PDA

View Full Version : (OT) the real DanCat is dead...not me

dancat
August 12th, 2010, 20:56
well after over 10 years my copilot had to be put down tonight....
what a bitch it is too.
I will miss my best bud sitting on my lap when I work in Gmax or photoshop.
I won't miss...or will I? him on me when I try to fly a qc mission and can't pull the stick back cause he's in the way!!!
I will always remember him and love that fu cking cat..
a sad night for me and my dad at the vets office.
R.I.P DanCat

Pat Pattle
August 12th, 2010, 21:24
A real shame, sorry to hear that mate.

dancat
August 12th, 2010, 21:29
thanks, it's messed up how an animal can have more influence on your life than some people.
I'm still looking around the house for him when I get up to move.

ndicki
August 12th, 2010, 22:14
Sorry about this, Jon. They do sort of grow on you, don't they?

OldCrow
August 13th, 2010, 01:10
The loss of a pet you love really is hard. I've been threw it many times in my 40 years existance and it's never easy. I currently have 6 dogs and a cat, so you know I'm an animal lover.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

remcoc
August 13th, 2010, 02:07
Last year I had to let go my old cat who was with me for 15 years. I recognise everything you write Dancat.

I still haven't got the courage to find a new one.

I'am sorry for your loss.

RemcoC

flashgordon
August 13th, 2010, 02:55
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Never replaced my cat or dog which both lived 15 years+.

Inherited 2 tortoises from my mum both 60 years and in the prime of life.

Guess it will be them seeing me off.

Steven190
August 13th, 2010, 02:57
Sorry to hear about your lost Jon

We get attached to our friend very much. I have had many that I have lost and still think about them, they influence our lives.

stumpjumper1
August 13th, 2010, 03:12
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CO- PIOTL JON IM HEADING THAT WAY MY SELF MY OLDEST DOG WILL BE 20 DEC1ST AND IT WILL BE A HORRIBLE DAY FOR ME THAT FINAL ONE

Murray Cod
August 13th, 2010, 03:32
sorry to hear your sad news.

best wishes for sunnier days ahead
Murray

valkbro
August 13th, 2010, 04:23
A year ago my mother,Pat passed away peacefully. Two days later a stray cat shows up and refuses to leave the back patio. The cat wore me down and Mooshy now lives with me. You have alot to give. Hang in there.

KellyB
August 13th, 2010, 04:32
Been there a number of times with cats and dogs. It is amazing how attached we become to them and what a hole in our lives there is when they're gone.

Sympathies.

You are lonely, not alone.

Old Tiger
August 13th, 2010, 04:58
thanks, it's messed up how an animal can have more influence on your life than some people.
I'm still looking around the house for him when I get up to move.

So true I lost my cat ten years ago I still miss him , he was 16

BeauBrummie
August 13th, 2010, 06:25
All that above... we're looking at old Pebbles who's approx 18 and now a deaf, partially blind old cat whose back legs are starting to go. Like your old Fella Dancat, she loves the PC, strolling across the keyboard (finding weird key shortcuts which you can never find again) sitting on my lap and nagging me if I move to much. I'll be amazed if she see's the year out. She's so different to the other 3 cats and will be sadly missed.

Cromwell
August 13th, 2010, 06:55
They see if you have ever loved an animal, when it dies it leaves such a hole in your heart all the others fall straight in!!

Sorry for your loss.

flyer01
August 13th, 2010, 07:23
Sorry to hear this. We have a cat that is 22-23 years old and do not know what we will do when she is gone. She is in good shape for the shape she's in. We have 6 dogs and too other cats in the house + a new cat that should up that we feed outside.
Sorry to hear of your loss.

flyer01

dancat
August 13th, 2010, 09:19
thank you all and I hate to bring up bad memories for some.
I've never spent 10 years with anyone and sleeping beside me every night..yeah
oh ya gotta love the love animals give you.
they never care what other people think or say.
they love you for who you are and that's it!

lewis11777
August 13th, 2010, 09:43
Jon very sorry to hear about Dancat, I can't imagine the sense of loss. Not that Dancat can be replaced but hopefully the Good Lord will bring you along another companion.

Flyer 01,........"22 years" holy cow, I didn't know cats could live that long.

HouseHobbit
August 13th, 2010, 10:14
Jon,
I am Very Sorry, to hear of your loss..
God Bless you..
:engel016:

flyer01
August 13th, 2010, 10:40
Jon very sorry to hear about Dancat, I can't imagine the sense of loss. Not that Dancat can be replaced but hopefully the Good Lord will bring you along another companion.

Flyer 01,........"22 years" holy cow, I didn't know cats could live that long.

We did not know thy would ether. We got her when my daughter was 5. She is now 27.
We do not know how old the cat was when we got her.

She some cat.

What you say about our pets is so very true Jon.

flyer01

middle
August 13th, 2010, 11:46
Oh man...sorry to hear this. I know our animals have a tremendous influenec and they're both gettin old and I am preparing to have my heart broken when they go. My condoleneces to ya..mid

alain95
August 15th, 2010, 23:55
I'm also very sorry for your pet friend, since february whe are three, my girlfriend, me and the 5 y.o Minou, I didn't took interest to the cats before but week after week Minou takes a greater place in my mind and in my heart, sitting on the left side of my keyboard as a joke response to the mouse on the right. I'm Ok with Marie that believes there's a paradise for all that lives on earth...

I share you feelings.
God bless them
Alain
:engel016::engel016::engel016:

alain95
August 16th, 2010, 00:16
We did not know thy would ether. We got her when my daughter was 5. She is now 27.
We do not know how old the cat was when we got her.
She some cat.

What you say about our pets is so very true Jon.

flyer01

Congratulations for your breaking record granny cat and thank you for sharing her photo,
I heard about you for your CFS3 videos, now I will think about your old friend the next
time you will show us more of ETO missions !

All the best
Alain95 :salute:

loverboy1
August 16th, 2010, 09:09
my thoughts go out ......sorry .

for your friend dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_a-eXIoyYA

dmaloof
August 17th, 2010, 15:45
15674mack RIP

Sorry to hear, man. I too lost mack last October, so hasnt been a year yet. But I moved on and got a new one at 6months old. Biting wires all over the apartment.

dancat
August 17th, 2010, 16:34
I'm thinking I won't be getting another.
it's getting easier I guess, I've stopped looking for him every night I get home from work.
and have stopped leaving the bedroom door ajar so he can come in and wake me up in the wee hours of the morning...
still remembered and missed.
I've yet to go back in front of my pc to work on my models though..

Dan hiding under the island at my apartment, he didn't like it there so I had to bring him back to my parents where he lived his 10 years with us.

loverboy1
August 17th, 2010, 17:07
well try and cont ...your pattern since the cat / woul dbe there in SPIRT expecting the same procedure and pattern you do and it followed . im a strong on after life and feel if you stop doing what hurts you in memory will or might be confusing for your animal /friend ....they to go to the light and at times are earth bound for a bit seeking to know your ok

dancat
August 17th, 2010, 18:12
:) thanks, will try'n get back to work on my 190's this week.