PDA

View Full Version : A question for real military pilots

XLR8
August 4th, 2010, 12:51
Me and a couple of friends were wondering if any real world military pilots here or know of any that have did any of the following .

Fly with PJs,flip flops,bare foot etc..

Made out in a military aircraft

Any other bizzar stuff,would be neat to .

Thanks

Willy
August 4th, 2010, 13:25
I doubt if it happened, and if it did they probably won't admit to it.

Although P-38 pilots in the Pacific theatre were known to fly in their skivvies due to the heat in the cockpits. They probably wouldn't get away with it today.

n4gix
August 4th, 2010, 14:06
"A couple of friends and I..."

Leave your friends out and then speak that out loud...

"Me was wondering..." sounds kind of silly don't you think?:173go1:

jmig
August 4th, 2010, 15:18
Me and a couple of friends were wondering if any real world military pilots here or know of any that have did any of the following. Thanks

Fly with PJs,flip flops,bare foot etc.. No, if you had to eject it would be bad when you landed. If you were caught, you would probably have your wings yanked.

I did hear (I didn't see him get out of the airplane) of a former astronaut who landed his T-38 at our base and then get out wearing wingtip shoes. Since I didn't see it, I can't swear it happened.

Made out in a military aircraft. I am sure it has been done in large aircraft. In fighters, you hardly have room to scratch where it itches, must less have anyone else in the cockpit with whom to make out.

Any other bizzar stuff,would be neat to . Generally, military crew-members are a select group. We are professional and know what can happen if you screw around too much. We all had friends who bought the farm, by accident. Doing stupid stuff for the most part didn't happen.

XLR8
August 4th, 2010, 16:09
Saw some of this in a movie,and was just wondering .

Ken Stallings
August 4th, 2010, 16:40
Well,

No

No

No

Cheers,

Ken

redriver6
August 4th, 2010, 16:51
Fly with PJs,flip flops,bare foot etc..

Lt. Phillip Rasmussen did on Dec. 7, 1941.....PJ's that is..of course there were somewhat extenuating circumstances...