PDA

View Full Version : Odd scenery

gosd
August 8th, 2010, 15:12
I have downloaded the Clemson DD destroyer in MAW.Now everytime I start the game they are ships all over the air base.How can I correct this anomaly ?

Daiwilletti
August 8th, 2010, 15:22
I have downloaded the Clemson DD destroyer in MAW.Now everytime I start the game they are ships all over the air base.How can I correct this anomaly ?
Hi GOSD,

technically the destroyer is an aircraft. Just change the xdp file to allowspawn="n" so it does not crop up as airbase furniture!

D

rcafmad
August 8th, 2010, 17:24
Thanks gosd for the post and Daiwilletti for the answer. I was wondering if my Windows 7 Program was messing with my MAW. I will change the xdp.

gosd
August 8th, 2010, 19:06
Yes thank you this did the job:salute:

wsmwsm
August 9th, 2010, 04:14
Hi GOSD,

technically the destroyer is an aircraft. Just change the xdp file to allowspawn="n" so it does not crop up as airbase furniture!

D

Question: By changing the xdp to allowspawn=n, does this only prevent aircraft from appearing in the User Interface or does it impact in-game spawning?

italflyer
August 9th, 2010, 06:29
Question: By changing the xdp to allowspawn=n, does this only prevent aircraft from appearing in the User Interface or does it impact in-game spawning?

it affects in-game too.

Cheers

wsmwsm
August 9th, 2010, 09:24
Thanks.

Daiwilletti
August 10th, 2010, 20:24
Hi wmsm,
usually the effect on ingame spawning is not a problem. Things like the destroyer are mostly used in missions; and setting allowspawn="n" only affects random spawns (AFAIK) so that where the model is called in a mission it will still work fine.

Is this what you were getting at?

cheers
D

Daiwilletti
August 10th, 2010, 20:29
Yes thank you this did the job:salute:

Hi gosd,
Pleased to hear it! By the way, in the dim distant past I noticed on a few anti-shipping campaign missions, that ships avoided my bombs! I was amazed and it certainly added to the immersion. It only recently occurred to me that perhaps the ships in question were the "driveable" ones?

But it don't know how they came to spawn as ships as the game thinks that they are aircraft? :isadizzy:

Whatever - I haven't noticed it for ages. It would be good to replicate again in the game as I've seen footage of ships in the Med and Pacific, desperately manoeuvering and making things difficult for the bomb-aimers.

cheers
D