PDA

View Full Version : Marianas missions

Talon
August 20th, 2010, 08:23
In these missions I will be using the stock scenery and not the new MR scenery.I had 24 missions already done before MR did his scenery for the Marianas and I don't want to go through them all and change everything. I also think the MR scenery is for after the invasion of Guam and Saipan.

Talon

Shadow Wolf 07
August 20th, 2010, 09:02
Good to hear work is on-going. :salute:

Talon
August 20th, 2010, 12:33
I just don't post much about things anymore. Doesn't seem to be much interest in things unless it's scenery or planes. Seems missions are low on everyone's list so I just take my time doing them.

mariereid
August 20th, 2010, 12:48
Missions from the master builder? There is always a great interest for that! :salute::salute::salute::ernae:

Talon
August 20th, 2010, 13:05
Missions from the master builder? There is always a great interest for that! :salute::salute::salute::ernae:

We're not talking about Rami, he's the master builder.:icon_lol:

Rami
August 20th, 2010, 13:23
We're not talking about Rami, he's the master builder.:icon_lol:

Al,

I stand on the shoulders of giants, you are certainly one of them. :wavey:

Talon
August 20th, 2010, 15:04
Al,

I stand on the shoulders of giants, you are certainly one of them. :wavey:

That must be the reason my shoulders slope and hurt so much now.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 20th, 2010, 15:08
I'm glad you are helping to keep the PTO alive and well.

PSULLYKEYS
August 20th, 2010, 15:21
There's always room for good stuff Talon. And you make good stuff!:kilroy:

alpha_1
August 20th, 2010, 17:55
Talon, I've downloaded, installed and am flying your campaigns, and I've gotta tell ya that they are super! I'm havin' a lot of fun, thanks to you!:salute:

tonybones2112
August 20th, 2010, 19:20
I just don't post much about things anymore. Doesn't seem to be much interest in things unless it's scenery or planes. Seems missions are low on everyone's list so I just take my time doing them.

I love the aircraft Talon but lately I have become a real Mission/Campaign slut. Good planes and good missions go hand in hand.

Tony

erufle
August 21st, 2010, 07:18
Seems missions are low on everyone's list so I just take my time doing them.

You say something like this everytime you work on a new project and everytime I tell you how much I appreciate your work. Look, I sometimes get dissapointed because people don't seem to be as interested in my radio chatter language packs for the same reason. Big deal! I still see that people are downloading them and using them. Besides, I know I am making a big contribution to the comunity, and that's what we are, a community. Talon, believe me when I say you are one of this community's biggest contributors and I fly every one of your campaigns almost as soon as they are released.

Maybe making planes is a little more "global" than the combat aspects of CFS2. In other words, they attract people from other flightsimulators who are not as interested in combat as they are flying. Regardless, everyone comes back to CFS2 to fly a campaign or a mission once in a while. Its just more fun. When they do so, they recognize your name as one of the standards by which all missions are judged. So keep up the good work my brother!

UncleTgt
August 21st, 2010, 11:50
You say something like this everytime you work on a new project and everytime I tell you how much I appreciate your work. Look, I sometimes get dissapointed because people don't seem to be as interested in my radio chatter language packs for the same reason. Big deal! I still see that people are downloading them and using them. Besides, I know I am making a big contribution to the comunity, and that's what we are, a community. Talon, believe me when I say you are one of this community's biggest contributors and I fly every one of your campaigns almost as soon as they are released.

Maybe making planes is a little more "global" than the combat aspects of CFS2. In other words, they attract people from other flightsimulators who are not as interested in combat as they are flying. Regardless, everyone comes back to CFS2 to fly a campaign or a mission once in a while. Its just more fun. When they do so, they recognize your name as one of the standards by which all missions are judged. So keep up the good work my brother!

Amen!

All the same, any "creator doesn't like to work in a vacuum, & appreciates a little feedback ... there's nothing worse than releasing something to see nothing but tumbleweed & a download count for comfort ...:redf:

The apparent "indifference" to what are, when all said & done, are freeware releases for the benefit of a larger community can be disheartening at times ...

Some feedback, even if you don't like what's been done is better than silence ...

Devildog73
August 22nd, 2010, 05:40
Talon, I am like the rest of your brothers posting here.

I like flying your campaigns and missions in between building Bong and McGuire missions. I have taken some of yours apart to see what makes them tick, so I can build a better watch. I have even used some of your ideas to try and keep my mission building in step with yours so that others don't have to download too many add-ons to fly both yours and mine.

As others have said, we are a community. You are one of the founders. The reason you are so hard on yourself is the reason we all like flying your excellent missions!

Rami
August 22nd, 2010, 07:38
Devildog,

What you do is exactly how I learned how to write and work on campaigns and missions. I also strongly support anyone who wishes to look at the missions in MB. That's how we all learned!