PDA

View Full Version : 8:00 History Channel Most Extreme Airports

Cirrus N210MS
July 20th, 2010, 11:33
8:00 PM
Premiere
Most Extreme Airports Many airports constructed just 50 years ago may not be sufficient to handle the demands of 21st cent… TVPG (http://www.history.com/ajax/tv-ratings.jsp?rating=tvpg) | <abbr title="Closed Captioning">CC</abbr>

<abbr title="Closed Captioning"></abbr>

<abbr title="Closed Captioning"></abbr>
<abbr title="Closed Captioning">:salute:
</abbr>

MaddogK
July 20th, 2010, 11:38
EXCELLENT ! Been waiting for this show. I just have to get the remote from the wife: tonight is 'America's got talent' night.

Bjoern
July 20th, 2010, 12:34
Let's see if I can find it on the net somewhere tomorrow.

Daveroo
July 20th, 2010, 18:21
just watched the show..i enjoied it...watched with my folks and even my mom liked it....

PRB
July 20th, 2010, 18:23
Just watched it. Good stuff. I guessed correctly on number 1. :)

Dain Arns
July 20th, 2010, 18:55
I didn't really agree with the order. :icon_lol:
Think Kai Tak should have been higher, for example.

Learned something new about Lukla though.
I thought I had read something at one time that only the Twin Otter and Do 228 were the only fixed wings allowed onto the strip, but I saw a Porter landing and taking off.
Yeti Airlines markings, but looked like it was strictly for cargo hauling.
Plenty of rotorcraft on the ramp at Lukla too! :applause: :d

All in all it was a good show.
Still need to get to the Sunset Bar & Grill next to the beach at Princess Julianna some point in my life.
Sit and watch the planes roll in, tourists being sandblasted...

luckydog
July 20th, 2010, 20:13
The ol' lady was channel surfing and let out a holler when she ran across it......
otherwise, I woulda missed it.

:applause::applause::applause:

Gdavis101
July 20th, 2010, 22:49
I watched it with my folks as well.. I thought it was pretty funny, my Dad was writing down the airports as the show progressed so he could go and check them out in Flight Simulator. Good show!!!

Bushpounder
July 21st, 2010, 02:30
The ol' lady was channel surfing and let out a holler when she ran across it......
otherwise, I woulda missed it.

:applause::applause::applause:

You have her trained well, my friend!!! :) Mine does that as well!!!

Don

Tom Clayton
July 21st, 2010, 04:10
Still need to get to the Sunset Bar & Grill next to the beach at Princess Julianna some point in my life.
Come on, we all know you just want to see how many women take advantage of the free drink offer (http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/Boeing-757-223/0857486/L/)!

Dain Arns
July 21st, 2010, 05:56
Come on, we all know you just want to see how many women take advantage of the free drink offer (http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/Boeing-757-223/0857486/L/)!

Well sorta.
There is a certain gal from Texas (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Dassault-Falcon-%28Mystere%29/1126677/L/&sid=9b40bf77cb67819d336ce4edddbc57ee) I'd like to see.
I've heard she is good at doing the "Limbo", and can go pretty low... :d

MaddogK
July 21st, 2010, 06:43
I didn't really agree with the order. :icon_lol:
Think Kai Tak should have been higher, for example.

Learned something new about Lukla though.
I thought I had read something at one time that only the Twin Otter and Do 228 were the only fixed wings allowed onto the strip, but I saw a Porter landing and taking off.
Yeti Airlines markings, but looked like it was strictly for cargo hauling.
Plenty of rotorcraft on the ramp at Lukla too! :applause: :d

All in all it was a good show.

I also questioned the order, but the sim versions may be different than RL. Been to all but 2 (France and St Barths) during our RTW practice sessions- I remember the first time I saw Lukla in FS, I amazed everyone in our training group by navigating the mountains and landing there in a Stearman.

...I'll be heading back to Honduras in my 757 for some more practice- don't recall if my scenery has the runway extension but I'm eager to refly that visual approach.

Dain Arns
July 21st, 2010, 10:04
...I'll be heading back to Honduras in my 757 for some more practice- don't recall if my scenery has the runway extension but I'm eager to refly that visual approach.

There is some freeware scenery for Toncontin for both FS2004 and FSX on AVSim.
I know the FSX version includes the cut in the hill and the extension.

crashaz
July 21st, 2010, 22:53
Caught the last 3.... but it is on again on Saturday! I will be catching it all.

Trans_23
July 22nd, 2010, 06:40
Let's see if I can find it on the net somewhere tomorrow.

Post a link if you find it please. :wavey:

Bjoern
July 22nd, 2010, 12:09
Introduction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVXvZqqM3-0

Just follow the "video responses" from there to get the other parts.