PDA

View Full Version : unstable visual effects?

gianlucabagatti
November 19th, 2008, 02:05
adding to my previus thread....
just changed rig and notably vc (Nvidia Geforce 9800 gt).
all works well and fast, Nostutter, as fps as I want etc. etc. maybe too much (because of the monitor?)
using track-ir pro or simply the good old hat switch every time I let my view wandering from side to side and in doing so I "intercept" the bracings (fixed front part of a canopy either with doors or sliding aft canopy as with sf-260) these ones look for a while as secated always in two different positions as the bracings were interruppted as it tipically happens in tv monitor (my is a TF260 samsung 1920x1200).
it happens so fast I have no chance to captre it with a snap shot so I can't better explain but every help will be gratly appreciated! gianluca

FLighT01
November 19th, 2008, 04:40
I'm also using that monitor at 1900 x 1200 with my new computer connected in DVI mode with an Nvidia 280 and I'm not sure that it's the right monitor for PC flying. My much older 24" Sony (which I think is purely a comp monitor) presents images significantly better whether the view is fixed or being panned. I continue to investigate. When the Hanspree 28" gets back in stock at BB I may try one out. I think this Samsung model is more a TV than a PC monitor.

gianlucabagatti
November 19th, 2008, 07:01
but basically they should be same, I mean it exists the PC monitor only version but the software shoulde be the same...or not?

FLighT01
November 19th, 2008, 08:25
Don't know for sure. I ran the Samsung T260HD for a few weeks on windows plug and play drivers before installing the Samsung software, (and there appears to be only 1 driver set available for Win 98 through Vista and whether your on 32 or 64 bit it's the same driver), either way I wasn't satisfied. The Samsungs monitor adjustments did little to effect any change. Using the Nvidia cards adjustments I was able to improve the color levels, brightness, contrast, etc., fairly well but there are still some things about the picture in motion I don't care for with FSX. Could be my setup of FSX as well. I downloaded Nhancer a few nights ago and started working with that to make all graphics adjustments in the driver. Still got some issues to iron out, maybe I'm expecting too much but then why does my old flat screen still look better, to my eyes anyway. :blind:

I may try the VGA input (with an adapter) this weekend to see if there is any difference good or bad. Strange, but in 10 years of simming this is the first time I ever wondered if the monitor could be an issue in what I was seeing on the screen that I didn't like. And maybe it's not, if not it's got to be the 280 card or a setting or combination of settings, just need more time to work it out.

gianlucabagatti
November 20th, 2008, 08:22
Don't know for sure. I ran the Samsung T260HD for a few weeks on windows plug and play drivers before installing the Samsung software, (and there appears to be only 1 driver set available for Win 98 through Vista and whether your on 32 or 64 bit it's the same driver), either way I wasn't satisfied. The Samsungs monitor adjustments did little to effect any change. Using the Nvidia cards adjustments I was able to improve the color levels, brightness, contrast, etc., fairly well but there are still some things about the picture in motion I don't care for with FSX. Could be my setup of FSX as well. I downloaded Nhancer a few nights ago and started working with that to make all graphics adjustments in the driver. Still got some issues to iron out, maybe I'm expecting too much but then why does my old flat screen still look better, to my eyes anyway. :blind:

I may try the VGA input (with an adapter) this weekend to see if there is any difference good or bad. Strange, but in 10 years of simming this is the first time I ever wondered if the monitor could be an issue in what I was seeing on the screen that I didn't like. And maybe it's not, if not it's got to be the 280 card or a setting or combination of settings, just need more time to work it out.

hi FLighT01, I'm sure you already tried that but this night I want to change herz frequency and see....