PDA

View Full Version : Trees

Bobr2
August 19th, 2010, 15:50
At Astoria oregon when you are taxing to 31 there are a bunch of trees on the taxie way. Is there some way to get rid of them?

Dain Arns
August 19th, 2010, 16:27
At Astoria oregon when you are taxing to 31 there are a bunch of trees on the taxie way. Is there some way to get rid of them?

Recommend you search for Lumberjack by Jim Keir on AVSIM's file library.
Should come up with two files:

AGEXCL3X.ZIP which clears trees (actually any problem autogen) from 3 times the width of the runway (either side)
or use...
AGEXCL5X.ZIP does 5x times either side.
Should take care of any autogen on a taxiway.

Boths file also clear trees about 1.5 the total length of the runway, so you can catch some of those trees that pop up at the end of a runway as well, (But still leaves some farther out for those more interesting approaches).
This handles all of the default airports in FSX.

Just install in your Addon Scenery folder, and activate in your Scenery library.

peter12213
August 19th, 2010, 19:23
Yeah I know 1 way bob, its called pick them up and move them or bull dose them out of the way! or for a long term solution, spelt wrongly, cut those trees down or for an English solution, put you hands in your pockets dig them up and replant them somwhere were they arn't gunna kill pilots! :wavey:

Bobr2
August 20th, 2010, 13:35
Thank you for the advise and will get the program. I tried choping them down as suggested though the ax that I had in the plane was to dull.