PDA

View Full Version : can a RXP530 waypoint be deleted?

clmooring
August 2nd, 2010, 17:07
sorry duplacate Post.... Does anyone know if a waypoint can deleted from a RXP530 flight plan?

bkeske
August 2nd, 2010, 17:51
From the Garmin database? Or one you created as a custom wapoint? You can definitely delete waypoints that you created, and also waypoints within a plan, the instruction are in the real word Garmin manual, but it is fairly intuitive to do. I doubt you can edit the the Garmin database, if that is what you are asking.

clmooring
August 3rd, 2010, 18:16
I created a flight plan using the rxp530 at the startup of a flight. I wanted to delete one of the waypoints (an airport from the database) I wanted to remove that one waypoint from the flightplan. I could not find a way to remove an individual waypoint. I could additional way points.

bkeske
August 3rd, 2010, 19:51
OK, this is pretty easy, and as I said, fairly intuitive....

Once you have your flight plan loaded into the 530, go to the flight plan page, turn on your curser, scroll to the waypoint you want to delete ('highlight' it), then hit the CLR (for clear) button, and the unit will ask if you want to delete that waypoint from the plan, the YES selection will be blinking, then hit ENT (enter). Your waypiont is now deleted from your plan. If you decide you don't want to delete it, instead of YES, use the 'outer' navigation knob and highlight NO, and hit ENT.

Now, you are not deleting the airport from the database, but simply removing it from the flight plan. You cannot delete the airport from the database itself.

clmooring
August 4th, 2010, 15:42
ah... the clear key. That must be the secret! I dont know how I missed that. I figured everything else out but for some reason using the clear key at that point in the process just didn't occur to me. I guess it was too obvious.

thanks a million!

bkeske
August 4th, 2010, 16:18
Yer welcome.