PDA

View Full Version : Landing after Quick Combat

Ghostrider
August 23rd, 2010, 12:37
This is how I prefer to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv_w3IrRYq0

MaskRider
August 23rd, 2010, 13:57
Hmmph. Guess this guy never heard of a parachute?

sc7500
August 23rd, 2010, 14:02
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How'z come *I* can't land on one wing ???

SC
:kilroy:

peperez
August 23rd, 2010, 18:27
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How'z come *I* can't land on one wing ???

SC
:kilroy:

It's really a nice demonstration of a terrific skill. I saw this video and downloaded it one year ago and it never stops amazing me...

Cheers

Pepe

Ghostrider
August 24th, 2010, 06:28
I guess if your thrust to weight ratio is high enough, even half a plane can fly - sort of. Regardless, what an incredible display of skill (and luck). A patient was telling me that those airframes are rated to like 20G's - some kind of catastrophic failure.

bearcat241
August 24th, 2010, 10:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J72y_qFV2oc&feature=player_embedded

sc7500
August 24th, 2010, 12:31
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldwheat
August 24th, 2010, 16:38
What's the big deal? I blow a wing off enemy aircraft & they still continue to perform aerobatics :wiggle::wiggle:!

MaskRider
August 24th, 2010, 16:53
Why are guys like you always tearin' down our heroes?? :pop4:

I was a little surprised that we hadn't seen this on the news someplace. Guess that is why.

bearcat241
August 24th, 2010, 17:06
Why are guys like you always tearin' down our heroes?? .

Hey don't blame me...GR did this himself with his own video. If you play his original video you'll see a strip of clips below it after it finishes. You can click on any one of those to see additional related videos. My embedded video was just one of the "related".

Ghostrider
August 26th, 2010, 05:38
OK, the "debunking" video convinced me that the initial part of the clip was a differrent aircraft. But if you watch the original clip from the :40 mark to the end, it's one aircraft, in view the whole time, which comes down from some altitude minus it's starboard wing, and lands.

Now I'd like to debunk a fake as much as anyone, but the only thing that video demonstrated was that the first part of the video before the :40 mark was a different aircraft. Suspicious, yes, but doesn't take anything from the final portion.

The plot thickens...

bearcat241
August 26th, 2010, 06:40
Yeah :icon_lol:, taken as a whole, its a nice fantasy for any virtual or RL pilot to entertain...but given the details of this "transaction", i'm reminded of the old Biblical proverb, "a little leaven leavens the whole lump" :mixedsmi:

Ghostrider
August 26th, 2010, 07:11
What I'm saying, though, is that from the :40 mark on, there hasn't been any "debunking". That's not an RC plane that the real pilot opens the canopy on, and the full-sized guy runs up to at the end. (unless maybe he's a midget). Before :40 and after :40 are different aircraft, sure, but after :40 is uninterrupted, unspliced, unedited plane landing with one wing from what I can see. But one also wonders why this wasn't all over the news. I am skeptical, but still would like to see some more convincing "debunking".