PDA

View Full Version : Our Next Generation Destoyer

Crusader
August 4th, 2010, 03:37
Saw this on CNET this morning . Thought our SOH Navy personnel would find it interesting . Wow , talk about high tech . What a piece of technology . In my humble opinion , this is another reason why our U.S.N. is second to none .

Very interesting article : http://msn-cnet.com.com/2300-11386_3-10004376.html?part=msn-cnet&subj=ns&tag=feed

Rich

Bone
August 4th, 2010, 04:13
It almost looks like it would be happy underwater, too.

Aviator32
August 4th, 2010, 04:35
Do you need it?
Can you afford it?
(I guess one follows the other but I bet the answer to at least one of those questions is No :kilroy:)

Cazzie
August 4th, 2010, 06:27
Will it win the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Getting kind of sick of hi-tech war materials that is of no use in low-tech wars. Where does the money train stop?

Couldn't those engineers be doing something more pertinet to our survival, like say building a new RR infrastructure for our nation and replacing all the decaying highways and bridges.

Caz

Crusader
August 4th, 2010, 06:45

Getting kind of sick of hi-tech war materials that is of no use in low-tech wars. Where does the money train stop?

Couldn't those engineers be doing something more pertinet to our survival, like say building a new RR infrastructure for our nation and replacing all the decaying highways and bridges.

Caz

I like reading about high tech stuff(own little to none of it) and Caz ; I'm with you on this one . The older I get , the more anti-war I get . Trying not to make a political statement here(which I probably am) but billions of $ could have been spent on exactly what you have mentioned and much , much , more .

Rich

Lionheart
August 4th, 2010, 08:35
Looks like a mix between Battle Star Gallactica and the Merrimac Ironclad. Wild design.

Bill

Bjoern
August 4th, 2010, 10:07
The Swedes did a way better job at making naval stealth stuff pleasant to the eyes.

Allen
August 4th, 2010, 12:14
The Swedes did a way better job at making naval stealth stuff pleasant to the eyes.

↑his!

Caz

↑hat!

/Google fails me today...

TARPSBird
August 4th, 2010, 22:17
I'm glad I'm retired so I don't have to serve on such an ugly vessel.
I doubt that any of these ships will be built due to budget cuts. Any further comments would get into the political realm so I won't go there.

Allen
August 4th, 2010, 22:26
I'm glad I'm retired so I don't have to serve on such an ugly vessel.
I doubt that any of these ships will be built due to budget cuts. Any further comments would get into the political realm so I won't go there.

Ugly vessel, Ugly planes....This is a bad trend.

Naismith
August 4th, 2010, 22:27
It reminds me of the WW1 Dreadnoughts which have been pimped.

Bushpounder
August 5th, 2010, 01:25
HA! New show .... Pimp My Ship!!! Dawg!! ;)

Don

deathfromafar
August 5th, 2010, 02:17
Last I saw the Zumwalt Class is more or less back burner for now and the Arleigh Burke Class is being extended. The supposedly 3 funded will go on for now. If I had to guess, the new class may see a bigger phase in during the next 15 or so years. There are a number of other programs which have priority right now over this new class. As always, these new classes play out over a long period.

Matter of fact, I am going to the Commissioning of a new Arleigh Burke Destroyer this fall.