PDA

View Full Version : Instant Scenery & FS9 Crash

Richard Westcott
November 18th, 2008, 12:21
I have been building some scenery in FS9 which has worked fine, when I selected a piece of scenery from the library FS9 crashed (I did not even try to add the item).

My problem is I can not get FS9 to open at my selected airfield or an airfield close by. I also tried to open via my last saved flight's but I ended up with a flight and aircraft I have never flown!

Has anyone else experienced this and how did you rectify the problem.

Many thanks for your help

strikehawk
November 18th, 2008, 15:27
I have the same problem from time to time. As for me it seems to occur when I select a file that

A; has some form of copy protection, files from Planesimulation comes to mind.

B; a file without textures.

The only thing I can do is restart and hope that I remembered to save at least one item so the file is there and remember what not to open again. I have not found a fix yet. FOr what its worth it also happens with EZ Scenery too, so this sounds like a common error of some sort.

Richard Westcott
November 19th, 2008, 00:07
I managed to fix the problem by opening at a different field, I then opened instant scenery and deselected all my libraries, selected the delete function. This then allowed me move back to the airfield where the scenery was being built, I deleted the last 4 or 5 entries and added some scenery which I knew was safe.

Hope this all makes sense, but it seems to have cured the problem.

Thanks for your reply.