PDA

View Full Version : great news! and not a dollar spent!

war.ace
November 19th, 2008, 16:35
I was able to fly fsx delux but no acceleration. It turns out accelerations was the one that needed the better graphics card. Now, I must find out the code for the airport near the cn tower.

N2056
November 19th, 2008, 16:41
While I really don't understand why that is the case I am very pleased to hear that you got off the ground! :applause:

I think you're looking for CYTZ :d

war.ace
November 19th, 2008, 16:46
thanks. I'm still kind of disapointed because the I cant fly the f/a 18

harleyman
November 19th, 2008, 17:22
Thats great...Did you install SP 1 and 2 for FSX? It will help with graphics and performance?

war.ace
November 19th, 2008, 18:11
wat is sp 1 and 2?

ryanbatc
November 19th, 2008, 18:36
SP1
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/flightsimulatorXServicePack1.aspx

SP2
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/flightsimulatorXServicePack2.aspx

SP1 will really help with performance!

war.ace
November 19th, 2008, 18:38
it works with vista? and how well will it make the performance better?

MCDesigns
November 19th, 2008, 19:25
Don't you have acceleration? both SP1 and SP2 are included with it.

It increases performance and has a ton of fixes, a definite must have install.

rewasiuk
November 19th, 2008, 19:27
The CN Tower is in Toronto, Ontario. The closest international airport is Lester B Pearson International and the airport code is CYYZ.

Tako_Kichi
November 19th, 2008, 20:09
CYYZ is as you say Lester B Pearson International which is located on the NW edge of the city.

CYTZ is Toronto City Airport which is located on the island directly opposite the CN Tower and the Sky Dome.

There is also Downsview (CYZD) which is now privately owned by Bombardier Aerospace and is where they build the De Havilland Dash 8, Bombardier Global Express and Bombardier Global 5000 and also the wings/wing boxes for the Learjet 45.

harleyman
November 20th, 2008, 01:04
wat is sp 1 and 2?

These Service Packs are like additions that Microsoft made after the release of FSX that help with performance issues in FSX...All you need to do is download them from the links above and run the installer...After each one you install it is a good idea to defragg your hard drives ...FSX will also need defragged on a regular basis..I defragg my FSX Hard drive once daily...

war.ace
November 20th, 2008, 04:09
CYYZ is as you say Lester B Pearson International which is located on the NW edge of the city.

CYTZ is Toronto City Airport which is located on the island directly opposite the CN Tower and the Sky Dome.

There is also Downsview (CYZD) which is now privately owned by Bombardier Aerospace and is where they build the De Havilland Dash 8, Bombardier Global Express and Bombardier Global 5000 and also the wings/wing boxes for the Learjet 45.

my dad works there:mixedsmi::mixedsmi:
@harleyman I'll tell my dad about sp1 and 2 and see if he has enough energy to install it. tommorow I have no school so I'm going to go sightseeing in FSX. I know I asked this before but I cant find the thread, Anyone know how I can get to stone henge?

Daube
November 20th, 2008, 05:14
Don't you have acceleration? both SP1 and SP2 are included with it.

It increases performance and has a ton of fixes, a definite must have install.

There might be a problem here: he said that Acceleration would not work because of his video card... most likely SP2 would cause the same issue ?

cheezyflier
November 20th, 2008, 05:59
his performance should improve with sp/2, not the other way around. either way, it comes with accelleration. and sp/1 and sp/2 are probably (i'm not positive) included on the gold release of fsx anyhow. if it were me, i would un-install, de-frag, then re-install everything. it should work

oh, and btw, i'm not sure where i saw it, but somewhere on this forum i saw a link to improved scenery for toronto's island airport (city center)

i fly out of there and yyz all the time (in fsx). it's cool to see local scenery represented so well. if you fly up along the beach, you can even see scarboro bluffs, which is walking distance from my house.
war ace, definitely get fs9. you can get it for real cheap at "the source"
it was offered to me for free at the one on queen st. last year when i asked for cfs3 and they didn't have it in stock. i have also seen it at staples in shopper's world

quantumleap
November 20th, 2008, 17:19
Anyone know how I can get to stone henge?
Co-ordinates are

latitude = N51 10.71
Longitude = W1 49.91

Nearest airport is Boscombe Down (EGDM) which is to the southeast of Stonehenge. Note that it isn't very big so you may have trouble spotting it unless you are below 1500 feet MSL.

As for Toronto City Centre (CYTZ) it's a great airport in FSX and real life. I fly out of Buttonville (CYKZ) in real life, but my best ever trip to City Centre was in the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster bomber from Hamilton when we did a low an over about the height of the control tower and then banked out around Ontario Place. I was lucky to be up in the cockpit at the time just behind the co-pilot and this was one of my best aviation moments.

Jeff

war.ace
November 20th, 2008, 17:36
Co-ordinates are

latitude = N51 10.71
Longitude = W1 49.91

Nearest airport is Boscombe Down (EGDM) which is to the southeast of Stonehenge. Note that it isn't very big so you may have trouble spotting it unless you are below 1500 feet MSL.

As for Toronto City Centre (CYTZ) it's a great airport in FSX and real life. I fly out of Buttonville (CYKZ) in real life, but my best ever trip to City Centre was in the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster bomber from Hamilton when we did a low an over about the height of the control tower and then banked out around Ontario Place. I was lucky to be up in the cockpit at the time just behind the co-pilot and this was one of my best aviation moments.

Jeff

about stonhenge, so I have to go northwest from edgm right?
and about your flight in the lancaster, your'e very lucky even Air Dogs (I think that's what the show is called) didnt get to go in the lancaster because it was being fixed while they were there.

quantumleap
November 20th, 2008, 19:38
Yes, NW from EGDM. It isn't too far.

Jeff