PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Mu-2

warnc
November 19th, 2008, 16:15
New to the forum people, but if you haven't downloaded Premier Aircraft's newest addition the Mu-2 you got to give it a try. It is fast and handles like a dream. The paint is pretty nice too. Hope someone does some repaints for it soon.

warnc :applause:

N2056
November 19th, 2008, 16:19
Hey! Welcome to the forum :wavey:

Agreed, that MU-2 looks good :d

heywooood
November 19th, 2008, 17:12
what does the VC look like - anyone care to post a shot of it? :kilroy:

pointy31
November 19th, 2008, 18:05
It's a bit techy around the roll axis...:costumes:

JIMJAM
November 20th, 2008, 06:18
Been waiting for a moo2 for EVER.
Back in the mid 80s when I worked for Bankair, we had a dozen of em as freighters and I owe my 20% hearing loss to them.
Which is the first thing I changed as the default Kingair sounds are not even close.
I have tried a old fs9 P3 orion and a Greyhound sound file,each alot better than the default.
Be aware of the sound DOT 1 sound.1 which needs to be the folder name.
No prop sound at all just 2 turbines screaming.
VR PIT- At first I thought I they used the twin Ottter as they look alot alike. I wished they would have put a little more effort in the dash as the textures are really bad.
I was also surprised that my fps was really hit hard by this simple looking plane.
But then as I started looking around, there are alot of instruments and panels!
I only flew it for 2 quick fllights bit overall I like the airfile.
Our Mu-2S were always at gross being packed with freight so I never enjoyed the pocket rocket handling. Rather we were always on the edge and a loss of a engine and you were not going to go far.
Getting out of the death tube was impossible packed with freight so crew doors were installed. These gull wing doors that allowed you to pack the plane and still be able to get in and out. Even in the 80s, thses mods were 20 plus grand.
It was a love/hate relationship with the moo2. The good, they were fast and ,uuhh,ummmm, did I say they were fast.
Overall though the price is right and a big THANKS for doing it.
If fscargo for FSX would just come out I could recreate some old freight dog days.
BTW- I can remember pulling into a Airforce base"forget the name" and I get out and am in awe at the f-15s. I am standing there drooling ove these Eagles and I look over and the MU-2 is surrounded by these fighter pilots. They are like WTF is this? This is the coolest plane I have ever seen.
One said." the dam thing is as wide as its long":costumes:
Sorry to ramble but the mu2 brings back good and bad memories.

JIMJAM
November 20th, 2008, 06:38
PS
The sound folder needs to be sound.0.
Not sound .1 . My mistake.
For some reason I was not allowed to edit my post?

Bjoern
November 20th, 2008, 06:39
Getting out of the death tube was impossible packed with freight so crew doors were installed. These gull wing doors that allowed you to pack the plane and still be able to get in and out. Even in the 80s, thses mods were 20 plus grand.

This would be too cool to see in FSX!
You could try to convince Premaircraft to make a modified model.

If fscargo for FSX would just come out I could recreate some old freight dog days.

Try:
http://www.fseconomy.com/
They have freighter missions and membership is (AFAIK) freeeeee!

JimC1702
November 20th, 2008, 06:48
I've wanted one of these ever since I saw an all-black one parked at the local county airport a couple of years ago. I was hoping FSD would have theirs out by now.

Jim

expat
November 20th, 2008, 06:49
I have tried a old fs9 P3 orion and a Greyhound sound file,each alot better than the default.

I tried a RR Dart file from either a F-27 or maybe from the UK airliner guys' sound files for Darts for the Viscount (NAM Ya-11?) etc, to get that high pitch screech and whine.

JIMJAM
November 20th, 2008, 07:29
To be so loud they were also deadly.
We had a mech walk into a running prop and another linemen did the same thing.
Like the commanders, its really tempting take that shortcut under the wing.
I know of 2 that crashed after a engine failure.
The engine out procedures are alot different than standard planes and jumping on the dead engines rudder will flip em on their backs.
I know as a former linemen that I HATED them as they required special fueling procedures.
I have seen many which were fueled incorrectly,one side all the way without balancing them out.
The mu2 will lean all the way over and I have seen one tip tank inches from the ground while the other was 8 feet up!
Also the tips tanks especially here in the hot south will build up presuure and if not vented prior to taking the cap off will get your attention.
I popped a cap standing on the ladder and BAM, had my sunglasses blown off and fell off the ladder:isadizzy:
Also the nose gear has a pin which needs to be taking out prior towing and hooked back up before flight.
I can also tell you what a smiley sounds and smells like when forgotten to be taken out before start :censored:
Overall the MU-2s were a major pain in the A** both for the pilot and linemen.
But did I say it was fast :d

Lionheart
November 20th, 2008, 11:26
To be so loud they were also deadly.
We had a mech walk into a running prop and another linemen did the same thing.
Like the commanders, its really tempting take that shortcut under the wing.
I know of 2 that crashed after a engine failure.
The engine out procedures are alot different than standard planes and jumping on the dead engines rudder will flip em on their backs.
I know as a former linemen that I HATED them as they required special fueling procedures.
I have seen many which were fueled incorrectly,one side all the way without balancing them out.
The mu2 will lean all the way over and I have seen one tip tank inches from the ground while the other was 8 feet up!
Also the tips tanks especially here in the hot south will build up presuure and if not vented prior to taking the cap off will get your attention.
I popped a cap standing on the ladder and BAM, had my sunglasses blown off and fell off the ladder:isadizzy:
Also the nose gear has a pin which needs to be taking out prior towing and hooked back up before flight.
I can also tell you what a smiley sounds and smells like when forgotten to be taken out before start :censored:
Overall the MU-2s were a major pain in the A** both for the pilot and linemen.
But did I say it was fast :d

Dang JimJam! Thats some wild and informative feedback on the 'Mootwo'. Thanks for sharing that. Its pretty cool to learn the history of all these planes that we fly in the sim.

Bill

warnc
November 20th, 2008, 13:36
I just downloaded a orion sound package as you suggested and took a short 52 mile flight in Montana from my hometown and i have to agree the sounds are much better than the default the default sounds seem inadequate for the plane. Anyway they are pretty cool. Did i mention it was a fast flight ha ha

warnc :running:

srgalahad
November 20th, 2008, 15:40
another thread here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=40100&postcount=2

Proper Garrett sounds ( does not include sounds of screaming, deaf pilots)

Rob

pbearsailor
November 20th, 2008, 17:11
another thread here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=40100&postcount=2

Proper Garrett sounds ( does not include sounds of screaming, deaf pilots)

Rob

Thx, Rob, those are much better sounds. :ernae:

I don't have any MU-2 time, but quite a bit in the C-441 with the same engine and it is definitely loud. I always hated what I did to lineman trying to park me when they forgot their earplugs. They'd usually try to bend one ear down to their shoulder and hope for the best with the other while their two arms were busy flagging. It was ugly to watch. :isadizzy:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

fsafranek
November 20th, 2008, 23:04
There's a parallel thread in the FS2004 area. You all might want to read this post about station_load and make a small correction to level it out a bit.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=40845&postcount=18
:ernae:

JimC1702
November 21st, 2008, 06:58
In the V/C, when I look up at the overhead, I see blue sky all around it. Anyone else see this? It may be because I'm zoomed out quite a bit. I don't like the default view in the V/C, I feel like my nose is pressed up against the glass.

Jim

heywooood
November 21st, 2008, 16:28
show us? :kilroy:

JimC1702
November 21st, 2008, 16:50
Here's a couple of pics:

heywooood
November 21st, 2008, 17:11
hmmm...thats pretty bad alright....where are the textures for the overhead?

or are there none by design...:kilroy:

tigisfat
November 21st, 2008, 22:58
is this freeware?

gajit
November 21st, 2008, 23:14
I wish FSD would get on with their excellent looking version.

Jim Goldman
November 22nd, 2008, 04:56
Well maybe it is time to show a new set of captures of the FSD MU-2.

Before you ask..... sorry no VC captures at this time :)

Best

Jim

http://www.fsd-international.com/temp/misc/mu-24.jpg

http://www.fsd-international.com/temp/misc/mu-23.jpg

http://www.fsd-international.com/temp/misc/mu-22.jpg

http://www.fsd-international.com/temp/misc/mu-21.jpg

gajit
November 22nd, 2008, 05:29
That was very kind of you Jim. :applause::applause::applause:

fsafranek
November 22nd, 2008, 13:28
Very nice. Indeed.
:ernae:

falcon409
November 24th, 2008, 04:10
Watch Avsim, flightsim.com and Simviation starting tomorrow for an updated version of the current MU-2 that will contain a fix for the transparent elevator problem when using an alpha channel as well as other updates. Thanks to Bob May and the folks at PAD for a quick resolution to the problem.:applause:

Reddog
November 24th, 2008, 10:51
I can't get this plane to fly in a straight line hands off, either version :banghead:
Ichecked the weight and balance section and both are okay but still does it, anyone with any ideas.

Thoe6969
November 24th, 2008, 11:51
Watch Avsim, flightsim.com and Simviation starting tomorrow for an updated version of the current MU-2 that will contain a fix for the transparent elevator problem when using an alpha channel as well as other updates. Thanks to Bob May and the folks at PAD for a quick resolution to the problem.:applause: It's at Avsim now in the ( check new library uploads ) added on the 24th,but it doesn't say it's updated though,but I assume it's the updated version.

Thoe6969
November 24th, 2008, 12:20
It's at Avsim now in the ( check new library uploads ) added on the 24th,but it doesn't say it's updated though,but I assume it's the updated version. If it's the updated one I can still see the sky around the control panel above the seats.

Reddog
November 24th, 2008, 13:50
Disregard my last post. Deleted the a/c and went and got it again and it's flying right:d

falcon409
November 24th, 2008, 14:39
If it's the updated one I can still see the sky around the control panel above the seats.
I checked that in mine and irregardless of how far out I zoom or how close I get, no blue sky showing. Because of that I don't believe it's a problem with the model, but something specific to your system.

Thoe6969
November 24th, 2008, 14:48
I checked that in mine and irregardless of how far out I zoom or how close I get, no blue sky showing. Because of that I don't believe it's a problem with the model, but something specific to your system. Then that is the updated one .Thats odd because I've never seen anything like that with any other planes. I,m going to have to try some different settings. Thanks for the reply

JimC1702
November 24th, 2008, 15:24
I haven't seen it with any other plane either. I'm using a wide screen monitor. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Jim

Thoe6969
November 24th, 2008, 16:13
I haven't seen it with any other plane either. I'm using a wide screen monitor. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Jim Not me I,m still using a 19 inch CRT

JimC1702
November 24th, 2008, 17:10
Not me I,m still using a 19 inch CRT

Guess we can rule that out then.

Jim