PDA

View Full Version : Flight Zone 2 Portland

Bobr2
August 20th, 2010, 14:10
Any one know if this scenery can be used in FSX or not, or if they have a fix to use it in FSX?

falcon409
August 20th, 2010, 14:19
I can tell you from personal experience (I purchased in for FS9), it can be made to be "usable" in FSX, but unless you have a high end system, the framerates will be tough to manage and still be flyable. I used it for quite awhile because I worked on it for a long time to locate old forum threads and gather info from others trying to do the same thing. I finally dumped it though because getting decent framerates was not always a sure thing and I decided, even after the all the work, it just wasn't worth it.

skyhawka4m
August 20th, 2010, 16:00
I would hold off,....I think ORBX is going to do KHIO for its PNW area,.

falcon409
August 20th, 2010, 16:19
I would hold off,....I think ORBX is going to do KHIO for its PNW area,.
You mean KPDX? That's what Zone2 Portland was. If they're doing that, then yea, it's worth waiting on.

skyhawka4m
August 20th, 2010, 18:22
Well part of the Portland scenery was KHIO, Hillsboro.....one of my fav. FS9 airport.

spotlope
August 20th, 2010, 19:44
I'm not sure what the status of KHIO is, but I'm working on KPDX at the moment. I have a contact at the airport authority who arranged to get me onto the grounds for several hours of photography a few weeks ago, so I've got a great batch of reference pics. As things progress, I'll be sure and post shots.

skyhawka4m
August 20th, 2010, 20:19
wow....I was sure hoping for hillsboro. I'll most likely pass on KPDX since I'm more into the GA type of flying.

spotlope
August 20th, 2010, 20:21
Hillsboro isn't out of the mix, we just don't have specific plans yet. I'm sure it'll happen at some point. Right now you can go a few miles to the south and fly out of Twin Oaks... just a thought. :icon_lol:

falcon409
August 21st, 2010, 07:21
Anyone who tried to use the outstanding Zone2 in FSX will be waiting and ready to download the new KPDX, especially if Bill is involved.:salute: