PDA

View Full Version : MAW P-38 drop Tanks

PRang
July 23rd, 2010, 05:30
Morn Gentlemen

When I fly a mission with the P-38s using the "A_150gal" drop tanks, I cannot jettison the drop tanks when approaching the target. I used 'ctrl + Shift + D' but nothing happens. The curious thing is that during the initial phases of the mission (T/O and the first legs; it works; so, what gives????. Long range missions are almost impossible to fly without the extra fuel.

Should I upgrade all the weapons to AvH types or is something else causing this problem?

Any suggestions, please

Thanks and God bless

PRang :kilroy:

swpierce
July 23rd, 2010, 07:44
Is it possible that as you are diving to the target you are pulling enough negative Gs that the tanks won't drop off? Maybe you can try pulling the nose up a bit as you are attempting to jettison.

BeauBrummie
July 23rd, 2010, 07:44
A too high airspeed or maneuvering will prevent the tanks from dropping.

Jeff

ndicki
July 23rd, 2010, 08:46
What MAW P-38? There isn't one. There's perhaps a "legacy" stock one, but there is no MAW P-38 as such.

PRang
July 23rd, 2010, 09:25
Guys

Thanks. I will try your suggestions and see what happens.

Ndicki, you are correct there is no original MAW p-38s; but, MajorMagee uploaded one and I did too, using the ETO basic p_38j as a template on my skins and stand-alone. This problem happens with my p-38 contribution to MAW; I have not tried MajorMagee, yet

Let see what happens

Thanks and God bless

PRang

70% power; slight climb; around 200 knots airspeed - Drop tanks released. Thanks guys

God bless

PRang