PDA

View Full Version : FSDT's KDFW Released

BOOM
August 6th, 2010, 20:06
It's a fantastic scenery filled with huge detail,and I'm finding it's very good on FPS!!Despite it's size, Dallas Fort Worth Airort

strykerpsg
August 8th, 2010, 16:07
Has anyone else had problems with running the FSDT add on manager and other products access via the add on drop down menu? Everytime I query on the FSDT forums, it's not their add on manager problem, but something wrong with product x,y or z. I own three of the airports and hate to let them go to waste and would certainly love to purchase this one if there's a work around.

My example was the add ons I would access before installing any FSDT products were Ariane, Helitraffic 2009 and AI Carriers. There are others, but since I am TDY, not recalling what others were on my desktop PC. Upon installing FSDT and entering my registration code, all of my add on drop downs disappear.

Anyone else experience this? Thanks in advance and for reading a rather lengthy discription of the problem.

Matt

falcon409
August 8th, 2010, 17:34
Has anyone else had problems with running the FSDT add on manager and other products access via the add on drop down menu? Every time I query on the FSDT forums, it's not their add on manager problem, but something wrong with product x,y or z. I own three of the airports and hate to let them go to waste and would certainly love to purchase this one if there's a work around.

My example was the add ons I would access before installing any FSDT products were Ariane, Helitraffic 2009 and AI Carriers. There are others, but since I am TDY, not recalling what others were on my desktop PC. Upon installing FSDT and entering my registration code, all of my add on drop downs disappear.

Anyone else experience this? Thanks in advance and for reading a rather lengthy description of the problem.

Matt
I can only tell ya to persevere Matt. This sounds so much like a throwback to the Cloud9 days and the excuses they would give for why an addon wouldn't work because it certainly wasn't their addon manager, lol, or it wasn't the right version of the addon manager and so on and so forth. They remind me a lot of another company with a similar abbreviation that was good at blaming problems on the customer rather than it being their fault.

Ensure that you have the correct, updated, most recent version of their AddonMgr, go through the entire installation, step by step and see what happens. I would tell you to uninstall any other airports you have that you suspect are a problem, but that's up to you as I wouldn't wish that on anyone, lol.

Just don't let them tell you it's your problem, because that addonmgr program has "always" been a problem.

strykerpsg
August 8th, 2010, 18:08
LOL, thanks Falcon. You are right about it always being everyone elses fault, to a point where Virtuali gets almost un-professionally disconnected about ensuring it's not their add on manager. When last installed, I even got error messages with Virtuali in the description and it was still not their add on manager according to him. Anyway, will make another attempt to use it, as I would love to get their latest. Was more hoping to find someone that found a workaround.

BTW, great work on the Voodoo. I used to see the Canadian ones when I was a kid, what a cool bird.

Matt

icycle
August 8th, 2010, 19:29
Just don't let them tell you it's your problem, because that addonmgr program has "always" been a problem.[/QUOTE]

LOL! one of the biggest reasons I went with the Blueprint version of KDFW!!! The addon manager program/process always seems to mess with my system. PHNL was the last straw for me. they sceneries always look stunning, but really under-perform

Matt, hope you get yours worked out.

Bill

BOOM
August 9th, 2010, 06:30
Hey Matt,I'm very sorry you're having trouble,Have you tried downloading the latest version of The Addon Manager?

strykerpsg
August 9th, 2010, 10:49
Boom, I did try their latest version when I purchased PHNL about 6 months ago. I will try re-installing, but ultimately wish they would just acknowledge it's broken and replace it with somehting that works far better.

Matt

falcon409
August 9th, 2010, 18:04
I can tell you from experience that the AddonMgr is a good program, but also not as infallible as they would insist. I was having problems with it a few years ago and after constant posts back and forth with the guy who actually wrote the program, he sheepishly acknowledged finally that after going back into the program he discovered some errant code that was causing the problem.

When it works correctly it does the job, but when it goes south, for whatever reason, it's worthless and no number of re-downloads of the current version will fix the problem.

Good Luck to ya!:salute: