View Full Version : A MUST see program on PBS' NOVA ..

Snuffy
July 24th, 2010, 09:57
Frozen in time ...

A story of a recovery attempt of a B-29 SuperFort.

Watch it till the end, it'll break your heart.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/b29/

Bomber_12th
July 24th, 2010, 11:09
...and once you see it, you'll probably never want to see it again. I get more upset about the loss of Rick, rather than the aircraft.

Allen
July 24th, 2010, 11:09
Frozen in time ...

A story of a recovery attempt of a B-29 SuperFort.

Watch it till the end, it'll break your heart.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/b29/

Already have broke my heart....

TomSteber
July 24th, 2010, 11:56
Soooo close.

Eoraptor1
July 24th, 2010, 13:10
Saw it. I used to work for a psychology professor who'd been in a Superfortress crew in WWII. One day he came in wearing his old bomber jacket, which he'd finally gotten back from one of his children, which was quite a treat for me. He said that the b-29 was pressurized, with internal heating, and that initially a lot of bombs dropped from high altitude got lost in the jet stream, which few people understood at the time. That's when General LeMay switched to low level bombing and started lighting whole cities on fire.

JAMES

Bone
July 24th, 2010, 18:02
I saw this about 9 years ago and it was depressing. I was completely caught off-guard by the loss of the mechanic, and how the plane ended up. I'll need another 9 years.

Trans_23
July 25th, 2010, 09:38
That was some story. I was expecting something something would go bad after takeoff. I just can't imagine the disappointment of all the people involved. They beat the odds right up to that final minutes before takeoff. RIP Rick.

brad kaste
July 25th, 2010, 11:03
...and once you see it, you'll probably never want to see it again. I get more upset about the loss of Rick, rather than the aircraft.

Amen to that brother. I had just mentioned the same thing to a friend of mine who had watched the PBS show too. The poor guy busted a gut for what???

Cazzie
July 25th, 2010, 13:13

Same here bomber, that was an unexpected sad moment and seeing it again is not the same.

Caz

robert41
July 25th, 2010, 14:00
I seen the show when it first aired. Very hard to watch the ending.