PDA

View Full Version : AN-225 Panel

revev
August 21st, 2010, 09:02
:salute:
Does anyone know of a realistic six-engine panel for the AN-225 Antonov? The B747 panel just doesn't cut it, and the FS9 six engine panel (although it displayed six engine gauge sets, only used three sets of two) that I have, is not accepted in FSX. I could build my own panel, but I would want gauges that looked realistic, whith Russian script, just as was the case with the FS9 panel.

I would think that by now someone would have put together an acceptable panel for the FSX model.

blazefox2
August 21st, 2010, 10:57
here is a fsx native mirya and you wont be dissapointed
http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=138269
one of the best freeware planes IMO

revev
August 21st, 2010, 13:06
Thanks for the reply, but that is one of the AN225s that I have, and yes, I am very dissapointed with the panel. The panel that I had for Ruth's model in FS9 was a great panel, only that FSX won't load the gauges. I get an error on each one of them. I could build another panel using the same panel bmp file, but where would I get gauges with Russian script that would run in FSX? I'm sure that there must be a panel out there that would fit the bill. I just need someone to direct me to it.

falcon409
August 21st, 2010, 13:43
Thanks for the reply, but that is one of the AN225s that I have, and yes, I am very dissapointed with the panel. The panel that I had for Ruth's model in FS9 was a great panel, only that FSX won't load the gauges. I get an error on each one of them. I could build another panel using the same panel bmp file, but where would I get gauges with Russian script that would run in FSX? I'm sure that there must be a panel out there that would fit the bill. I just need someone to direct me to it.
I just looked at the gauges listed for that panel and unfortunately they are almost all '98 gauges, which as you've discovered, FSX does not like. I applaud your optimism that there is an FSX panel out there, but I've been searching everyplace I can think of and thus far, nothing. It's possible that someone has made a version for FSX and just hasn't uploaded it anywhere, it's also possible that if it was converted for FSX, with the lack of Russian Gauges, that it will have been replaced with all normal gauges.

Good luck on your quest!:salute:

Railrunner130
August 21st, 2010, 14:05
I just took a look at flightsim.com. They have a file listed as an225withtank.zip that looks interesting. It mentions a new panel and that it's for the Thomas Ruth airplane. It's by Erwin Welker. You might want to take a look at it.

falcon409
August 21st, 2010, 14:51
Just looking at the panel.cfg file, it appears that this is solely for the Tank in the airplane. The gauges are 747/Mooney and a few other default airplanes.

revev
August 21st, 2010, 16:13
I just took a look at flightsim.com. They have a file listed as an225withtank.zip that looks interesting. It mentions a new panel and that it's for the Thomas Ruth airplane. It's by Erwin Welker. You might want to take a look at it.

Been there . . . done that. It's not the cat's meow.

Thanks anyway for trying to help. It's hard to believe that no one has addressed this issue.