PDA

View Full Version : "Used Cars", the movie, 1980: for lots of laughs!!!

Navy Chief
July 22nd, 2010, 16:30
If any of you folks have access to Netflix, this is a great movie (I think). Released in 1980, starring Kurt Russell, Deborah Harmon, Jack Harden......it is hysterically funny!

REa2DDzChGM

ZQiTRQTiMGY

NC

Bushpounder
July 23rd, 2010, 02:01
That is a great movie! I haven't seen that one in years. I spent 20 years in the parts business and can relate to it totally!! So much of it is true, though slightly stretched! BTW .... it's Jack Warden. He died not all that long ago. Good stuff. Thanks for the early morning laughs!!

Don

Navy Chief
July 23rd, 2010, 02:42
That is a great movie! I haven't seen that one in years. I spent 20 years in the parts business and can relate to it totally!! So much of it is true, though slightly stretched! BTW .... it's Jack Warden. He died not all that long ago. Good stuff. Thanks for the early morning laughs!!

Don

Don, I meant to type "Warden"........thanks for the correction!!

NC

stansdds
July 23rd, 2010, 03:08
Great movie!!!

Moses03
July 23rd, 2010, 04:52
One of my favorite comedies. I dust it off and watch it every so often.

Jim Brown
July 23rd, 2010, 05:29
Not really on topic, but Dad used to watch this show called The Greatest American Hero. It drove me insane....the DVD box set was finally released on 18 May of this year. lol....

cheezyflier
July 23rd, 2010, 05:33
used cars was a great movie!

Not really on topic, but Dad used to watch this show called The Greatest American Hero. It drove me insane....the DVD box set was finally released on 18 May of this year. lol....

that was a funny tv show

mikezola
July 23rd, 2010, 05:52
We're not alone... Once long ago I saw Kurt Russell on a talk show, where he said that it was his favorite movie to make- and the audience erupted in approval! When I finally bought a DVD player, it was one of the first 5 movies I had to have...

Navy Chief
July 23rd, 2010, 06:44

A bit of trivia about "The Greatest American Hero". The singer, Joey Scarbury, performed the theme song for that show. Joey released one LP (which I have), and then pretty much disappeared. I think he sang a country tune which was mildly popular. But for the most part, Joey has not done much, recording-wise.

A pity too, because he has a great voice.

NC

Prowler1111
July 23rd, 2010, 07:19
Damn! so the ran over dog IS a scam!!..sheeeezzzz..

Prowler

PS: Now i need to get this movie!

MaddogK
July 23rd, 2010, 14:05
Damn! so the ran over dog IS a scam!!..sheeeezzzz..

Prowler

PS: Now i need to get this movie!

Can't believe you never saw it. My wife hates it because I've forced her to watch it so many times.

"Maroon my a**, that M***** F***** is red"

:)

traindriver98
July 23rd, 2010, 14:10
"THAT'S TOOO ********G HIIGGHH!"

Navy Chief
July 23rd, 2010, 14:14
Can't believe you never saw it. My wife hates it because I've forced her to watch it so many times.

"Maroon my a**, that M***** F***** is red"

:)

I think "Used Cars" falls into the category of "movies for guys", such as "Caddyshack", "Animal House", and another of my favorite comedies, "Slapshot" (1977 release, with Paul Newman)...

LJkHm2WtSsk

Bushpounder
July 23rd, 2010, 19:28
Got to add Porky's to that list, Chief! Remember Lassie? LMAO!!!

Don

Navy Chief
July 23rd, 2010, 19:39
Got to add Porky's to that list, Chief! Remember Lassie? LMAO!!!

Don

Yep, I agree!

ILAhmMGYm-E

cheezyflier
July 23rd, 2010, 19:50
"THAT'S TOOO ********G HIIGGHH!"

that's one of my fav scenes from that movie.

[SIZE=3]I think "Used Cars" falls into the category of "movies for guys", such as "Caddyshack", "Animal House"....

caddy shack and fletch are probably my 2 fav funny movies.