PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

Ken Stallings
August 10th, 2010, 17:32
People have to call it like they see it.

Everyone has that right.

For me, when it becomes clear that staff members are allowed conduct that would earn sanction for any regular member, then I cannot stay here.

I have many friends here, including staff members. But, ultimately for me human life is more important.

The staff here knows precisely what this is about. I suppose the membership might also if the thread in question had not been almost immediately censored and completely removed. That the outcome of all this is that the staff member is engaging in "business as usual," and the membership likely has no idea, means for me the end has come.

To everyone, farewell.

Ken Stallings

hews500d
August 10th, 2010, 18:16
Ken, not sure what happened, but best of luck to you, hate to see you go.

Darrell

jmig
August 10th, 2010, 18:37
Well Darrell, this Staff member doesn't know either?

Ken, you don't mind saying things right up front, so in this case I will also speak up bluntly. I respect you and admire you for many things. I learn from you when you post. I welcomed you back a few weeks ago because I meant it.

However, this is the third or fourth time you have left upset when things haven't gone your way. Different people sometimes see things differently. We may not always agree but, that is life, cest la vie.

You have written a cryptic post about leaving and insinuating that the staff is knowingly turning a blind eye to some wrong. I have taken my fair share of grief for decisions I have made in the best interest of SOH. Some of these have come from threads in which you were a large contributor and in the mix. We the staff are not perfect but we DO try to do what is best for SOH. Let the chips fall where they must.

Preach all you want about morals and the high road. But, when you come back, walk the talk. None of us feel understood and loved all the time. SOH is not about always being right. It is about meeting as equals and learning from each other. If we sometimes get cross wise with one another, that too is part of being a family. But in the end we stick together and stay together.

I mean it when I say, I will welcome you back again. You are a valuable member of SOH. But only come back when you are willing to be one of us. We have one and only one member who is always right. He owns the place.

Willy
August 10th, 2010, 18:41
No idea what you're on about.

Aviator32
August 10th, 2010, 21:24
To be honest as a long time forum watcher here one of the things I've noticed is that when Ken Stallings was around an awful lot of posts got locked compared to when he was 'on holiday'. I don't think he added much to any discussion other than the implication that he knew always better. It speaks volumes for the man's ego that he has to make a public announcment that he is leaving! But whether he is just off sulking or really gone for good, I for one will feel encouraged to visit here more often now.
Just calling it like I see it.

TARPSBird
August 10th, 2010, 22:41
I won't throw stones at Ken as he leaves the building, but I do have to say that we Outhouse members should pay a bit more attention to the stuff that's probably not suitable for discussion here at NewsHawks. First off, the standard trio: sex, religion, politics. A few others I've noticed from past locked threads: the environment (especially global warming), the Nazi era of German history, marine life conservation, and nuclear warfare.
IMHO NewsHawks should be a friendly place to post non-toxic stuff that most of the SOH members can read through and enjoy without getting fired up. For example: airshow news and pics, news of new flight sim products, clean (or at least PG-13) jokes, video links (music, funny, planes, etc.), and daily-life commentary like Hey_Moe's and Obio's posts that we can all enjoy and comment on.
We are usually all friends here when we stay away from the mine-field topics. :)

mrogers
August 11th, 2010, 00:12
Ken, you don't need to go. Nobody's perfect.

stuartcox
August 11th, 2010, 00:45
Good Bye!

Ickie
August 11th, 2010, 01:08
I closed this