PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Daddy_ The DNA Results Are In !

FAC257
July 19th, 2010, 16:52
I just got the DNA test results back on my new co-pilot.

He's showing at least 50% Chihuahua DNA and at least 25% Schipperke DNA.

So I guess he could be called either a Skippyhuahua or a Chihuaperke. A perfect rescue pound puppy for sure. :)

FAC

TARPSBird
July 19th, 2010, 20:50
I like Skippyhuahua. :)

luckydog
July 19th, 2010, 21:33
I like Skippyhuahua. :)

Yea, me too.........but nickname him Skippy. The wah-wah part is kinda wussy.
Remember.......he has to live with this name the rest of his life !

FAC257
July 20th, 2010, 00:48
Because he had spent so much of his life in the no-kill shelter known as "Peanut", I promised the care takers there that would be his name. so he's officially called "Peanut".

Because of his shape and coloration he sort of looks a little like a peanut, so it fits him pretty well.

FAC

WND
July 20th, 2010, 04:02
FAC:

I gather all is going well with "Peanut" and his new duties as co-pilot?

I have cats as you well know only because I don't want to leave a dog locked up in the house all day or outside in the heat, and it sure is neat to come home and they greet ya at the door...

Then after a while, they develope the attitude that it's THEIR house and THEY allow you to stay there as long as you continue to go to work and support them!!!!!!!!!:wiggle:

Anyways, glad all is well and everyone is happy...

Bill

FAC257
July 20th, 2010, 13:51
Hey Bill

I tried the house with no puppy thing for a few weeks. At first it was interesting remembering all of the life style and daily habits that are different when a pup's in the house.

But having a snoozing puppy in your lap is probably one of the most relaxing things I can think of.

I don't know how many times I've been busy on the computer trying to do several things at once or flying along, when the pup tranquilzer shows up and dozes off. The next thing I know, I'm waking up from a coma a few hours later still sitting at the screen. :)

FAC

Willy
July 21st, 2010, 14:57
I thought Skippy kind of went with peanuts. Peanut butter at least ;)

Sure looks like there's some Min Pin hiding in there though...

FAC257
July 21st, 2010, 15:35
Willy

No matter what the DNA says, I see Min-pin in him quite a bit. The breeds making up the other 25% of his DNA were in quantities to small to make a positive ID.

The one big difference I see between this little guy and my Min-Pin is the ability to go aerial. My Min-Pin had to work at it to jump up into my lap from the floor when sitting at the computer. I had to make sure I was facing him and had my legs just right so he could make the hop up into the chair. Peanut on the other hand has jet assist. I was working at the desk one of his first days in the house and had the chair with the arms pulled up pretty close to the desk. On top of that the pillow he rests on was up against the inside arm of the chair making it a little higher than the chair arm.

I didn't realize the Peanut was in the room and without warning I suddenly had a puppy airborne and landing in my lap full force. From a standing position on the floor right next to the chair he cleared the chair arm and pillow never touching either one.

For as tiny as he is he's got beefy powerful legs compared to Vel's slimmer Min-Pin legs.

FAC