PDA

View Full Version : Time problem

Cromwell
August 7th, 2010, 23:59
Sorry to be a pain but I need some help please.

No matter what era I start ETO it always comes up Attack in the West!

What I have I done wrong?

ndicki
August 8th, 2010, 00:10
I think you must have installed an upgrade at one point without resetting the era thingy to whichever era it is you're supposed to reset it to before installing the upgrade. They'll tell you about it in more detail, but it's a common enough problem. I got round it by extracting the bits I wanted to keep, putting them in separate, independent installs and junking the rest, but I don't expect one is really meant to do that sort of thing...

Led Zeppelin
August 8th, 2010, 01:16
Or you'ce started the era swapper while an ETO folder was still open and it was unable to rename it.

You've to check folder names and setup them manually if necessary.

Nonato
August 8th, 2010, 02:56
Grizzly had a fix for it. It happened several times to me.
If I recall correctly you are supposed to

1. Exit the game (I always do this in a stock plane)
2. Start the game in Era 1 (no matters what Era appears on the splash screen in front of you)
3. Fly a stock plane in an airfield of that Era
4. Exit the game again
5. Start the game in Era 1 and repeat steps 2,3 and 4

Normaly your problem must be solved by them and you can try to start the game in another Era to check it.
If the problem continues what I normally do is to breathe deeply and call out:

GRIZZLYYYYY !!!:wavey:

wsmwsm
August 8th, 2010, 04:08
Sorry to be a pain but I need some help please.

No matter what era I start ETO it always comes up Attack in the West!

What I have I done wrong?

Here is another thought. If you are running Vista, you must turn off the UAC (User Account Control) before switching eras will take effect.

grizzly50
August 8th, 2010, 04:35
:kilroy:

OK!!! OK!!!
Cromwell,

It's stuck.

There are a few ways to fix.

This is the simplest fix.

Follow the pathway: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\CFS3 ETO Expansion READMEs.

Look for a document named ERA Files Restore Rev 1.30.rtf.

Note: Only if you have added missions and/or spawns to your install, run Spawn Selector and set it to 1, Stock Spawn Mode now (I have my reasons for this). Now copy all five missions folders and the spawns folder to a separate and safe location.

Now follow all intructions found in the ERA Files Restore Rev 1.30.rtf exactly. After you have run the CFS3 ETO Expansion ORIFs Re-Install installer program, you should be good to go again.

Note: Again, only if you have added missions and/or spawns to your install, copy the contents of the spawns folder you have copied back into your spawns folder in the CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder.

Note: Yet again, this is to be done only if you have added missions and/or spawns to your install. Now for the touchier part, as we're now going to put back any added missions you had in your install originally before this happened. Simply look into missions folder that the ORIFs Re-Installer just re-installed into your main game folder. Make note of the mission names (usually only the first mission or two listed), and then look into the missions folders you copied earlier and find the exact same names. This will help you indentify the non-stock ETO missions you had previously installed. Simply copy the missions you had in the missions folders that you had copied and pasted elsewhere back into the newly re-installed missions folders.

Note: Care must be taken while doing this as two of the missions folders you copied may have switched names.

One more thing. As your Anti-Virus program may have an issue with the ETO BACKUP program, simply do the following:

Create a new folder on your computer named CFS3 ETO EXPANSION BACKUP. Now copy all of these files and folders from you CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder into it:

All *_uires and uires folders
All *_missions and missions folders
global_layer folder
All *_qclocations.xml and qclocations.xml files
All *_splash24b.bmp and splash24b.bmp files
ETOEraSwapper.bat file
MASTERSTARTUP.bat file
spawns folder

Now, as you add new missions and spawns to your install, simply place copies of those new items into this backup folder in their proper locations.

Now, after you have done all of the above, the next time you have this problem, all you have to do is delete the files and folders from your main game folder called out in the ERA Files Restore Rev 1.30.rtf, and copy the contents of your new CFS3 ETO EXPANSION BACKUP into your main game folder.

Hope this has been clear enough. Good luck.:d

Cromwell
August 8th, 2010, 04:49
Many thanks Grizzly!!:salute:

I will give it a try tonight.