PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Eastern Front skins

JapLance
July 19th, 2010, 10:01
I'm setting up another CFS2 installation, this time for the Eastern Front, and everything is running fine except for a few planes I just can't find suitable skins for. Maybe some of you know of any of them somewhere around the Internet.

This planes are:

A VVS skin for K.Malinowsky's Curtiss P-40E (or any other of his Warhawks),
A Finnish skin for Paul Strany's Fokker D.XXI,
A Romanian skin for AF Scrubb Heinkel He 112.

Also a hint for historical German Eastern Front skins would be welcome for Wolfi's Stuka and Akemi Mizoguchi's Fw 190.

Thanks a lot.

Boatz
July 19th, 2010, 19:53
JapLance,

VVS skins for KM's P-40: The only VVS skin I've seen is one KM did himself for his "M" model, this was in his version 2 package, but when he did his final (Version 3) package he used a different skin for that one. That package is not available here but may be at Simviation. I can send you just the texture folder from the v2, PM me an e-mail address, as it will work just fine on the later version. The only texture difference between the v2 & v3 was the latter has extra damage textures, but its not really a big deal. These textures may also work on some of the earlier models, you'll just have to try and see how they look.

I've never seen a Finnish skin for Paul Strany's Fokker D.XXI, but even better, Morton has done a complete package with KM's Fokker D.XXI including a Finnish skin. Its in the current files, CFS2 skins - other, and is a complete aircraft except sound.

A Romanian skin for AF Scrubs Heinkel He 112 is unlikely but you never know what may turn up. Maybe check Flightsim or SimV, but don't hold your breath!

German EF skins for Wolfi's Stuka, check the archives under author name "erafitti". Two big packages full of 10 different skins.

Skins for Akemi's Fw 190: Look in the archives under author names Morton, erafitti & ChrisN, or just narrow the listing to Skins-German, only a little over 200 entries altogether.

Boatz

JapLance
July 19th, 2010, 22:36
Thank you, Boatz, that's the kind of thorough answer I was expecting from this forums :applause:.

Got the KM's P-40M with the VVS skin in Simviation. Now I will try to fit it to the most recent E version. Hopefully it will work.

I'd rather use Mr. Strany version of the Fokker XXI because it gives me slightly better frame rates than Malinowski's, but if no Finnish skin is available, it's easier for me to change the plane model than creating a new skin from scratch.

I'll look for the rest of German planes in the archive. With those author names the search is now much easier.

Finally, Oldwheat has offered to send me a Romanian He 112 skin, despite he remarked that there may be some issues. Looking forward to it :jump:.

watchdog22
July 19th, 2010, 23:36
If you are a little patient I have done a Leningrad Front VVS P-40 skin for Leroy's model, coming soon to a field near you

Jagdflieger
July 20th, 2010, 00:07
Thicko also made a ski equiped version of the D 21 with Finnish textures.

Get the plane here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=2847

And the update here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=8459