2010, 05:19
A Black and Tan is how I'm interpreting this....that'll work on your BP just fine, too.

Em...Black and Tan's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_Tans) were never too popular in this part of the world!!!!!! ;) :d

b52bob
August 24th, 2010, 08:39
We all have good rants...I was going to start a thread asking how long it took to boot FSX, Mine was 4 minutes until the computer crashed....rant rant rant FORMAT C:/ rant rant three days to load everything in....rant rant rant "why are you spending so much damn time on that computer"....rant rant rant.....can't get some programs to work....rant rant rant..... still working on it...."get off that computer, supper's ready" rant rant rant.

The good thing? FSX now only requires less that a minute to boot up. LOL LOL LOL

Bjoern
August 25th, 2010, 14:40
I think I'm in the same boat as KD. Was on my way hauling parcels across the States, just safely on my cruise alt and - bam - error. Event log says it was terrain.dll so I guess it's a bad AFX file (converted from a FS9 scenery).

Will investigate and, if necessary, rant on.

harleyman
August 26th, 2010, 04:12
I would agree.

yank the vid card...replace with any older , looser one you have and see if the RANTING is over...

kilo delta
August 26th, 2010, 13:29
Tried different cards..no change. CTD after around 5 minutes. Unfortunately it's not one individual faulting dll...anything from sim1.dll to terrain.dll to d3d.dll etc etc. I uninstalled the latest Java and reverted to an older version, but still get regular java.dll errors (NB: Java doesn't cause a CTD,though)
I also wound back some of the settings to see if that would help matters.....no change.

Just realised that I bought DCS:Black Shark recently but haven't installed it yet. This may be the perfect opportunity. :)

Gdavis101
August 26th, 2010, 15:02
I will see your RANT with a Rant Rant of my own.. I feel your pain! :salute:

Bjoern
August 27th, 2010, 13:46
With regard to my previous post here, I've deactivated the suspects and re-did the flight. No errors, nothing. [Sigh of relief]

kilo delta
August 27th, 2010, 14:20
Good to hear,Bjoern. I'm still avoiding my PC...we've had a falling out. :d

Bjoern
August 27th, 2010, 14:31
Good to hear,Bjoern. I'm still avoiding my PC...we've had a falling out. :d

Sounds too familiar, lol.