PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Pinto

Mick
July 31st, 2010, 09:32
Another fun little jet...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/mm99/Pinto/SuperSylvester.jpg

OBIO
July 31st, 2010, 09:49
Had never heard of the Temco TT-1 Pinto before. Very neat looking trainer. Like a T-2, but not so chubby. Will have to crash this one many many times when it is released.

OBIO

Mick
July 31st, 2010, 10:04
Well, there wasn't much to hear about the TT-1. It was developed for the Navy so they could test the idea of a jet primary trainer, but they decided against it. In fact, to this day the Navy has never abandoned prop driven primary trainers, though in recent decades they're been turboprops.

There were only fifteen Pintos built, but after the Navy finished with them they were sold on the civil market and all but one were converted to Super Pintos.

The Super was developed for the Air Force as a COIN fighter but lost the contract to the Cessna A-37. It had three times the power of the original TT-1. In a pilot report, Bud Davisson wrote that the Super Pinto does a better job of converting kerosene and money into adrenalin and grins than any plane ever built.

Our project is a tu-fer, featuring both the original Pinto and the Super Pinto.

There's a lot of work yet to be done, like finishing up the 3D models, and making the 2D and VC panels and the sound set, so it will be a while yet before it's released.

Milton Shupe
July 31st, 2010, 10:15
Wow! That looks great already Mick! Looking forward to this baby. :applause:

PutPut
July 31st, 2010, 12:01
Love Sylvester Puddy Cat on the tail. Do you have anything to do with kitties?:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Paul

norab
July 31st, 2010, 14:38
cool, looking forward to it

TARPSBird
July 31st, 2010, 15:41
Mee likee! :d

Mick
July 31st, 2010, 17:44
Love Sylvester Puddy Cat on the tail. Do you have anything to do with kitties?:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Paul

I tought I taw a puddy tat!

I did! I taw a puddy tat!

:icon_lol:

I once had a cat named Puddin' (I didn't name him!) and he must have gotten SO tired of hearing that...

Mick
July 31st, 2010, 17:46
Here's what they looked like when they were in the Navy:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/mm99/Pinto/TT-1Pensacola.jpg

Mick
July 31st, 2010, 18:10
...There's a lot of work yet to be done, like finishing up the 3D models, and making the 2D and VC panels and the sound set, so it will be a while yet before it's released.

Not to mention two very different flight models. So it won't be ready overnight...

PeteHam
July 31st, 2010, 21:25
Well done Mick :applause: :applause:

It looks great and I'm also keen to try it out :jump:

Pete.