PDA

View Full Version : FSX Grumman Goose Paintkit

fleurdelys
August 18th, 2010, 12:55
Bonjour,

I'm trying to locate a paintkit for the above plane...:kilroy:

Has one ever been made for the default plane or for the gorgeous "OZX" upgrade ???

Thanks for the help.

Fleurdelys

warchild
August 18th, 2010, 19:09
OzX would most likely be the best people to ask on that.. Butch and gizmo and others did a fantastic job on the paints so maybe they'll have something there :) :) ..

Gizmo
August 19th, 2010, 06:39
Well ive been out the FSX loop for almost a year(on and off)now due to some financial problems i was forced to sell my deving/simming rig and a number of other perosnal items to cover some bills a local company left me holding....& after a bit of a struggle ive managed to get back on my feet and have just this week built a new rig,so while i cant quite promise you a Goose HD paint kit just yet(i really need to clean up and label the dev PSD's which atm are about 250mb each).......i can say that myself and butch have talked about it,for now i'll say we've not quite finished with the goose just yet.... ;)

Laters
Gizmo

SkippyBing
August 19th, 2010, 07:11
If you take the textures from the plain white colour scheme you can use it as an overlay and paint your own stuff underneath it.

It'll depend what program you're using but once you've opened the files, add a layer beneath the base layer (you may need to convert the base to a layer in some programs) then change the blend option for it to multiply (generally right click on the layer and then layer properties or somesuch, then they'll be a drop down for blending options).

Basically multiply treats white as transparent with greys having a varying degree of transparency until you get to black which isn't (technically it's a bit more complicated but that's the basic effect you see). This means you can paint your stuff beneath it and the rivets and panel lines etc. will still show up properly.

I know this works in photoshop and paint.net, I'm guessing paint shop pro and gimp have similar options.