PDA

View Full Version : 2D panel question

Aztec
August 6th, 2010, 19:01
G'day all

I've just started flying George Arana's Bell 210, and would like a little better forward vision in the 2D panel mode; I can drag the panel vertically but would like to drag or relocate it to the left if at all possible. Does anyone know a way in which this can be done?

Cheers

Aztec

Tom Clayton
August 6th, 2010, 19:37
It's been my experience that panels that are 100% wide will only move up or down. Plus that if you pull it down far enough, you might find that there's a black void at the bottom of the screen that was hidden by the panel bitmap. (It's not always there - usually, but not always.) If I need extra visibility, I just use the minipanel.

Naismith
August 6th, 2010, 22:43
2D in a chopper? How do you land? I need to be in VC mode preferably with TIR, otherwise I find it nigh on impossible to judge my height.

Milton Shupe
August 7th, 2010, 05:14
G'day all

I've just started flying George Arana's Bell 210, and would like a little better forward vision in the 2D panel mode; I can drag the panel vertically but would like to drag or relocate it to the left if at all possible. Does anyone know a way in which this can be done?

Cheers

Aztec

Yes you can ...

Open you panel cfg.

For your primary window, usually Window00, experiment and change these parameters:

[Window00]
file=500SWood1.bmp
size_mm=940
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=1
ident=0
window_size= 0.5000, 0.5000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.535

Original window_size was 1.000, 1.000 and
window_pos was 0.000, 0.000

And if you have a black bar across the bottom, just change this parameter:

SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=6144 //3765

Aztec
August 7th, 2010, 15:32
Thanks Milton, that was just what I was looking for - I'll have a play with those parameters and see what I come up with.

2D in a chopper? How do you land? I need to be in VC mode preferably with TIR, otherwise I find it nigh on impossible to judge my height.

Unfortunately no TIR here :frown: , but I find if I have the cockpit zoom on 0.75 or 0.50 and go to minipanel shortly before touchdown it's not too bad. However sometimes the minipanel doesn't give enough info (without modification), hence why I wanted to modify the position of the main panel. A good radar alt. (eg. like on the Mi-8) helps too!

Cheers

Az