PDA

View Full Version : Something I've been playing with.

Firebar
July 29th, 2010, 05:57
I thought this might interest some people. Yak-28p Firebar. I've been promising myself I'd build one for ages. This is it nearing completion in my primary CAD program. Once its done I have to shift it to GMax via .dxf format. If anyone wants a copy of the raw dxf in GMax PM me, I'm away for the next month so I'm not going to get a chance to do much to it and if anyone else wants to experiment they're welcome to.

harrybasset
July 29th, 2010, 07:41
I'm afraid I don't understand much of your post but I would really like to fly a Firebar sooner rather than later.

SteveB
July 29th, 2010, 12:24
Hope someone takes this on, I would if it wasn't for my ineptitude with such things. That there poly bending, it be witchcraft.

Steve

norab
July 29th, 2010, 14:24
no talent to help, but I'm drooling already

Firebar
July 29th, 2010, 14:48
Mostly set up in GMax now, for a more familliar look. As the file formats of the two programs are so different I use Xenon (the CAD program) as a template in GMax, the outputs are too high resolution for GMax, the basic low detail model I started with was 63,000 polygons!. The one here is closer to 10,000. The landing gear is still a bit fishy, thats one of the bits I find really difficult, well all interior parts really.

srgalahad
July 29th, 2010, 15:09
you might want to start with this thread:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=40041

The witchcraft in there makes GMAX look like Lego but if it helps...

Rob

Firebar
July 29th, 2010, 15:25
Thanks srgalahad, that was an interesting read. Luckily I don't need it yet. The large number of Polys I started with is due to a file type mismatch, as I've been using a professional CAD program which uses vector shapes when it's transferred into mesh in GMax it has some issues.

Milton Shupe
July 29th, 2010, 15:58
Mostly set up in GMax now, for a more familliar look. As the file formats of the two programs are so different I use Xenon (the CAD program) as a template in GMax, the outputs are too high resolution for GMax, the basic low detail model I started with was 63,000 polygons!. The one here is closer to 10,000. The landing gear is still a bit fishy, thats one of the bits I find really difficult, well all interior parts really.

If you need help with the gear, just give me a shout. Happy to help.

Firebar
August 4th, 2010, 13:12
Thanks for the offer Milton, when I'm next home I'll see which bits I can do then send the source files off.

M