PDA

View Full Version : GaugeSound.dll

SADT
August 21st, 2010, 19:19
Hi,

As many of you will no, when you load an aircraft that uses the above module, if you dont load it through the default flight, the plane will cause a CTD. There is a workaround, which is to paste a section in the FSX CFG file, problem is, I cant remember what it is you paste into the CFG. Does anyone here know what needs to be pasted in? :wavey:

Navy Chief
August 21st, 2010, 20:13
I am not 100% positive, but I believe you post the following in your .cfg file:

[OLDMODULES]
GaugeSound.dll=1

NC

SADT
August 21st, 2010, 22:12
Thanks NC,

But does anyone know where i can find the FSX cfg file on Windows 7? I could find it in Windows XP though I can find it in 7.

hschuit
August 21st, 2010, 23:10
Thanks NC,
But does anyone know where i can find the FSX cfg file on Windows 7? I could find it in Windows XP though I can find it in 7.

With Windows 7 , the FSX.CFG file lives in this folder:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

(YOURNAME depends on your individual W7 installation)

BTW: The addon scenery library file scenery.cfg can be found in:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\

In Windows 7, I found it easier to edit the addon scenery settings manually by editing this file since a bug in FSX causes trouble when you try to edit the scenery list in the FSX settings - scenery library.

n4gix
August 22nd, 2010, 08:19
In Windows 7, I found it easier to edit the addon scenery settings manually by editing this file since a bug in FSX causes trouble when you try to edit the scenery list in the FSX settings - scenery library.

Editing and saving a file is easier than right-clicking in the center of the sub-menu? ;)

guzler
August 22nd, 2010, 08:24

If you click again in the screen where it displays the files within the scenery folder (instead of returning to the list of installed sceneries as it should) , it installs OK, so the bug is perfectly work roundable (if that word exists !!!!). Try that and it should save you some time fiddling with the scenery file.