PDA

View Full Version : Trucks

EasyEd
July 25th, 2010, 16:38
Hey All,

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here but...

I believe this girl
http://www.grandmarubys.com/Johanna_Long.jpg
is the real deal and will be good in Cup unless her interests take her another direction.

Consider:

Long has already collected an impressive list of racing accomplishments. At 15 she won her home track (5 flags) championship. At only 18 years old, she touts Late Model championships in the Blizzard Series and Gulf Coast Series from the 2009 season. Long won five of the 36 events she ran en route to her championships and captured the pole for the esteemed Snowball Derby at Five Flags Speedway in 2009. She out qualified Kyle Busch although he did win.

At 18 she is the youngest woman to ever drive a truck in the truck series and she came home 17th in a clean truck.

I do believe she is the real deal.

You heard it here.

-Ed-

Terry
July 26th, 2010, 03:54
I have to agree, she was impressive! Hope she stays the course.

stansdds
July 26th, 2010, 14:05
She's got a better shot at it than Danica Patrick.

(Stans ducks in anticipation of incoming bricks)

This girl has started in the truck series, which is not too far removed from Nationwide and Sprint Cup cars. Danica is an Indy driver and based on the Indy drivers that try to get into NASCAR, changing driving style and adapting to the different rules is a monumental task.

Cazzie
July 29th, 2010, 12:17
She's dikey looking enough like Janet Gutherie. Now I'm just sayin', no "real" woman is ever gonna be competitive with the men, sorry, mother nature ain't gonna let it happen, there's gotta be some testosterone in the girl for her to be competitive.

My reasoning is usually sound after one sees the results of what I believe during several years. This lady may win, but a looker she ain't. That alone might help her make it.

Caz