PDA

View Full Version : Eastern front missions...Wrecking Russian Planes..

HouseHobbit
August 7th, 2010, 11:13
As many know I am about to build some more eastern front missions,
It is looking like a set with Wyld Bill, for CFS3..

And another set in MAW, we have parts of Romania, Albania, Bulgaria, and Yugoslavia to use..
I have been working on this for a bit..
Granted this area of MAW is not overly developed, but I can add into the missions all we need to be fun..

I have Ndicki's New Russian Boston, THANKS for this very much..
another great bird.. BRAVO..:salute:

And I am checking to see what russian vehicles I have loaded..I think I have everyones ..
In my advanced set ups..

And I shall attempt to get permission from some of the great developers out there to include some of these items, as part of the Mission package upload..
So folks will not have to go to several web sites to download it all..

This is all in the planning stages, anyone who has any ideas on any of this your input will be Most welcomed..
It is a great team effort and without the help of Many, developers/modellers, and our history experts, none of this would be possible..

If anyone has anything they would like included with this, please contact me..
i'll as always will be grateful for any items and help..

I just build missions, the ones' who do the hard work are those who keep us all supplied with Great items to use..
So to my testers be warned, i'm about to do it again..:jump:
Thanks to all whom have made all of this possible..
BRAVO..:salute: :salute: :salute:

ndicki
August 7th, 2010, 12:02
If you want some "What if" aircraft to fill in the gaps, I have some ideas for things which are plausible enough...

HouseHobbit
August 7th, 2010, 14:34
Great Nigel,
I have the PE-3, what if bird to use..LOL...Forgot who set that one up??

I will have to contact several modeller's and developers to get permission perhaps to include their items with the mission Pack...
Any more would be a Blessing..Thanks i'll take anything I can work with..

And you Know My Friend, I can wreck anything...
Athrough, I'm Not wrecking My purple beauty..LOL..

And I am concidering including a XDP for each item used (aircraft,vehicles) etc...

Changing them to: Other_Allied_Nations, so no one will have to change the stock Country file in MAW to use russian aircraft..
As Other_Allied_Nations they will work without changing MAW..

Then these aircraft will be for MAW use only ..(For this mission pack aircraft only)...
The original XDP's as Russian will read as Other_Allied_nations..
Allowing in the future for others to use these in MAW also that download this..

Thanks Ndicki, for the great support in this..
I shall have to dedicate this to you..:applause:

Off to Trash beautiful Birds as always..:applause:

I shall have to speak to Wyld Bill on the CFS3 missions, and see which direction he wants those to Go.. It shall be fun to work together with everyone on this..
BRAVO...:salute:

This has suddenly taken on a life of it's own..LOL..

Nonato
August 7th, 2010, 15:27
HH

I think there are some Ruskie vehicles in Reg's.:wiggle:

HouseHobbit
August 7th, 2010, 16:02
Yes, I have those,
Reg's is a Great site the men there are Masters at their crafts..
I am Blessed to get to work with these men.. they are a talented Bunch to say the least..
Also PhillipM's Great stuff too..
The amount of items is expanding, I shall have a better idea, when I put all of this into a list of what I have to work with..
I do Hope to keep it all to a point where it doesn't create TOO many items to have to be set up by everyone..

Perhaps a first mission set requiring only a limited number of items to start with would be best, three or four Russian aircraft a few ground objects, vehicles etc..

Then as it takes off, i'll add more missions with More aircraft and items..
Many of the stock MAW items can and will be used, after all they did fight in eastern europe in the area's covered by MAW..

So there will be options for some historical, and Hysterical missions both..
Looks like I have a bit of work to do..LOL..

Can't wait to trash my first La-5, or I-15
This could be fun..
well this is open to everyone, so all can see how works..
first I work out what I have to work with, then I work out what I want to do/(where)..

Nonato
August 8th, 2010, 03:08
I think these mission are a great idea. In fact, MAW offfers the possibility of several minitheaters of operation besides the desert. Here some more ideas

1. Balkans campaigns (german, greeks, italians, brits and even turks in what if scenarios). Possibility for landing operations by air and sea.
2. Adriatic set of missions (undercover ops, partisan ops) and Albanian campaign (Italian and greeks, ancient plane types mostly)
3. Malta campaign
4. Sicilian invasion
5. Italian campaign
And I also see a whatif scenario involving kind of a Blitz over Cairo in early 1941...:173go1:

I don't know, maybe, as we say in my country, I am "tripping in the mayonnese"..:jump:

HouseHobbit
August 8th, 2010, 08:06
Great ideas, Nonato..
I am trying to get this set up.. For all of us to have a realistic experence.
And your ideas give us plenty of possibilities..
BRAVO..:salute: