PDA

View Full Version : Need some real advise here.

XLR8
August 19th, 2010, 13:55
Hi all, I would like some info/input on some terrain/graghics detail software . What will it do,and any benefits it has . Something simple to use . Dose it do anything for frame rates. What dose it enhance water,land,strucktures,trees etc .Really don't want a download,prefer hard copy .Price range $50 USD.

My specs>Alienware Aurora i7-975 OC 4.0 Radeon 5850,6gb 1600mhz ram,640gb hd.Resulution usally at 1024. I am getting around 45 FPS with detail set to about 3/4 sliders .

warchild
August 19th, 2010, 14:13
I can think of two..
Ultimate terrain and real environment extreme.. not sure if you can get either for 50$ but worth saving up for both.. Very much worth it.. they enhance land classes, meshes, water sky and clouds.. others will also recommend flight environment extreme. Its another good product, but i know too little about it to comment

XLR8
August 19th, 2010, 17:08
I can think of two..
Ultimate terrain and real environment extreme.. not sure if you can get either for 50$ but worth saving up for both.. Very much worth it.. they enhance land classes, meshes, water sky and clouds.. others will also recommend flight environment extreme. Its another good product, but i know too little about it to comment

Thanks ,looking at the real environment extreme 2 . Not bad at under $50 .

Would like to know more about it .

stansdds
August 20th, 2010, 02:02
My first, and so far only, payware scenery add-on for FSX has been Ultimate Terrain X. I found many great freeware textures for scenery enhancement, but UTX gave me more accurate roads, coast lines, and a much better flight experience at lower altitudes.

UT can have a significant impact on frame rates if you use all of its features. As you select what features you wish to activate, UTX actually shows you a scale of expected frame rate impact. Some features have little or no impact, but others, such as traffic and street lights, can have a huge impact.

kilo delta
August 20th, 2010, 02:21
A combination of GEX,UTX and REX is pretty much unbeatable....except for the FTX products,that is.

XLR8
August 20th, 2010, 17:39
Thanks everyone . I am going with REX first that either GEX or UTX .

Snave
August 21st, 2010, 01:01
Thanks everyone . I am going with REX first that either GEX or UTX .

Actually, I would go with higher resolution mesh first - there is no doubt that FSX textures were designed for a higher detail mesh than the default 76m for much of the developed world. Only thereafter would I look to other addons as the mesh is the bedrock of better impression of reality in the sim and works with EVERYTHING layered on top...

jmig
August 21st, 2010, 05:25
Actually, I would go with higher resolution mesh first - there is no doubt that FSX textures were designed for a higher detail mesh than the default 76m for much of the developed world. Only thereafter would I look to other addons as the mesh is the bedrock of better impression of reality in the sim and works with EVERYTHING layered on top...

I agree. A good terrain mesh is the foundation for scenery overhauls. I have used FSGenesis and Scenery tech and find them both to be good.