PDA

View Full Version : Need rain here bad, so...........

Navy Chief
July 26th, 2010, 18:18
I had gutters installed on the house today. Yep, that should do it. The rain will surely come now, right?

NC

Willy
July 26th, 2010, 18:52
What works for me is to put fly spray on the horses. It washes right off in the rain.

Actually we've had some rough t-storms late this afternoon and it's looking like we have more on the way tonight.

And yes, I fly sprayed the horses yesterday.

jhefner
July 26th, 2010, 19:37
Washing and waxing the car does the trick for me. We had some very pleasant showers throughout the day; more in the days to come. Maybe all those cracks in the ground will go away now.

OBIO
July 26th, 2010, 21:17
The sure fire way I have found to make it rain:

When the veggie garden is on the verge of dying from lack of rain, I grab a 3 gallon bucket and fill it with water from the out door spicket and carry it to the garden 600 feet away. Use that 3 gallons to water two plants....then head back for another bucket of water. It takes 6 trips to water the tomato plants, 2 trips to water the pepper plants, 2 trips to water the cucumber plants, and 3 trips to water the gourd plants....13 trips all told. The day after I do that, it will rain for hours....and again the following day.

I am half Native American, or Injun as I like to call it, but was never taught my ancestors' various forms of the Rain Dance. So I created my own, as outlined above. I guess that makes me a new breed of Injun...I am a member of the 3-Gallon White Plastic Bucket tribe.

OBIO

Mickey D
July 27th, 2010, 02:36
Arrange a day's fishing with a pal at that favourite spot on the river. Guaranteed to pee it down 5mins after opening the beer cans.

Terry
July 27th, 2010, 04:24
The sure fire way I have found to make it rain:

When the veggie garden is on the verge of dying from lack of rain, I grab a 3 gallon bucket and fill it with water from the out door spicket and carry it to the garden 600 feet away. Use that 3 gallons to water two plants....then head back for another bucket of water. It takes 6 trips to water the tomato plants, 2 trips to water the pepper plants, 2 trips to water the cucumber plants, and 3 trips to water the gourd plants....13 trips all told. The day after I do that, it will rain for hours....and again the following day.

I am half Native American, or Injun as I like to call it, but was never taught my ancestors' various forms of the Rain Dance. So I created my own, as outlined above. I guess that makes me a new breed of Injun...I am a member of the 3-Gallon White Plastic Bucket tribe.

OBIO

I take it you have never encountered a member of the 600' Water Pipe Tribe! :bump:

cheezyflier
July 27th, 2010, 05:43
Washing and waxing the car does the trick for me.

a sure fire method if ever there was one

.I am a member of the 3-Gallon White Plastic Bucket tribe.

i nearly choked on my muffin, thanks for the lol :icon_lol:

Snuffy
July 27th, 2010, 06:16
I had gutters installed on the house today. Yep, that should do it. The rain will surely come now, right?

NC

Excuse me, but weren't you just complaining about your yard work and the amount of green stuff you have to work with? ;)

OleBoy
July 27th, 2010, 06:39
I take it you have never encountered a member of the 600' Water Pipe Tribe! :bump:

Terry, you took the words right outta my mouth :applause::mixedsmi:
...sprinklers are great devices too

Dain Arns
July 27th, 2010, 08:53
We are supposed to have another 1-2 inches of rain tonight.
You can have mine.

lefty
July 27th, 2010, 09:02
My buddy and I both installed computer-controlled watering devices for all our window-boxes, hanging baskets, and flowerbeds.

It rained subsequently for about three months........