PDA

View Full Version : F6F, SBD, or TBF?

icycle
August 20th, 2010, 16:35
Trying to make a choice here, bewteen the Vertigo F6F, Vertigo SBD, or the MAAM-SIM TBF/M. Which to choose from?

So many choices! I'm torn.

Any thoughts???

Bill

Warrant
August 20th, 2010, 16:46
What, for FSX? Is there an FSX TBM/F then?.......If yes....definately #1 :salute:

BOOM
August 20th, 2010, 16:53
FSX Avenger??.........Where????????:jump:

PRB
August 20th, 2010, 17:10
Don't forget the JustFlight F4F! Just trying to help! :icon_lol: I know it's a tough desicion. The SBD is nice. The TBF isn't quite ready for full FSX yet, as others have alluded to. Even so, it's very nice as well.

icycle
August 20th, 2010, 17:25
thanks for the replies folks.

Yes, the TBF is still an FS9 model. But it is such a valuable part of flying around the 1943 South Pacific.

Yes, I've got the F4F. I caused me to get the F4U & the A2A P-40. Along with the PBY, and the B-24 thrown in, a lot of 1943 hardware I'll have to choose from.

F6F would be interesting, but the SBD has always been a favorite. I've heard the F6F is hard on frames, and some niggling issues with the SBD. Decisions, decisions!

Bill

MudMarine
August 20th, 2010, 17:30
Buy the F6F then save your pennies for the SBD!

BOOM
August 20th, 2010, 17:44
I have the Vertigo F6F & SBD, You can't go wrong with either,Once you have one,The other is sure to follow!

mal998
August 20th, 2010, 18:00
Both the SBD and Hellcat are first rate. Get the SBD.

MenendezDiego
August 20th, 2010, 18:25
F6F...

Snave
August 21st, 2010, 00:54
SBD. No need to fly alone! :wiggle:

bruce448
August 21st, 2010, 01:16
All of them

Helldiver
August 21st, 2010, 01:21
It's a damned shame there isn't a SB2C to chose from.
The blame goes to writers who don't know what their talking about.

Cleartheprop
August 21st, 2010, 02:17
I have the Vertigo F6F & SBD, You can't go wrong with either,Once you have one,The other is sure to follow!

+1 here! the F6F is FPS friendly on my average system. (as the SBD)

icycle
August 21st, 2010, 05:31
It looks as though the SBD wins in a close one (sorry Helldiver). I think its is just a matter of time on the Hellcat however. (noticed "Flying Leathernecks" was on TV last night - that always raises the "Hellcat Factor")

You know, I really would like to see a SB2C done properly for FSX. It is a plane that often gets shoved aside by the reputation of the SBD. It's so much bigger, it would be interesting to try and "drop" one on to a carrier. From videos I've seen, that is what it looks as though it is doing! I remember hearing a pilot of one at the EAA Airventure a number of years ago(who had also flown the SBD, earlier in the war) describe a carrier landing. Interesting to say the least!

Another one missing from FSX is the TBD. Yes, yes, I know they have a reputation of being somewhat of a "lump" in the air, and they have a horrible reputation, do in no small part to them being "slaughtered" at the battle of Midway. I think that, again, they are a big ol' aircraft that would be an adventure to get on deck.

Just my 2 bits.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Bill.

MudMarine
August 21st, 2010, 06:42
You have to ask yourself, do I want to zipp around in the sky in an agile fighter, or putt-putt around in a skypig? Don't get me wrong, I have both and I love them but I'm a zip around kind of guy in FSX.

Helldiver
August 21st, 2010, 13:03
The SB2C would zip around with the fighters.