PDA

View Full Version : Ark Royal of Australia

IanHenry
July 25th, 2010, 11:46
I don'y know if anyone else has seen this, but taking off from Jervis Bay, New South Wales I found a rather nice model of HMS Ark Royal to land on (I am using the Oz Ships package). The ORBX/Oz Australia scenery is full of little suprises!

Regards,
Ian.

SkippyBing
July 25th, 2010, 12:32
Hmmm, well I appear to be credited for it but I don't remember being asked if it could be included. Not that I would have said no, but it's nice to be asked.

Guess I'll have to use my latest toy to go and track it...

SkippyBing
July 25th, 2010, 13:09
Actually, having just looked at it, they're using an old version of the model which I think only has one cat working and has a random crash point on the deck. If you download the latest version from www.flyingstations.com it'll overwrite the old one, but still appear on the traffic routes.
The new version fixes a load of problems with the model (such as the random crash point) and gives much better fps.

IanHenry
July 25th, 2010, 13:14
Thanks Skippy, I'll do that.

Ian.

jeansy
July 26th, 2010, 02:59
Hmmm, well I appear to be credited for it but I don't remember being asked if it could be included. Not that I would have said no, but it's nice to be asked.

Guess I'll have to use my latest toy to go and track it...

Skippy i sent you a message some time back while it was in concept stage bud and got a thumbs up it was a while ago

SkippyBing
July 26th, 2010, 05:11
Skippy i sent you a message some time back while it was in concept stage bud and got a thumbs up it was a while ago

To be honest that's perfectly believable! Not having my main machine to hand I couldn't check my e-mails! Apologies for any aspersions cast!

Incidentally you may want to update it with the new version, drop me a line and I can extract the files from the installer for you.

Bone
July 26th, 2010, 07:02
Is it going to be awhile before we have a Buccaneer to fly off of the Ark Royal?

SkippyBing
July 26th, 2010, 07:59
It's definitely getting closer http://z13.invisionfree.com/Flying_Stations/index.php?showtopic=10