PDA

View Full Version : NEW! Freeware Mil Mi-8 "Hip"

Flyboy208
July 23rd, 2010, 14:44
Just spotted this big Soviet / Russian Helo @ Avsim ...

File Description:
Helicopter Mi-8MT, version 4 (2010.) 6 of versions of models, 7 structures, completely workers 2D and 3D cabins(2d the panel only for the large-format monitor (1:6)!), is a lot of animation, original gauges, Paint Kit - the request to read a manual - there answers to all questions. Only for FS9!

The Mil Mi-8 (NATO reporting name "Hip") is a medium, twin-turbine, Russian transport helicopter. The Mi-8 is the world's most-produced helicopter. There are numerous variants, including gunship versions.

Filename: mi8zh_2010.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 23rd July 2010
Downloads: 426
Author: Vladimir Zhyhulskiy
Size: 78183kb

Cheers! Mike

OleBoy
July 23rd, 2010, 14:47
I just downloaded it. No English manual provided. Nice looking in detail, but useless to a non-Russian (I resemble that) simmer. Delete!!

Flyboy208
July 23rd, 2010, 14:51
Well, my cyrillic is enough to get me by. I'll let you know how she flies ...

Mike :wiggle:

strikehawk
July 23rd, 2010, 16:36
Getting it now, 76mb d/l, hope it's as fun as his earlier release. It would be nice to see the Mi-2 Hoplite updated, that's another fun helo to fly.

Wing_Z
July 23rd, 2010, 16:48
I'm assuming the previous versions' paints will work too.
Anything by Vlad is always a pleasure...

Z-claudius24
July 23rd, 2010, 17:03
Hi,

Will fly it .. even if the instructions were in Chinese .. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/RAF_Dumoulin/ANIMATIONS-SPECIAL/th172e3bf8.gif
Pilots must have a "open mind"

Z-claudius24
July 23rd, 2010, 17:40
Hi,

Raw translation of the PDF instructions ......

Miles MI-8MT

In memory of a childhood friend of Maxim Khudoley,
Kherson pilot helicopter regiment
who died in the skies of Afghanistan

Model for FS-2004
Version 4 - 2010

SMALL PREFACE
This is my 4 attempts to make a model of this legendary helicopter. The first was published, 3 no, that's 4 th yet dared to publish. Why I picked again for the Mi-8, if there Nimetz, Lago and PNTV? - This is a good package, but one is not happy with the lack of cockpit (PNTV), while others, in spite of good elaboration (NIMETH) - Western or something, focus on the Western public, which completely forgotten that the principal symbols of the Afghan war began at one time two Soviet technology - VMP and of course, Mi-8 helicopter. Therefore, for the sake of the Afghan Business Edition package, but along the way and cargo options, today's WTA-shnye, MES were made. Package aimed at Russian. Simmer, even a detailed manual is only in Russian, for foreign fans of the machine-only graphical infa for Animation. Yes, and anyone interested in glamorous passenger versions with Blocks. glasses - here they do not look, no, I extremely VTA modelers, trucks and choppers.
Package was made as always, first and foremost for himself, for his vision and understanding, with special emphasis - on the VC, for me personally it is important. If someone is not so - do not hold it against me, I share what I consider necessary and proper in the sime for yourself, if someone is not pleased - I apologize in advance.
The model of a completely new from previous versions did not taken, the model is also used animated swash plate and rotor from Artem GILTIYA and autopilot AP-34 from Stepan GRITSEVSKOGO, for which he thanks a lot. Thanks also to many colleagues from the site AVSIM.SU for help and advice, all of them are listed below.

================================================== =====

MODEL

The model was originally performed in 3DS Max, then always deferred to GMax, where the final assembly, otteksturivanie and compiling directly into Sim.
This package presented on 6 types of models (names - by the Director, in the package):
1. model.EVU - Vertical option. Afganskiz time, with Eva, ROM, PKT, Nursi, etc. No external suspension. (Textures AFG). Antitank gun and jump-seat-cover in VC.
2.model.GVF - a civilian version (Textures AFL), ROM, external suspension (container), and domestic cargo - drums.
3. model.NORD - a civilian version of the northern (Textures NORD), no ROM, external suspension (Section's oil. derricks), and domestic cargo - no, instead of cargo. cab spider, pilots dressed in a winter form.
4. model.PZU - version MES (Textures PZU), ROM, external suspension (container), and domestic cargo - container.
5. model.UN - similar to Option MES (Textures UN), ROM, external suspension (container), and domestic cargo - container. The difference between the pilots wearing helmets.
6. model.NURS - Active military option (Textures NURS, UA), ROM, external suspension (container), internal cargo - container drivers in helmets, pendants Nursi.

TEXTURE OPTIONS

Below the pictures are 7 variants of textures from this package. Attached to a package of Paint-Kit (about this below).
1. The Afghan version (board 31 from the 262 th Bagram OVE.
2. Aeroflot standard blue-gray RA 25850.
3. KolAvia RA 22980.
4. The Russian army aviation side 57.
5. The Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations board RF 32820.
6. UN's TV from the side of the Kherson vert. The teams worked in West Africa (Sierra Leone and Liberia).
7. Ukrainian Navy aboard 09.

PANEL

This package presented 2 types of panels - Afghan and more modern.
Immediately agreed - in a package panel only for widescreen LCD monitor (1:6)!
A small difference - Afghan has PKT and a separate device (animated cover-seat hand-BT). This lid is opened by clicking the above cover in the closed position - in the area of machine gun - rose by clicking on the cover itself. This is done intentionally - as under the lid has a device to switch fuels. tanks - he also has a clickable area, so to prevent the overlap zone of these two devices click on the cover is made above the instrument Percle. tanks. In addition, this option the panel has meteoradara, bendiksovskogo NAV2, and, in accordance with the times, there is no GPS. All of the above is a modern version of the panel (the same applies to the VC - on this below).
Description of the devices I do not give - they're well-known fans of the machines - devices made according to the arrangement of the official manual ver. Mi-8 (great spsmibo M. Panyute (aka Mitch) for providing excellent graphical information) - so for the most part correspond to the realities.
So I want to focus on the instruments that I have made further - because I think for the Sima is quite acceptable.
This is, first, a bourgeois Bendix HAB-2, - just for the many photos really similar devices installed on the Mi-8, particularly in the western versions, and here too. Then - a digital altimeter - for me personally, especially for flights on turntable - veesh indispensable - at standard PB does not always grasp the height up to one meter while landing ... The device much more await-2 (Russian analog of DME-2) - also for me vesh irreplaceable. Others mainly devices correspond to the realities, and the above mentioned devices can be easily disabled or replace - if someone does not know how - write - explain.
Furthermore, all additional panels have their icons to call, and the relevant panels have the same icons for the back goal - closure - easy and convenient.

ADDITIONAL PANELS

In addition to standard doppaneley common to the entire simulation (map, ATC, GPS), there are 6 specific to Mi-8 panels:
1. Start-hydraulic-POS
2. Fuel system
3. The electrical
4. Detail of gas stations (simplified, not full)
5. Autopilot AP-34
6. Radio navigation

I was not able to do everything perfectly, I'm not so special is the instrument, but the most important kind of managed to do. Probably will object to the works and a set of devices (especially in the MP1-2 - I am so frosted understood what it was in the Mi-8 and is there at all - samolktnym emulated in the style of the AN-12, ARC and radio like correspond to the reality).
Starting the engines as possible from the start panel, so the fuel panel, the lower buttons (start pump). I also simplified the petrol station - do not see the point of emulating hundreds of good switches in the sense of realization in sime - is anyway is simply props. Autopilot is working properly in case ustanovivschegosya flight mode - use a toggle switch on the top left - incl. Regime "Stab V» - very comfortable (thanks to S. Gritsevskomu).

Changes in the standard
SIDE TYPES
In the panel mode

Standard side species often have an informative sense, especially species of back-right, back left - so I change them in the traditional panel.cfg. In this case, change all kinds, except for "forward", but if you type "vperd-right, forward, left, right, left" changes are purely for easy review, the types of "back, back-right, back-left" in general in This case does not make sense-eye simply rests on the wall - so they are changed as shown in the pictures on the following page:

Virtual cockpit

Virtual cockpit, fully working sufficiently detailed, a lot of animation. Animated all standard parts and levers - the wheel, step-gas, park. brake pedal.
In addition, animated pilot's license, fans (raskruchivayutsya themselves depending on the speed of flight), the door to the cockpit (in clave. "O" (default) - Gates - they are in this model is not employed and have their own key by default). Window shutters open on the "issue of water booster - WATERRADDER deploy" (I have lots of default-key change, so I do not remember the deflation of destination - check in my settings, Sim), hatch in the cockpit opens to the press opening of cargo doors (on default, mud Sh Ctr E 2, a terrible combination, so I had long been replaced by a Tab / Tab 2).
VC is similar to the difference panels, Afghanistan differs from the usual, Cabinet-seat open on the standard button on / off the autopilot (conventional aircraft, I ordered it aircraft.cfg specifically for just that, in vert. Dynamics of it have no effect). Also available in the VC all visible animations - Opening doors, g / hatch, unloading cargo, opening the floor to cover the external hook spider. suspension in the form KolAvia. Different types of goods in different variants - containers, barrels, different variants of gear pilots.
So who are interested in - suggest a simple way to get around VC - I do not use it for any aktivkamer - simply because nobody is flying today on the clave (at least in this model is not intended) - so the "idle" the mass of simple and convenient buttons - so I switched premeschenie camera up and down on the keys 0 and 9, right-left-back and forth - at the cursor arrow keys, reset the camera to its original position - to Enter - very convenient and easy to move from the cockpit. Below is visual infa on all the above:

ANIMATION EXTERNAL VISUAL MODELS

External models as well as the cockpit and, quite clear animated, also used smile.gif animation - so read this section.
See the picture below:

1. Animated swash plate (author - Artem GILTY)
2. Door - default Ctrl Shift E 1
3. CTvorki gruzolyuka (key TailHook - hook, default can not remember check-in options)
4. Unloading-loading luggage - (working on the land only) - default not remember - the key to FoldingWings - folding wings
5. Window shutters of the crew - "release the water rudder - WATERRADDER deploy"
6. Headlights - vupusk-cleaning-Landing Light - default Ctrl L
7. Opening the hatch covers and sliders - the second exit, default Ctrl Shift E 2
8. Install wheel pads and plugs the nozzle - the key to Customise animation, working on key «N» and works only when pushed from 2D or 3D cockpit. Change it is not possible - if coincides with some of the frequently used commands - you can decide what to do.

External suspension - is connected to the
Key «Flight director» - smile.gif animation
but the change itself shortcuts
possible (Ctrl F),
team itself in helicopter dynamics
has no influence -
just when you turn
appear remarks - disappears
This is the suspension - do not turn on the small
height-height restrictions
not programmed!

DYNAMICS

The dynamics of the original, the basic characteristics - weight, the amount of fuel, number of sliders correspond to the reality. Why I refused a magnificent, classical dynamics for this model, it seems, Konstantin Antipin? Because that's a bit confused these lines:
[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type = 1
Engine.0 = 11.975, -0.984, 2.624
Engine.1 = 11.975, 0.984, 2.624
Engine.2 = 5.000, 0.000, 3.000 -
Ie, three engine. What type of engine - edinichka, ie, like a jet. Nothing wrong with that - the main thing flies well. But nevertheless wanted to do something based on type of engine 3 - «heloturbine".
I do not want to say that my best, I'm not a pilot and a bit in that sense - but just wanted to make my own. Who wants to change the dynamics on the other - I do not mind - as he continually received - the dynamics, as the East - is a tricky business ... But at the same time when replacing aircraft.cfg be careful - there are registered a lot of options for the correct operation of the animation and effects - they should be copied to new aircraft.cfg!!!
This same dynamic is made for a good joystick, preferably with the technology "Handltweest» (I've got a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) - or with individual pedals - at the present dynamics of this joystick, I calmly soot helicopter without the autopilot if the pedals to work properly (in this case the same "handltvistom").

EFFECTS

For this model I have developed five main effects:
1. Zero ZHzero - for what would be in touch with the concrete was not "airborne" effects of fire and smoke.
2. Coverage of the cargo compartment ZH_M8cabin - Emulation lamps ceiling r / cab.
3. Nursi effect ZHnurs - simply fired rockets from the cassette Nursi, by pressing the cells. I (smoke detector) followed by the effect of an explosion in a collision with the earth.
4. Shot gun PKT ZHpkt - in the form of tracer gun and release liners and links which are made by pressing the cells. I (smoke detector).
5. Emission of infrared traps ZHikpp - this effect was developed by me earlier for the model AN-12, here I am screwing it without changes, by pressing the cells. I (smoke detector).

From the foregoing it is easy to understand what effect the last 3 have a common drawback - they are connected to one key, a smoke system. Unfortunately, I do not think of anything better, so in this aircraft.cfg connected by default effect of machine guns and traps, the effect of missiles there, but it is off. If, for example, for flights on the Afghan version you want to include the effect of rockets - do sledueeschee:
Open any text editor aircraft.cfg, look for the line:
[SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.0 = 0.00, -15.30, 0.00, ZH_ikpp.fx / / / a click-five second!
/ / / Smoke.1 =- 0.00,7.00,10.00, ZH_nurs / / / 1 click-a missile!
/ / / Smoke.2 = 0.00,7.00, -10.00, ZH_nurs / / / 1 click-a missile!
smoke.3 = 0.00, 20.00, 0.0, ZH_PKT / / / a click-five second! Harvesting slashes in strings 1i2:

[SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.1 =- 0.00,7.00,10.00, ZH_nurs / / / 1 click-a missile!
smoke.2 = 0.00,7.00, -10.00, ZH_nurs / / / 1 click-a missile!
smoke.3 = 0.00, 20.00, 0.0, ZH_PKT / / / a click-five second!
- In this case, all the effects work.

If, for example, what would you want to work only the trap:

[SMOKESYSTEM]
/ / / Smoke.1 =- 0.00,7.00,10.00, ZH_nurs / / / 1 click-1 missile!
/ / / Smoke.2 = 0.00,7.00, -10.00, ZH_nurs / / / 1 click-a missile!
/ / / Smoke.3 = 0.00, 20.00, 0.0, ZH_PKT / / / a click-five second!
- And so on - that is, responsible for a set of effects on you, and using civilian models press "I" better not to use ... As they say, sorry for the inconvenience.
I foresee some of the claims of the effects, especially the effect of rockets - it's pretty crude so far, I will elaborate, it is always possible to publish the upgrade, do not want to because of that hobbled the whole package.

SOUNDS

Well, here I am a complete ignoramus, put what was at hand (but I like the sort) - so do not hold it against me, to change - second case, it would be for that ...
PAINT-KIT

Basically, it is all presented texture - with the layers, substrates etc. in format PSD. But that would not inflate the bag to the size ambitions Madame Tymoshenko, I put in a package only three of the most characteristic:
AEROFLOT - from it can easily be repainted in the northern Orange (sick of this word so far as any normal citizen of Ukraine), the more that this coloring has many other regional companies;
AFGHAN Camouflage - for quick repainting of military sides;
United Nations - he was originally universal, white, out of it you can draw anything you want.

FS9 and FSX
The model is designed only for FS-9! There are no revisions for FSX. Unfortunately, the author has a very bad experience on this sore subject - but, alas, the model only for the nines - all kinds of processing under the FSX will rastseney me as piracy.

INSTALLATION

Very simple - plain - just unzip all the folder Sim Aaircraft, folder Effekt perebroste Effects folder in the root of sim (folder Effect / Texture - respectively in the folder Effects / Texture root sima), folder GAU - in the root folder Gauges Sim - all fly health.

THANKS!

Artem Gilty aka ReDut - Animated rotor and swash plate
Michael Panyuta aka Mitch - visual infa on cockpit, consultation
Aka Scorpio999 - great ideas to Customise animation, animation allowed to create an external suspension
Aka Rotor83 - visual infa by PKT
Aka Dexter - INFA by PKT
Aka Gelmut - for the constructive criticism and not in the discussion model
Pavel Bolshakov - for moral support - due to the letter of Paul, I still decided on this publication
Stepan Gritsevsky - thanks again to the Master domestic virtual instrument!

================================================== =========

Successful flight
And soft landings!

================================================== =========
COPYRIGHT

COPYRIGHT:

AUTOR:
- Vladimir Zhigulskaya
- Vladimir Zhyhulskiy
Kiev, Ukraine, e-mail: zh-air@yandex.ru
July, 2010

Freeware, use of the given model and its parts
is forbidden for commercial use.
The large request - at accommodation of this model
or repaints on other sites to inform the authors.
Forbid accomodation in on CD without the sanction of author.

For FS-9 ONLY!!! Not upgrade for FSX!!!

The free publication of this package in a network ONLY on sites avsim.su, avsim.com, fligtsim.com is resolved. On all others - only from the sanction of the author.

The SPECIAL WARNING to misters from site FSPLANET.COM - any publication of this package, his parts or changes on the basis of this package - is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN ON YOUR SITE!

The package contains some parts of other authors - the main rotor from Artem GILTIY and gauge AP-34 from Stepan GRITSEVSKIY - all rights on these parts of a package belong to the specified misters.

Flyboy208
July 23rd, 2010, 17:41
I have to say Fellas, I am extremely impressed. This new version is truly outstanding in every aspect!

Mike :ernae:

Flyboy208
July 23rd, 2010, 17:42
4 more screenies ...:salute:

Z-claudius24
July 23rd, 2010, 20:38
Hi,

Exellent indeed ...
Little movie:
http://www.4shared.com/video/jzL1fWs8/Russ-chopper.html

OleBoy
July 23rd, 2010, 21:47
Thanks to Claudius, I can go fumble with some switches and see if I can fly this thing!!! :salute:

SteveB
July 24th, 2010, 01:40
I'm assuming the previous versions' paints will work too.
Anything by Vlad is always a pleasure...

He mapped the textures on this one differently too the rest of them, so old textures wont fit.
Very nice job on the models.

Steve

Ferry_vO
July 24th, 2010, 03:37
Great, thanks for the H/U! :applause:

Now, if only we can convince Vlad to do an Mi-6 Hook and an Mi-26 Halo.... :wiggle:

OleBoy
July 24th, 2010, 06:23
Unable to modify my above post.
...This is not as hard as I was suspecting it was going to be to fly. Nicely done and a joy to fly.

OBIO
July 24th, 2010, 07:21
I downloaded, installed, fired up the sim. And within 5 minutes had crashed this helo 3 times...the last one being a spectacular demonstration of my plane destroying abilities...end over end, while spiraling like a football. Were those UN weapons inspectors screaming their heads OFF!

Love this bird!

OBIO

Daube
July 24th, 2010, 10:40
It's once again a beautifull Russian machine if the FS skies.
Big thanks to Vladimir, this is another freeware beauty :jump:

(and compatible with FSX too)

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1134.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1135.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1136.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1137.jpg

deathfromafar
July 24th, 2010, 13:07
I tested it in FSX Accel but the windscreen is opaque and the rotor blur is horrible. The instruments work fine and the frame rates are excellent though.

aardvark62
July 24th, 2010, 16:47
Very Nice !! but...has anyone figured out how to get the lift-load to show ?

A.

Z-claudius24
July 24th, 2010, 18:15
Hi,

1. Animated swash plate (author - Artem GILTY)
2. Door - default Ctrl Shift E 1
3. CTvorki gruzolyuka (key TailHook - hook, default can not remember check-in options)
4. Unloading-loading luggage - (working on the land only) - default not remember - the key to FoldingWings - folding wings
5. Window shutters of the crew - "release the water rudder - WATERRADDER deploy"
6. Headlights - vupusk-cleaning-Landing Light - default Ctrl L
7. Opening the hatch covers and sliders - the second exit, default Ctrl Shift E 2
8. Install wheel pads and plugs the nozzle - the key to Customise animation, working on key «N» and works only when pushed from 2D or 3D cockpit. Change it is not possible - if coincides with some of the frequently used commands - you can decide what to do.

External suspension - is connected to the
Key «Flight director» - smile.gif animation
but the change itself shortcuts
possible (Ctrl F),
team itself in helicopter dynamics
has no influence -
just when you turn
appear remarks - disappears
This is the suspension - do not turn on the small
height-height restrictions
not programmed!

Fleet Canuck
July 24th, 2010, 19:48
With over 17,000 built, this is the world's biggest selling helicopter, and no doubt the biggest bargain considering its large payload. I was in one in a museum here in Japan, and the cabin is at least as wide as a regional airliner.

This is a great addition to my fleet. I wish it had a 20 seat airliner interior like the one I saw in the museum, but it's still a definite freeware gem.

Wing_Z
July 24th, 2010, 23:58
Just a little fun with Flight1's AI helo package:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/Mi8.jpg

Great rotor animation and sag...It flies like the slug it is (and resembles) and is very easy on resources, even in large numbers.
Compliments to Mr. Zhyhulskiy, he does it again!
(An Mi-6 Hook would be quite something, from this stable...)

aardvark62
July 25th, 2010, 01:25
Thanks Claudius - forgive my brain rot, but I still can't seem to find which command will allow this to show:

13536(from the manual)

Anyone ?

Cheers, A.

Roger
July 25th, 2010, 04:13
It actually flies pretty well in FsX after applying alphas to some of the textures. I've attached 4 replacement textures (add them and overwrite to each texture folder having saved the originals)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/Mi8-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/Mi8-2.jpg

Aztec
July 25th, 2010, 05:28
Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere, but does anyone know what gauge is missing from the top RH corner of the main panel? One is shown in the manual, but it is missing and "dis" appears in its place.

Cheers

Az

Flyboy208
July 25th, 2010, 06:07
Thanks Claudius - forgive my brain rot, but I still can't seem to find which command will allow this to show:

13536(from the manual)

Anyone ?

Cheers, A.

Use the Control+F key combination, the ones used to activate the flight director, or you can make your own key assignment.

aardvark62
July 25th, 2010, 06:27
Cheers FB - trouble is, whatever key combination I set that command to, it's still a no-show !?

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong ?

A.

Wing_Z
July 25th, 2010, 13:02
It's mapped to Flight Director On/Off which in default is CTRL+F, make sure what yours is mapped to in the Controls dialogue.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/Mi82.jpg

- which BTW I didn't know as I didn't read the manual, thanks for mentioning this!

aardvark62
July 25th, 2010, 13:37
Thanks Wing_Z - but as above, whatever keys I set to this command, I still get nothing showing. It's not a control (Flight Director?) I've ever called on before, but it doesn't seem to do anything in my sim on any aircraft. Any ideas?

A.

Edit: Sorry Guys - my bad. I just realised I had been trying a different helo's config, and I guess it was something in the original cfg file that I hadn't copied over. Got my external loads now!
Must admit tho' - still don't know what the Flight Director control would bring up or do in any other aircraft. Can someone enlighten me ?

Cheers A.

Hughes-MDflyer4
July 25th, 2010, 19:03
This model is nice, but this thing can't fly! It's very unresponsive. But the fact that it "breaths" fire is cool! :p:

Wing_Z
July 25th, 2010, 20:03
Ehh see screenshots above, and video clip supplied...it's a helicopter did you notice ;)

Aardvark look here:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/tech_ops/read.main/134769/

aardvark62
July 26th, 2010, 11:10
Thanks Wing_Z - I am now enlightened. I think. As I tend to fly (if that's the right word!) by sense of smell it's not something I'm gonna get too involved with, methinks.

Cheer, A.

And I have a very poor sense of smell...

Wing_Z
July 26th, 2010, 21:13
[SMOKESYSTEM]
//smoke.0=0.00, -15.30, 0.00, ZH_ikpp.fx /// 1 click-5 second!
smoke.1=-0.00,7.00,10.00, ZH_nurs /// 1 click-1 missile!
smoke.2=0.00,7.00,-10.00, ZH_nurs /// 1 click-1 missile!
//smoke.3=0.00, 20.00, 0.0, ZH_PKT /// 1 click-5 second!

dAZrvbDAFIM

Flyboy208
July 27th, 2010, 16:41
[QUOTE=Wing_Z;452433][SMOKESYSTEM]
//smoke.0=0.00, -15.30, 0.00, ZH_ikpp.fx /// 1 click-5 second!
smoke.1=-0.00,7.00,10.00, ZH_nurs /// 1 click-1 missile!
smoke.2=0.00,7.00,-10.00, ZH_nurs /// 1 click-1 missile!
//smoke.3=0.00, 20.00, 0.0, ZH_PKT /// 1 click-5 second!

dAZrvbDAFIM[/QUOTSweet vid & flying Wing! will have to give those settings a try myself.

Cheers! Mike :salute:

ZsoltB
July 28th, 2010, 00:39

ZsoltB
July 28th, 2010, 02:57

ZsoltB
July 28th, 2010, 03:01
Which button to activate the wheel chocks and the engine covers?

Flyboy208
July 28th, 2010, 11:47

Sorry Zsolt, Can't help you with the chocks & covers, but your repaint looks great!

Perhaps you might be doing a Hungarian livery?

Mike :salute:

ZsoltB
July 28th, 2010, 11:57
Hi,

Ok!

The day after tomorrow, because tomorrow I'm on duty! :salute:

Regards,

Zsolt

Wing_Z
July 28th, 2010, 12:17

Zsolt I think pressing "N" - but only while in cockpit view...

srgalahad
July 28th, 2010, 13:15
Thanks Wing_Z - but as above, whatever keys I set to this command, I still get nothing showing. It's not a control (Flight Director?) I've ever called on before, but it doesn't seem to do anything in my sim on any aircraft. Any ideas?

A.
Must admit tho' - still don't know what the Flight Director control would bring up or do in any other aircraft. Can someone enlighten me ?

Cheers A.
The Flight Director is part of the ADI display ( analog or digital) - basically the two -vertical and horizontal) bars or V-pointer that provide Fly-TO indications. If an aircraft doesn't have a FD installed the command does nothing.. if it does, then the command turns on and brings up (or turns off) the FD part of the display.

1382813829 Default B737 shown. The control assignment is in :
and is set by default in the FS installation so it should be there unless you have modified your commands list

SteveB
July 29th, 2010, 02:38
Does anyone know where i might find the texture map that covers the hoist had a quick look and nothing jumps out at me to identify it ?

aardvark62
July 29th, 2010, 12:01
The Flight Director is part of the ADI display ( analog or digital) - basically the two -vertical and horizontal) bars or V-pointer that provide Fly-TO indications. If an aircraft doesn't have a FD installed the command does nothing.. if it does, then the command turns on and brings up (or turns off) the FD part of the display.

Thanks sirG - I don't think this will affect my "fly-by-string" approach to flying !

A.

Tom Clayton
July 29th, 2010, 19:04
The way I describe the Flight Director is "an indicator that works with the Autopilot system to tell you where to go instead of the Autopilot doing it for you."

This thing looks nice - too bad I have absolutely no skill or talent for keeping those flying eggbeaters in the air!

ZsoltB
July 30th, 2010, 03:47

SteveB
July 30th, 2010, 07:19
I found the hoist texture.

ZsoltB
July 30th, 2010, 08:15

ZsoltB
July 30th, 2010, 09:47

Flyboy208
July 30th, 2010, 11:56
Zsolt and Steve - mighty fine looking repaints here !

ZsoltB
July 30th, 2010, 12:09
Thank you My Friend!

Regards,

Zsolt :wavey:

Lenny
July 30th, 2010, 12:36
Zsolt, If have you have an spare time left, could you paint one in the colours of the Czech Air Force? (I know, they are Mi-17 variants)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Czech-Republic--/Mil-Mi-17/1128873/L/&sid=002f14f117271a2c8b33160026a0c76c

Thanks.

Grtz,

Lenny

SeanTK
July 30th, 2010, 14:17
Good day,

Is it just me, or is this model missing navigation lights?
There should be a red and green light on either side near the cockpit (the bulbs are modeled), and one white light on the end of the tail, about a quarter of the way up (no bulb modeled there).
The only thing I am getting is a red anti-collision beacon, and a single (should be double) landing light.
Also, if I simply activate the lights using the "L" key, I get a strange white graphic artifact near the engine intakes, and appearing over the top windows of the VC.

Anybody else run across these issues?

SADT
July 31st, 2010, 03:11
This is probably the wrong place, but is there a Mil Mi-26 in the works? That beastie would be great to have for FS9 & FSX.:jump:

SteveB
July 31st, 2010, 03:11
The lights do need looking at, I guess the nav lights have been left off due too them being hidden behind the armour plates on the Afgahnistan model, but the landing lights are also in need of a fix, maybe with shockwave lights. Anyhow i'm back off into me paint shack, still got the belly and fuel tank details to finnish on my masters.

SteveB
July 31st, 2010, 06:09
I will get around to finnishing off the belly detail, but got distracted by a SAR scheme.

Wild Bill Kelso
July 31st, 2010, 08:36
The SAR scheme looks great, Steve! :applause:

I like the combination of the former NVA (East German Army) camo and the Bundeswehr markings, applied in 1990. You might tweak the "SAR" lettering some more, as it obviously was sprayed on by stencil some kind of hasty, as shown here:

http://www.luftfahrtnetz.de/index.php/luftrettung/sar89/geschichte.html (http://www.luftfahrtnetz.de/index.php/luftrettung/sar89/geschichte.html)

Some more pics:
http://www.bredow-web.de/Luftwaffenmuseum/Hubschrauber/Mil_Mi-8T/mil_mi-8t.html

Looking foreward to it!

Cheers,
Markus.

ZsoltB
July 31st, 2010, 08:57
The lights do need looking at, I guess the nav lights have been left off due too them being hidden behind the armour plates on the Afgahnistan model, but the landing lights are also in need of a fix, maybe with shockwave lights. Anyhow i'm back off into me paint shack, still got the belly and fuel tank details to finnish on my masters.

Available on the paints???

Flyboy208
July 31st, 2010, 17:17
Still having so much flying this Helo ...

Wing_Z
July 31st, 2010, 19:54
I actually came back to look at that first one again, very nice.
Be good to get the lights sorted on this one...

paul day
July 31st, 2010, 23:27
Just a heads up. It seems the package has just been updated over at Avsim.su. From what i can see there is one more model and one more repaint but the lights have not been updated.

Regards Paul Day.

Rich
August 1st, 2010, 00:01
paul day I was born in Boverton lived in Llantwit till going in the army in 1960 now retired living in the Philippines, the surname Day rings a bell my Surname Ruscoe

Sorry to go off topic

stuartcox
August 1st, 2010, 01:04
Good day,

Is it just me, or is this model missing navigation lights?
There should be a red and green light on either side near the cockpit (the bulbs are modeled), and one white light on the end of the tail, about a quarter of the way up (no bulb modeled there).
The only thing I am getting is a red anti-collision beacon, and a single (should be double) landing light.
Also, if I simply activate the lights using the "L" key, I get a strange white graphic artifact near the engine intakes, and appearing over the top windows of the VC.

Anybody else run across these issues?

This does it for me:

[lights]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 1, -21.20, 0.00, 5.30, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red
light.1 = 4, 5.00, 0.00, 1.30, fx_vclight ; Pilots
light.2 = 4, 4.00, -1.00, 1.7, fx_vclight ; Pilots
light.3 = 4, 4.00, 1.00, 1.7, fx_vclight ; Pilots
light.4= 10, -10.00, 0.00, 2.50, ZH_M8cabin
light.5 = 3, 15.60, -3.40, -2.00, fx_shockwave_navred ,
light.6 = 3, 15.60, 3.40, -2.00, fx_shockwave_navgre ,
light.7 = 5, 16.40, -0.70, -4.20, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small ,
light.8 = 5, 16.40, 0.70, -4.20, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
light.9 = 1, 13.10, -2.50, -3.60, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red

Thanks to "Menemeth" @ flightsim.com for the main coordinates.
I have altered the effects to my personal liking, and added an additional beacon to the front of the Helo, as to be seen in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0krE4yrP24A

Wing_Z
August 1st, 2010, 02:26
Works a treat...thank you!

Daube
August 1st, 2010, 03:27
I have the impression that the virtual cockpit position does not correspond exactely to the position of the cockpit in the external model.
When I sit on a parking, I can see the difference: the virtual cockpit sits backward compared to the cockpit of the 3D model. Anybody else noticed that ?

SteveB
August 1st, 2010, 03:44
Thanks for the lighting Stuart. :salute:

SteveB
August 1st, 2010, 10:53
It's all gone a bit Aeroflot this weekend.

Wing_Z
August 1st, 2010, 12:53
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/Mi8T.jpg

RL_201
August 1st, 2010, 13:23
Just a heads up, but there is a new version uploaded today for the Mil Mi-8 "Hip" posted at Avsim.com. It's version 4.1 and comes with 7 models & 8 paints. Filename is mi8zh_v41_2010.zip.

Flyboy208
August 1st, 2010, 15:53
Thanks for pointing out the new version.

stuartcox
August 2nd, 2010, 06:03
Just a heads up, but there is a new version uploaded today for the Mil Mi-8 "Hip" posted at Avsim.com. It's version 4.1 and comes with 7 models & 8 paints. Filename is mi8zh_v41_2010.zip.

Apart from an extra 15MB on the download, I don't notice any difference to 4.0!
Maybe the paintkit.

SteveB
August 3rd, 2010, 05:54
From what I read the new version has had some vc updates and there is a new model with long range tanks fitted.

ZsoltB
August 3rd, 2010, 09:51
From what I read the new version has had some vc updates and there is a new model with long range tanks fitted.

Well, these are good paints
But when you share it????

SteveB
August 3rd, 2010, 11:35
Well, these are good paints
But when you share it????

When theyre done ;)

Wing_Z
August 3rd, 2010, 14:11
Zsolt did you upload the Hungarian AF paint somewhere? I don't seem to find it...

ZsoltB
August 3rd, 2010, 20:15
Hello,

Yes, it immediately pops up in the flightsim website!
Regards,

Zsolt

ZsoltB
August 3rd, 2010, 22:54

CG_1976
August 3rd, 2010, 23:00
When theyre done ;)

Castro is waiting:jump:

Wild Bill Kelso
August 4th, 2010, 06:33
When theyre done ;)

So you come to a point where you do consider them as "done"?
Congratulations! :applause:

Mine are just abandoned at a certain stage and then they get released... :d

Cheers,
Markus.

SteveB
August 4th, 2010, 06:49
So you come to a point where you do consider them as "done"?
Congratulations! :applause:

Mine are just abandoned at a certain stage and then they get released... :d

Cheers,
Markus.

I know what you mean Markus, iust working on some exhaust stains and a last few panel lines, I got distracted by some paint schemes lol.

Steve

Flyboy208
August 4th, 2010, 19:39
Zsolt, stunning repaints for the Hungarian AF and Polish Navy! Thanks very much! Mike :ernae::hungary::poland:

Flyboy208
August 4th, 2010, 19:40
4 more pics ...:salute:

Wing_Z
August 4th, 2010, 20:05
...Yes, it immediately pops up in the flightsim website!

It sure did...:salute:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/SOH/Mi8HAF.jpg

Flyboy208
August 4th, 2010, 20:10
Beautiful views Charl! Mike :wavey:

Flyboy208
August 5th, 2010, 17:57
Would love to see the classy Finnish Frontier Guard livery done ...

Wing_Z
August 5th, 2010, 20:12
Beautiful views Charl! Mike :wavey:

Thanks, Mike. I hope Zsolt doesn't mind too much, I have a fleet of HAF 2639,40,41,42...they are helping to fill out the airspace around Ferihegy and surrounds. ;)

And I agree that Finnish paint would be a beauty, if you could shake off that snowload betimes.

SteveB
August 20th, 2010, 05:41
First three paints uploaded here too the SOH. Aeroflot 1980's scheme, DDR/LsK 904, and Luftwaffe SAR scheme. more will follow later today.

Steve

ZsoltB
August 20th, 2010, 05:49
Great!

Thank you!

Zsolt

Wild Bill Kelso
August 20th, 2010, 07:08
Thanks Steve!
Waiting for my first rescue mission with this whirlybird.

Any plans on doing the paint of "Berliner Spezialflug", my hometown's heli-logging company?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Berliner-Spezial-Flug/Mil-Mi-8T/0490130/L/

If not, I'd be tempted...

Cheers,
Markus.

SteveB
August 20th, 2010, 07:51
Thanks Steve!
Waiting for my first rescue mission with this whirlybird.

Any plans on doing the paint of "Berliner Spezialflug", my hometown's heli-logging company?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Berliner-Spezial-Flug/Mil-Mi-8T/0490130/L/

If not, I'd be tempted...

Cheers,
Markus.

Go for it Markus, I'll send you my latest masters if you want a copy. I have just uploaded a fix for the Aeroflot scheme and two new paints, Cuban and Egyptian.

Steve

Wild Bill Kelso
August 20th, 2010, 08:22
Huh, that would be great!
Thanks a lot, mate! :wavey:
PM on its way.

stuartcox
August 20th, 2010, 08:49
First three paints uploaded here too the SOH. Aeroflot 1980's scheme, DDR/LsK 904, and Luftwaffe SAR scheme. more will follow later today.

Steve
Where in SOH can I find them? I've looked all over the download section, but obviously not in the right place...

SteveB
August 20th, 2010, 09:03
Where in SOH can I find them? I've looked all over the download section, but obviously not in the right place...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=find&catid=-8

Try here mate, if you cant get them yet prob waitin for admin too flick a switch or something

Steve

stuartcox
August 20th, 2010, 09:12
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=find&catid=-8

Try here mate, if you cant get them yet prob waitin for admin too flick a switch or something

Steve
Cheers Steve!
I shall sit here impatiently, twiddling my thumbs, and wait for them to finish their tea break...:jump:

ZsoltB
August 20th, 2010, 10:32

Steve

Hello,

I do not see the paints

Zsolt

SteveB
August 20th, 2010, 10:47
I'm uploading some more in the next five mins or so. The Grey Mexican a soviet era cammo and another one.

SteveB
August 20th, 2010, 13:20
I have a fictional civil paint scheme almost done.

Flyboy208
August 20th, 2010, 16:17
Looking forward to those skins Steve! Thanks! Mike :salute:

Aztec
August 20th, 2010, 20:42
Just thought I'd revive this in case anyone had an update.

Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere, but does anyone know what gauge is missing from the top RH corner of the main panel? One is shown in the manual, but it is missing and "dis" appears in its place.

Cheers

Az

Wing_Z
August 20th, 2010, 21:05
I'm looking at post #21, and no issue there...

Flyboy208
August 20th, 2010, 21:21
Brilliant repaints Steve, all loaded and installed now - thanks so much Mate! Mike :salute:

rohan
August 20th, 2010, 22:07
I'm looking at post #21, and no issue there...

... while post #16 does show the problem, so ???

Ro

SteveB
August 21st, 2010, 07:05
Moldavian, Russian and US fictional just uploaded.

AndyG43
August 21st, 2010, 08:37
Steve, you have excelled yourself again - we don't deserve you!!

SteveB
August 21st, 2010, 11:31
Glad you like them. I have just uploaded another couple, Cambodian and Polish.

stuartcox
August 21st, 2010, 12:31
Great work Steve!
...But can you tell us: Are you obsessed by this helicopter? Has it taken over your life?
I just can't believe that somebody can throw out so many great repaints in such a short time!:jump:

SteveB
August 21st, 2010, 13:20
Life who said I had a life lol

SteveB
August 21st, 2010, 14:35
Working on a British Scheme tonight. Early wip

Flyboy208
August 21st, 2010, 15:23
Working on a British Scheme tonight. Early wip

Oooh, I like this one alot! Cheers! Mike :wiggle:

Flyboy208
August 21st, 2010, 21:01
Steve, thanks for hard work once again ... some shots of the DDR and Polish helos to share.

Cheers! Mike :salute:

Flyboy208
August 21st, 2010, 21:02
Polish AF piccies ...

Aztec
August 21st, 2010, 23:25
Success!! For those of you who have experienced the missing gauge on the top RH corner of the main panel, I have found the culprit.

There are a number of entries in the panel.cfg that refer to the gauge DISS_15_V1_0, eg. "gauge24=DISS_15_V1_0!DISS_MC, 566,444,78,91" - just change the last number to read 1, ie DISS_15_V1_1 and the gauge should appear.

Cheers

Az

Wild Bill Kelso
August 22nd, 2010, 00:12
Thanks for the fix, Az!
Up to now, I wondered if I did something wrong during install...

Does anyone know what this peculiar box on the lower side of the tailboom is for?
Haven't seen it on civil Mi-8s. Chaffs or flares?

Aztec
August 22nd, 2010, 01:10
No worries Markus, glad to be of assistance!

Does anyone know what this peculiar box on the lower side of the tailboom is for?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the box on the underside of the boom is a doppler aerial fairing for navigation, found on military variants.

Az

AndyG43
August 22nd, 2010, 01:16
T

I seem to recall that it is some sort of radar/ECM system, but could well be wrong. Chaff/flare dispensers tend to be 'scabbed' onto the side of the fuselage (you can see it in the photo at the top of this page (http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/mi-17.php), as the Mil 17 installation is pretty similar). Could well be wrong though, as there are so many variations on these beasts.

Looking forward to the Qinetiq scheme Steve, I had completely forgotten they ha two of these in their fleet. :salute:

Wild Bill Kelso
August 22nd, 2010, 02:01
Thanks for this enlightenment, gents!

I just came back from a quick rescue mission over the Baltic Sea with Steve's phantastic german SAR scheme - thank you so much for this one (and the templates too)! :salute:

Any suggestions on the sounds?
Compared to the well done model and Steve's breathtaking skins, this Hip doesn't sound too hip at all...
Recommendations?

Cheers,
Markus.

AndyG43
August 22nd, 2010, 03:41

I just came back from a quick rescue mission over the Baltic Sea with Steve's phantastic german SAR scheme - thank you so much for this one (and the templates too)! :salute:

Compared to the well done model and Steve's breathtaking skins, this Hip doesn't sound too hip at all...
Recommendations?

Cheers,
Markus.

I seem to recall a decent soundpack being available at Hovercontrol for Piglet's Hind, would that be applicable?

kilo delta
August 22nd, 2010, 05:00
Thanks for all the repaints. Any interest in doing a US Special forces paint too? http://airforce.americanspecialops.com/6th-sos/ :)

SteveB
August 22nd, 2010, 05:43
If you can get me some piccies showing the tailboom to see what numbers or insignia if any are present, I already have the TMSO red star insignia. In the meantime I have almost done on the Qinetiq scheme.

kilo delta
August 22nd, 2010, 06:08
If you can get me some piccies showing the tailboom to see what numbers or insignia if any are present, I already have the TMSO red star insignia. In the meantime I have almost done on the Qinetiq scheme.

No markings on the tailboom afaik... http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?176138-CIA-or-Special-Operations-Aircraft

:)

SteveB
August 22nd, 2010, 07:15
No markings on the tailboom afaik... http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?176138-CIA-or-Special-Operations-Aircraft

:)

I'll work on the cammo this evening.

Wild Bill Kelso
August 22nd, 2010, 07:29
I seem to recall a decent soundpack being available at Hovercontrol for Piglet's Hind, would that be applicable?
Thanks for the HU, mate!
Got it - works quite fine for me (after some adjustments in the aircraft.cfg concerning the engine type, as stated in the included readme).

Thanks to Steve's templates, I could do some support for my home country's aviation:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/BSF1.jpg

Still some glitches to be ironed out...

kilo delta
August 22nd, 2010, 07:31
I'll work on the cammo this evening.

Excellent...just what I need for my virtual SF Hangar! :)

SteveB
August 22nd, 2010, 08:17
I have just uploaded the QinetiQ scheme, I also have a Polish medivac scheme almost done.

SteveB
August 22nd, 2010, 13:36
Thanks for the HU, mate!
Got it - works quite fine for me (after some adjustments in the aircraft.cfg concerning the engine type, as stated in the included readme).

Thanks to Steve's templates, I could do some support for my home country's aviation:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/BSF1.jpg

Still some glitches to be ironed out...

looking good there Marcus.

Steve

stuartcox
August 22nd, 2010, 14:05
Talking of "behaviour" of this beast, I've been trying out several configurations...
I just can't get it right! She behaves like no other fs9 helicopter, loves to fly backwards with forward stick, right rudder just to take off straight, and landing could be rated as a suicide attempt!
Has anybody worked out a proper config file yet? I would love to hear from you...
Such a nice Helo with such a bad temper! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

Flyboy208
August 22nd, 2010, 16:38
Steve, also enjoying the Bundesluftwaffe SAR livery as well as the QinetiQ repaint. Cheers! Mike :salute:

Flyboy208
August 22nd, 2010, 16:42
Talking of "behaviour" of this beast, I've been trying out several configurations...
I just can't get it right! She behaves like no other fs9 helicopter, loves to fly backwards with forward stick, right rudder just to take off straight, and landing could be rated as a suicide attempt!
Has anybody worked out a proper config file yet? I would love to hear from you...
Such a nice Helo with such a bad temper! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

Stuart, I agree this Helo could use some tweaking. I think the ground handling is fine, during the taxiing. Hovering is pretty good too. The problem for me is that after translational lift and forward flight is achieved she becomes sluggish and loses altitude very easily.

Hope an airfile Guru has a fix for this machine, otherwise a very well modeled Rotorcraft for FS9 on Vladimir's behalf ...

stuartcox
August 23rd, 2010, 03:05

Recommendations?

Cheers,
Markus.
After watching several Mil Mi-8 videos I made a nice sound just by exchanging certain elements and replacing them with existing freeware files so I don't break any copyright laws. I would love to share it, as it sounds great, but my email is limited to 10MB for attachments. Any suggestions?

SteveB
August 23rd, 2010, 03:22
After watching several Mil Mi-8 videos I made a nice sound just by exchanging certain elements and replacing them with existing freeware files so I don't break any copyright laws. I would love to share it, as it sounds great, but my email is limited to 10MB for attachments. Any suggestions?

You could upload it to the SOH or you could use a free distribution server like yousendit.com it limits you too 100mb and from 1 to 50 recipients at a time.

Steve

stuartcox
August 23rd, 2010, 04:31
Thanks Steve, got it on SOH now. I hope it works, as it is my first!:jump:

SteveB
August 23rd, 2010, 04:34
Good to hear, I'll grab a copy as soon as admin has done its things.

Thanks for sharing.
Steve

SteveB
August 23rd, 2010, 05:38
I finished off this one will upload later today.

Wild Bill Kelso
August 23rd, 2010, 07:28
Wow, Stuart:
These sounds are amazing!
Thanks for compiling and sharing them. :salute:

During my research, I've found these nice pics of "my" eggbeater HOXQ doing some interesting helilogging stuff in my hometown:

http://www.berlin-spotter.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=70759#70759

Note the blue external tanks, making the repaint quite easier...

Cheers,
Markus.

stuartcox
August 23rd, 2010, 09:12
Wow, Stuart:
These sounds are amazing!
Thanks for compiling and sharing them. :salute:

During my research, I've found these nice pics of "my" eggbeater HOXQ doing some interesting helilogging stuff in my hometown:

http://www.berlin-spotter.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=70759#70759

Note the blue external tanks, making the repaint quite easier...

Cheers,
Markus.
Great pictures Markus! Especially with the Gedaechniskirche in the background!
I never managed to get to Berlin, even after living in Germany for 22 years! (Well,Bavaria)!
On your link it says that the longer the winch cable, the stabler the helicopter...
I can't believe that, on SAR exercises we tend to lower the helicopter whilst winching, just to keep the load stationary. A big cable like that would get you right out of balance!

ian elliot
August 23rd, 2010, 10:15
Thanks to Steve for al the great repaints, and im really looking forward to Markus repaint also,
i really love the pics posted by Markus, i spent a really great 3 days in Berlin a few years back in a hotel just round the corner from Gedaechniskiche, apparently blue glass windows inside are really stunning, hopeing to get back there next year to catch up on the bits i missed.
thanks to all, cheers ian

paul day
August 23rd, 2010, 12:26
For some reason i downloaded Stuart's sound package but i can,t hear anything. The original sounds work ok so has anyone any ideas?

Regards Paul Day.

stuartcox
August 23rd, 2010, 13:51
For some reason i downloaded Stuart's sound package but i can,t hear anything. The original sounds work ok so has anyone any ideas?

Regards Paul Day.

Turn your Stereo System up! I downloaded it for myself and everything seemed to be fine,I don't know what's happening there!
In your aircraft.cfg the engine type has to be '=1', that might work...

SteveB
August 23rd, 2010, 15:31
That fixed the prob for me, the origional engine data was set at type 3, and no external sound, changed it to type one and sounds good. Thanks Stuart.

Steve

Flyboy208
August 23rd, 2010, 16:34
Stuart, thanks for the new sound suite, works just fine for me.

Steve, loving this Aeroflot Arctic livery.

Cheers to you both! Mike :ernae:

stuartcox
August 23rd, 2010, 17:04
Now I'm getting carried away by this Helo!
Just did some slight heatshimmer and smoke effects...
This is like an Airfix kit, you just want to get everything perfect! :salute:
I hope you have the FX!

[lights]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 1, -21.20, 0.00, 5.30, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red
light.1 = 4, 5.00, 0.00, 1.30, fx_vclight ; Pilots
light.2 = 4, 4.00, -1.00, 1.7, fx_vclight ; Pilots
light.3 = 4, 4.00, 1.00, 1.7, fx_vclight ; Pilots
light.4= 10, -10.00, 0.00, 2.50, ZH_M8cabin
light.5 = 3, 15.60, -3.40, -2.00, fx_shockwave_navred ,
light.6 = 3, 15.60, 3.40, -2.00, fx_shockwave_navgre ,
light.7 = 5, 16.40, -0.70, -4.20, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small ,
light.8 = 5, 16.40, 0.70, -4.20, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
light.9 = 1, 13.10, -2.50, -3.60, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red
light.10 = 6, -5, -2.8, 1, fx_Heatshimmer5
light.11 = 6, -5, 2.8, 1, fx_Heatshimmer5
light.12 = 6 -5, 2.8, 1, fx_WOP_propsmoke.fx
light.13 = 6, -5, -2.8, 1, fx_WOP_propsmoke.fx

Wing_Z
August 23rd, 2010, 17:34
Many thanks, SC - looks great and sounds good, too!
(Think you need to lose the .fx bit for 12 and 13 though)

Flyboy208
August 23rd, 2010, 17:42
Just found a nice Ukranian Frontier Service repaint at www.avsim.su

Cheers! Mike :wavey:

SteveB
August 23rd, 2010, 17:58
Nice scheme that Mike thanks for the HU. You know that old saying about sore teeth and poking at em ? well my Aeroflot schemes a bit like that, I just couldnt leave it alone. I also have almost finnished the USAF 606 SOS scheme.

Wild Bill Kelso
August 24th, 2010, 07:00
@ Stuart & Ian:
Thanks for your kind words about my hometown!
This city is ugly and dirty and filled with bad-tempered and grumpy residents - but I can't imagine living anywhere else.
Well, at least until I'll get retired and move to New Zealand... :d

Cheers,
Markus.

kilo delta
August 24th, 2010, 07:10
Nice scheme that Mike thanks for the HU. You know that old saying about sore teeth and poking at em ? well my Aeroflot schemes a bit like that, I just couldnt leave it alone. I also have almost finnished the USAF 606 SOS scheme.

Great work! Looking forward to them :)

SteveB
August 24th, 2010, 07:16
I have a few more schemes underway at the mo that are at a stage where I can show them.

SteveB
August 24th, 2010, 08:20
I have got a CIA scheme from Afgahnistan.

Wild Bill Kelso
August 24th, 2010, 08:31
... and I just found out that the "NORD" model is pretty much close to the real civvie version. Note the missing engine's air intake covers:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/BSF2.jpg

Still fiddlin' on some details...

stuartcox
August 24th, 2010, 10:09
@ Stuart & Ian:
Thanks for your kind words about my hometown!
This city is ugly and dirty and filled with bad-tempered and grumpy residents - but I can't imagine living anywhere else.
Markus.

One of my best friends is "eine echte Berlinerin", wa!
Dispite living in Bavaria, she never lost that Berliner dialect, and is anything but bad-tempered and grumpy. She and her family were some of the lucky ones that were bought "free" from the East for hard currency by Franz Josef Strauss.

ian elliot
August 24th, 2010, 10:26
Hi Markus, just out of intrest, what airfield is that mil flying from.
cheers ian

Wing_Z
August 24th, 2010, 11:14
...Still fiddlin' on some details...
Whew! thank goodness I thought I'd missed this one somehow.
Let's face it, this is not the world's prettiest chopper, but that livery looks great

I have got a CIA scheme from Afgahnistan.
There's more than a little irony in that one, don't you think ;)

Wild Bill Kelso
August 25th, 2010, 09:08
...Dispite living in Bavaria, she never lost that Berliner dialect, and is anything but bad-tempered and grumpy.
I guess that's because she's living in Bavaria... :d

@ Ian:
Do you mean the real Mi-8 of Berliner Spezialflug? (http://www.berliner-spezialflug.de/index.htm)
As far as I know, D-HOXQ operated from Berlin-Schoenefeld (EDDB) and Schoenhagen (EDAZ) and was sold back to Russia in 2007.

My last screenie was taken within the heart of West-Berlin (VFR Berlin addon scenery by Aerosoft) to be compared with the real shots from the link posted above.

Cheers,
Markus.

SteveB
August 26th, 2010, 03:01
I should have a few more schemes ready for upload in the next couple of days. Got a high vis Indian scheme and am intending to do an Indian cammo scheme.

SteveB
August 26th, 2010, 12:16
Thought I would do a South African scheme.

SteveB
August 26th, 2010, 15:17
A Cubana scheme.

SteveB
August 26th, 2010, 17:21
I have at long last given up on my Aeroflot scheme.

Flyboy208
August 26th, 2010, 17:49
Besides your superb Aeroflot paint, I am liking the 3 new ones you are posting, the Indian red, South African and Cubana - way to go Steve! Mike :ernae:

SteveB
August 27th, 2010, 08:13
Should have 1/2 dozen ish schemes ready for upload later today.

Wild Bill Kelso
August 27th, 2010, 08:54
I did just this one:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/HOXQ_1.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/HOXQ_2.jpg

But it's finished and uploaded. Thanks a bunch for your templates, Steve!

Cheers,
Markus.

SteveB
August 27th, 2010, 17:04
I have uploaded 8 schemes this evening, once admin has done its thing they will show up.

Flyboy208
August 27th, 2010, 17:27
Thanks so much for your continued paints Steve, will be logging some more Mi-8 time later on.

Cheers! Mike :ernae:

Flyboy208
August 27th, 2010, 20:34
I did just this one:

Cheers,
Markus.

Still not available here at this late hour, but the repaint is avalable @ Avsim ...

Danke Markus! Mike :ernae::germany:

OBIO
August 28th, 2010, 13:44
I cleared a good number of the uploads in the FS2004 section for inclusion in the library. Did that sometime this morning. I know there was a pile by SteveB in that list.

OBIO

SteveB
August 28th, 2010, 15:20
It is here on soh, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=7&linkid=2471

Flyboy208
August 28th, 2010, 18:33
Cheers for the new paints Steve! Mike :salute:

Flyboy208
August 28th, 2010, 18:34
4 more pix ...

Wing_Z
August 28th, 2010, 22:56
Cool pics Mike, you do have all the right scenery!
Although that last absolutely black one has defeated my monitor ;)

Many thanks for all these repaints guys, this'll keep us busy for a while.

SteveB
August 29th, 2010, 04:17
I have the last 6 schemes for the Hip in the paintshop. I have just about completed the Syrian scheme.

SteveB
August 29th, 2010, 10:50
Got a Mexican Navy and Iraqi paint schemes finished this afternoon.

stuartcox
August 29th, 2010, 15:00
This is my favourite helicopter in my hangar! Thank you for all the fabulous repaints.
...But in the hangar she stays!
She behaves like a drunken seagull!
Having altered the cfg and air files, I am still no step further in sobering her up.
Other helos don't behave like that in fs9!
On applying shift, the nose gear points to the left, dispite full right rudder, more shift she straves or yaws left, hardly wants to climb, and just about stabilizes at around 80 knots. (With original settings). Forget about trying to hover!
Is it just me?
I would be grateful for any solutions.
Thanks,
Stuart.

Wing_Z
August 29th, 2010, 15:09
...She behaves like a drunken seagull!
Having altered the cfg and air files...Is it just me?
SC I fear it is you...probably time for a re-install.
She flies heavily but quite controllably in this sim.

stuartcox
August 29th, 2010, 15:44
SC I fear it is you...probably time for a re-install.

I meant to say pitch, not shift in the previous post!
This was a re-installation! Non of my "doctoring" is involved. Still, as soon as I want to take off, the nose wheel and the whole helicopter turns left! No straight out departure possible!
(I even calibrated my joystick). It just does not happen with other fs9 helicopters, there must be some configuration settings?

Wing_Z
August 29th, 2010, 18:08
Perhaps try resetting your default flight to a stock a/c cold and dark, no autopilot.
It may be inheriting a setting.

stuartcox
August 30th, 2010, 00:29
Perhaps try resetting your default flight to a stock a/c cold and dark, no autopilot.
It may be inheriting a setting.

Thanks Wing_Z,
Still no luck I'm afraid! I can always please myself with the eyecandy sitting on the ground...:jump:
I set fs back to default, and at 35%-40% throttle the nosewheel turns 45 degrees to the left.
Also ground handling is impossible, as I can only turn left circles. What a dilemma...!
I also tried the replacement air & cfg files in the "!DYNAMIC" section with no luck.
She feels like a twin engined plane with only the right engine running, has the same response on acceleration!
I will try a complete new download from flightsim.com, maybe a file was distorted on the avsim.ru version.

stuartcox
August 30th, 2010, 01:37
I will try a complete new download from flightsim.com, maybe a file was distorted on the avsim.ru version.

Still no luck! Same Issues...
Giving up now!

SteveB
August 30th, 2010, 02:06
The only problem I have found with the Hip is it will not start with ctl+e. Many years back I had the problem with a model (sorry can't remmember which it was) very similar to prob that Stuart mentioned only way I could get the aircraft to fly was by starting the flight in the default Ford Trimotor with engines running at a default airport, and then swapping over to the model I wanted too fly, no idea why but it worked for me. No one else seemed to have the problem so I put it down to my fs9 having a nervous breakdown. It was the going round in circles symptom in one Of Stuarts posts that reminded me of the incident.

Steve

stuartcox
August 30th, 2010, 03:32
Thanks Steve,
I have already tried exactly that, with the Ford, as the Mi apparently also has 3 engines. (We know it has only 2 but the airfile reads 3- APU maybe?)!

I've had the Alphasim Merlin for a while now, a real 3-turbine helicopter, copied the values of the air.file in detail, but any neuroligical surgery won't work. I'm getting really frustrated.

As for your plastic surgery, wow... I'm speachless! That's the main reason why I want to get this bird flying! :jump:
Enjoy your bank holiday...!
Cheers, Stuart

Wild Bill Kelso
August 30th, 2010, 06:52
Sorry to hear about your issues, Stuart!

Same here.
When reducing the collective, she tends to fall surprisingly quick, but she acts quite predictable on low speed manoeuvres and even hovering.
I've observed her tending to rather odd behaviour when re-starting a saved flight or switching over from another aircraft. Presuming that you've started on new and clean flights with no remains of previous settings, I don't have any idea what's wrong with your Mi...
Sorry, mate!

Cheers,
Markus.

SteveB
August 31st, 2010, 03:02
I have just about finished on the Mi8. I will upload the last few schemes over the next day or two.

SteveB
August 31st, 2010, 11:39
Just finished uploading another ten schemes, they will show once admin has done it's thing.

Flyboy208
September 1st, 2010, 18:24
Cheers Steve for your latest batch of super repaints! 1 pic 2 share of the Vietnamese skin ...

Flyboy208
September 1st, 2010, 18:26
And one screen of the Iraqi bird ...

Sunny9850
September 2nd, 2010, 15:40
I did just this one:

Cheers,
Markus.

Super stuff as usual Markus. Would you mind terribly if I slightly modify that paint work to be used by my pals at the VA....the colors are already perfect, so only a quick swap out of the
company logos would be required.
As usual the VA paint would not be uploaded anywhere and of course full credit given.

Stefan

Wild Bill Kelso
September 3rd, 2010, 05:23
Of course I won't mind, Stefan!
Thanks for asking anyway - glad you like it!

I could easily erase the company's lettering and tailboom reg as the templates are still layered.
Please send me an address via PM and I'll hand them over to you!

Cheers,
Markus.

Sunny9850
September 3rd, 2010, 09:50
Thanks Markus....PM sent. Of course now I'll have to try and get my buddy Yuri to make sense of the manual for me. But this is one egg-beater that even I can fly reasonably and let me tell this means something :D

Stefan

ZsoltB
September 23rd, 2010, 13:04

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/all-kazakhstan-7-25449.html

AndyG43
September 23rd, 2010, 13:59

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/all-kazakhstan-7-25449.html

That looks like an interesting package - thanks for the heads up.

ZsoltB
October 23rd, 2010, 10:52
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/582/mi81.jpg (http://img508.imageshack.us/i/mi81.jpg/)

manom
October 23rd, 2010, 11:37
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/582/mi81.jpg (http://img508.imageshack.us/i/mi81.jpg/)

where it can be download ? thx

ZsoltB
October 23rd, 2010, 12:29
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7985/red17.jpg (http://img839.imageshack.us/i/red17.jpg/)

Soon flightsim...

ZsoltB
October 25th, 2010, 06:31
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7636/luklacare1.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/luklacare1.jpg/)

ZsoltB
October 25th, 2010, 09:45
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4051/rom1m.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/i/rom1m.jpg/)

ZsoltB
October 27th, 2010, 02:17
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3074/czech2h.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/czech2h.jpg/)

ZsoltB
October 27th, 2010, 22:45
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3887/digitsaf2.jpg

paul day
October 28th, 2010, 04:17
I hope these will be released as a package soon.

Regards Paul Day.

ZsoltB
October 31st, 2010, 09:59
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7033/arrivals.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/i/arrivals.jpg/)

Flyboy208
October 31st, 2010, 10:17
Zsolt, really liking these latest repaints of yours. Fantastic painting! Mike :salute:

Flyboy208
November 1st, 2010, 12:25
Zsolt's newest repaint package is now available at Flightsim ...

FS2004 Mil Mi-8 Texture Pack

[ Download | View ]

Name: vladimirzhyhulskiymi-8texturepack.zip Size: 41,982,755 Date: 11-01-2010
FS2004 Mil Mi-8 Texture Pack. The Vladimir Zhyhulskiy Mil Mi-8 texture pack. Includes helicopter from the Slovak Air Force, Romania, Kazakhstan, HUAF, Czech Air Force. Repaint by Zsolt Beleznay.

Thanks so much for these Zsolt.

Cheers! Mike :wiggle:

Wing_Z
November 1st, 2010, 13:09
Great stuff Zsolt, many thanks :ernae:

Flyboy208
November 1st, 2010, 20:34
Zsolt, to quote some American slang - "You Da man!!!"

Thanks very much for these liveries! Mike :salute:

fantumfan2003
November 18th, 2011, 09:23
Roger,Thank you for the files. I am now able to fly this Russian beau in FSX. And downloading the updated version from avsim as well.FF
It actually flies pretty well in FsX after applying alphas to some of the textures. I've attached 4 replacement textures (add them and overwrite to each texture folder having saved the originals)

fantumfan2003
November 18th, 2011, 20:59
The sounds in the updated pack are not similar what a real Mi-8 sounds, I am sure because we have a a lot of Mi-8 and Mi-17s. The earlier versions sounds are very close to the real Mi-8 sounds especially the turboshaft sounds. So I guess will have to merge sound files and make changes to the cfg file for a more realistic experience.

FF

ZsoltB
March 18th, 2012, 23:46
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9236/miny3.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6717/miny2.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6553/minyf.jpg

Wing_Z
March 19th, 2012, 12:02
:jump: Can't recall seeing that scenery, either, Zsolt?

ZsoltB
April 9th, 2013, 08:32
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/6822/23243731.jpg

Firekitten
April 9th, 2013, 12:25
Serious repeat Necro antics going on here :D I think its dead... Declare it.

SteveB
April 9th, 2013, 12:52
:jump: Can't recall seeing that scenery, either, Zsolt?

It looks like the futk_612 scenery too me. came out in 2007. look at the usual places for "futk_612.zip".
Sorry didnt see this till now.

SteveB
April 9th, 2013, 12:59
Serious repeat Necro antics going on here :D I think its dead... Declare it.

It's not dead it's sleeping. ;)

Steve

ZsoltB
April 9th, 2013, 13:27
It looks like the futk_612 scenery too me. came out in 2007. look at the usual places for "futk_612.zip".
Sorry didnt see this till now.

Yes! futk 612!
here: http://www.mediafire.com/?15ebp9dnomcyggr

:wavey:

SSI01
April 9th, 2013, 16:33
Just got a virus alert after trying to open that link - something called "iexplore."
:icon_eek:

wombat666
April 10th, 2013, 04:30
Just got a virus alert after trying to open that link - something called "iexplore."
:icon_eek:

No drama using Firefox.
:kilroy:

aeronca1
April 10th, 2013, 05:43
What scenery is that?

SteveB
April 10th, 2013, 06:03
What scenery is that?

It's a little test facility I have for ez scenery naval stuff. I test different ships in different numbers too test frame rates. It was a little unoccupied airfield in Bulgaria called Ploce, till I got my hands on it.

Steve

ZsoltB
April 10th, 2013, 07:17
http://imageshack.us/a/img694/1228/56826576n.jpg

ZsoltB
April 11th, 2013, 10:56
http://imageshack.us/a/img259/9392/1112xe.jpg

ZsoltB
April 13th, 2013, 22:25
http://imageshack.us/a/img571/3757/screenlsk.jpg