PDA

View Full Version : Ofw Heinrich Bartels...

ndicki
August 12th, 2010, 09:17
Deserves be represented twice. Along with Werner Schroer, he's one of those JG 27 characters you simply can't ignore. This is as close a guesstimate as you're going to get of Yellow 13 WNr 130359, (nicknamed "Marga" after his wife) which was the Messerschmitt-built early G-10 DBM that Bartels was flying when he was killed over Villip, Bad Godesberg, by a P-47 of 56th Fighter Group; he had just scored his 99th kill, another P-47 from that unit.

He was found more than 20 years later, on 23rd January 1968, still in the cockpit of Yellow 13.

Coming soon!

PRang
August 12th, 2010, 09:36
Ndicki

Can't wait. Another great one.

Thanks and take care

God bless

PRang :applause:

Led Zeppelin
August 12th, 2010, 22:54
good choice! :jump::salute:

alain95
August 13th, 2010, 01:27
:salute:

Old Tiger
August 13th, 2010, 05:07
:wavey:She's a looker ndicki Real nice paint job:salute:

Animal
August 13th, 2010, 06:59
:ernae:Beauty! Nice aircraft. Thanks for this and your other contibutions.

HouseHobbit
August 13th, 2010, 10:17
Another beautiful Bf 109..
BRAVO, and thank You very much..:salute:

oki
August 13th, 2010, 10:25
thank you again!

here is a pic of Bartels, who was actually a born Austrian, and an interesting link to his story

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/bartels.html

I am happy you are focussing on the 109s for a while. For a painter it must be a real challenge, because the (later) 109 pilots had all sorts of personal colour schemes

HouseHobbit
August 13th, 2010, 12:00
thank you again!

here is a pic of Bartels, who was actually a born Austrian, and an interesting link to his story

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/bartels.html

I am happy you are focussing on the 109s for a while. For a painter it must be a real challenge, because the (later) 109 pilots had all sorts of personal colour schemes

Yea like purple and with pink dots..:applause:..
I love it..:jump: TOO COOL..:jump:
BRAVO..:salute:

oki
August 13th, 2010, 12:16
Yea like purple and with pink dots..:applause:..
I love it..:jump: TOO COOL..:jump:
BRAVO..:salute:

well.....never saw that one, but may have worked for distraction :ques:

HouseHobbit
August 13th, 2010, 13:24
Nigel,
Thank you for the new Bf 109, i shall wreck her with great Joy..:jump:

Yea some pilots had some Cool paint like this one by Nigel..THANKS..BRAVO..

oki
August 13th, 2010, 14:40
good grief........that's a sensational outfit :jawdrop:

just the right thing for a 109 :applause:

FOO FIGHTER
August 13th, 2010, 15:06
Great skin! Thanks for all of the other 109 goodies as well.:ernae:

ndicki
August 13th, 2010, 21:54
For a painter it must be a real challenge, because the (later) 109 pilots had all sorts of personal colour schemes

Not to mention the fact that most photos seem to have been taken by the allies AFTER the war, with the aircraft in an unbelievably poor state of disrepair. Black and white photos, often with too great a degree of contrast. On the one hand it leaves you quite a lot of room to interpret things, but on the other, makes getting it right extremely difficult. This one as I freely admit is largely guesswork!

The great thing about 109s is just as you say - the complete absence of any real standard scheme. That (along with the entire logistical mess that started with the G-6) is shocking, given the German love of order and neatness, at least at the time... And the RAF, on the other hand, is drearily stuck with two or three standardised schemes, no noseart, and highly standardised aircraft...

There is one more G-10 to come in this series - A late Erla built G-10/U4, with the sleek 110-type cowling, 30mm Motorkanone and DCM engine - the most technically advanced version built.