PDA

View Full Version : Piglet's T-33 causing me problems in FS9

Navy Chief
November 18th, 2008, 08:49
My father in law wanted a T-33 for FS9, so I installed Piglet's great model for him.

But it is causing conflicts with FS9, somehow. Although I was able to select the aircraft and fly it ok, when I try to exit out of FS9, or just "end the flight", then FS9 crashes.

When I take the T-33 back out of the sim, all is ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

NC

skyhawka4m
November 18th, 2008, 09:59
sounds like a texture issue. I have had that happen when one or more of the textures have a bad alpha channel, usually solid black.

pointy31
November 18th, 2008, 10:06
I had a similar problem with Tim's A-12 in FSX, but a simple re-install fixed it, whatever "it" was...:isadizzy:

jankees
November 18th, 2008, 10:23
I've had the same problem with the T-33, never figured out what was going on, and in the end deleted it. Too bad, I really liked it...

Willy
November 18th, 2008, 11:29
Best as I remember there's a problem with the gaugesound.dll file that involves Piglet's aircraft. Can't remember the fix off the top of my head, but it's pretty darn simple.

kimdahl
November 18th, 2008, 13:37
Yes, that's it. The gaugesound.dll needs to be present in the FS9 main folder (or FSX if you are using the plane there) for some of Tim's older models to work. Otherwise the sim will crash on exit.

Regards
Kim

Navy Chief
November 18th, 2008, 16:07
Kimdahl,

and everyone else who replied. Thank you! My father in law (now 86) is truly enjoying flightsimming. He flies almost every day now (FS9). He's like a kid at Christmas time, and he get's so excited when he learns something new about FS.

Thank you all!

NC

OBIO
November 18th, 2008, 16:30
Have no input on Piglet's T-33....just wanted to say YOU ROCK NavyChief. Getting your father-in-law hooked up with a system, FS9 and giving him something enjoyable to do each day....good on ya, mate (as Bruce the Shark in Finding Nemo would say). :medals: Having spent time each day at the Nursing Home/Rehab Center where my wife is undergoing extended rehab after her brain surgery, I see many many older folks who are basically abandoned....no visitors, no family. To read of your efforts to enrich your father-in-law's life does my jaded heart good.

OBIO

Navy Chief
November 19th, 2008, 15:47
kimdahl,

You were correct; that fixed the problem!!! Thanks!

Here is a picture of my father in law, J.D. Smith, enjoying FS9. He flies more than I do!!!!

NC

TomSteber
November 19th, 2008, 16:35
Have no input on Piglet's T-33....just wanted to say YOU ROCK NavyChief. Getting your father-in-law hooked up with a system, FS9 and giving him something enjoyable to do each day....good on ya, mate (as Bruce the Shark in Finding Nemo would say). :medals: Having spent time each day at the Nursing Home/Rehab Center where my wife is undergoing extended rehab after her brain surgery, I see many many older folks who are basically abandoned....no visitors, no family. To read of your efforts to enrich your father-in-law's life does my jaded heart good.

OBIO

:applause::applause::applause::applause: Dido

There are WAY TOO MANY people in nursing homes that either get no or very few visitors. My father-in-law was just recently put in a nursing home. The staff there were amazed that one of the family was there to see him every day he was there. They said you don't see that very often.
It really makes their day.
Sadly we lost him last Friday night after a 40 hour beside vigil. Two days before his 79th birthday. The point is, if you know someone in a nursing home, go visit them. Let them know you care.

Navy Chief
November 19th, 2008, 16:50
I used to pick up patients at nursing homes, and take them to doctor's appts. up in Indianapolis. It was because of those experiences that there's NO way I will ever consciously end up in one. Not if I can help it.

NC

deathfromafar
November 19th, 2008, 16:56
kimdahl,

You were correct; that fixed the problem!!! Thanks!

Here is a picture of my father in law, J.D. Smith, enjoying FS9. He flies more than I do!!!!

NC

That is awesome NC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::cost1: