PDA

View Full Version : Status of Flight Replicas Bf-109K for FSX?

1970LT1
August 14th, 2010, 07:26
The WIP shots look awesome. Anyone know how far this is away from release?

Regards,

LT1

mike_cyul
August 14th, 2010, 17:31
Hi there. As soon as the Boomerang is released, it's full-time onto the 109K.

A truly outstanding set of 109 flight dynamics has been greated (and is being continuously tweaked) by Bernt, who has done an incredible amount of research into not just the numbers, but also incorporated from many, many pilot reports their recollections about the flying the characteristics of the 109. Not as easy as it sounds, as there were a wide variety of opinions (perhaps depending on stress levels, fatigue, equipment and abilities), but Bernt had managed to distill all these into the flight dynamics. It has literally been hundreds of hours of work. Flying this bird in FSX is quite something, and that's no exaggeration.

Wozza will be doing the xml coding, and as we all know, theres not much Wozza can't do. Stand by for extremely authentic systems representation, including failures.

The external model is done, and is slowly being textured when taking short breaks from the Boomerang. The VC is coming along, but as mentioned above, the real work won't start until the Boomerang is released.

That's where things are for now. :)

Mike

txnetcop
August 14th, 2010, 17:39
YAY!!! the Boomerang

SADT
August 14th, 2010, 17:46
Hi Mike,

BTW - What variant of the Boomerang are you modeling? The CA-12 or CA-13?

mike_cyul
August 14th, 2010, 17:51
Hi Mike,

BTW - What variant of the Boomerang are you modeling? The CA-12 or CA-13?

Both. :)

Mike

MudMarine
August 14th, 2010, 17:52
Boomerang.....mild excitemet. 109K....:jump::jump::jump::jump: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SADT
August 14th, 2010, 17:56
Hi,

Mud, for me its:
Boomerang :jump::jump::jump::jump:
Me109K :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Its good to see a little known aussie wonder like that being modeled. Mike, I know you that you probably dont like to give ETAs, but how far would you say the boomerang is?

tracyq144
August 14th, 2010, 17:58
*whispers to stranger standing next to me, "What's a boomerang?* edit: Never mind, Google is my friend.

Me/bf109? Where do I send my check?

SADT
August 14th, 2010, 18:02
Also, the Boomerang will fit perfectly with the new Solomon Islands theatre scenery that has just been released. "Blast dem japs outta the sky"

mike_cyul
August 14th, 2010, 18:17
Its good to see a little known aussie wonder like that being modeled. Mike, I know you that you probably dont like to give ETAs, but how far would you say the boomerang is?

Really just have to finish the gauge coding. Some interesting stuff there, so it's taking a little time. Then write the Manual, and that's it. At the speed the gauge coding is going, I'd say approx 6 weeks, but then again that's just a guess. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Mike

mike_cyul
August 14th, 2010, 18:21
Also, the Boomerang will fit perfectly with the new Solomon Islands theatre scenery that has just been released. "Blast dem japs outta the sky"

For the Booma, the statement is probably more accurately "Blast dem outta their foxholes and tanks and anywhere they're hiding." :)

Incidentally, since getting to know the Boomerang, I'm always amazed at what an almost perfect blend between P-40, T-6 and Wirraway it is, in both engineering and performance.

Mike

MudMarine
August 14th, 2010, 18:30
Hi,

Mud, for me its:
Boomerang :jump::jump::jump::jump:
Me109K :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

So that's one more bounce for the 109K!!

I know will be amazing, that's what Mike does!! I'm just kind of a 109 nut! I need something in FSX to shoot holes in all those dang P-51's!!

MudMarine
August 14th, 2010, 18:32

That 109K would be perfect also! It will fit right in with the rest of the axis PTO exchange program aircraft!!:icon_lol:

SADT
August 14th, 2010, 18:43
Yeah, blasting them outta their foxholes does seem more appropriate when I read your previous Booma posts. Will you release a boxed set for both (Separately of course), like you did with the 109 series?

mike_cyul
August 14th, 2010, 18:49
Yeah, blasting them outta their foxholes does seem more appropriate when I read your previous Booma posts. Will you release a boxed set for both (Separately of course), like you did with the 109 series?

Flight Replicas hasn't done any boxed sets, but the distributors usually offer them. Maybe we should! :)

Mike

SADT
August 14th, 2010, 18:51
I also mean will one of your distributors offer a boxed set? Though from you would be even better!