PDA

View Full Version : 'Did Anyone Ever Watch This Tele Series?'

Panther_99FS
July 18th, 2010, 09:00
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wings_(NBC_TV_series)

TARPSBird
July 18th, 2010, 09:45
I used to watch it. Pretty good show with likeable characters. Tony Shalhoub went on to star in the TV series "Monk". Aside from him, Tim Daly and Thomas Haden Church are about the only ones from the cast that you still see frequently.

Ickie
July 18th, 2010, 09:49
lol wings was suppose to be located in pensacola what a bull, lol there were mountains in the background, well pensacola is as flat as a pancake, lol with a black light house, this sort of sucked if you knew this, lol
also the story line was flawed Pcola is a training base with the blue angles, most of the real flights were in Milton fl across the bay

Daveroo
July 18th, 2010, 10:10
i thought they were on nantuckit island....

i do have the whole series on dvd..ill have to watch now lol....

Odie
July 18th, 2010, 10:12
Yep, in fact I have the first 3 seasons on DVD. This was one of those shows where they let the characters grow. There were some funny moments, such as the golf outing they went to and had to spend the biggest part of it in the hotel room due to bad weather.

Ickie
July 18th, 2010, 10:13
I lived in P-Cola when it came out, and even the local paper had negitive articles on it, and everyone talked about it, we all looked forward to the begining of it, some seens were produced in P-Cola Fl. Everyone was disapointed.

Odie
July 18th, 2010, 10:13
i thought they were on nantuckit island....

i do have the whole series on dvd..ill have to watch now lol....

They were. I believe Ickie is referring to PENSACOLA: WINGS OF GOLD with James Brolin.

Ickie
July 18th, 2010, 10:19
that could be right, i recall wings was in the title somewhere

Prowler1111
July 18th, 2010, 10:36
I did, it was great, enjoyed every second of it and i definitely will have to grab the DVD´s..
Prowler
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Panther_99FS
July 18th, 2010, 10:44
Interesting thread!
I posted it because I bumped into a rerun on the tele the other night....

Railrunner130
July 18th, 2010, 11:02
Mmmmm... Crystal Bernard.... :jump:

Dain Arns
July 18th, 2010, 12:07
Yep watched it all the time.
"Wings" the sitcom was set on Nantucket Island, at a fictional airport "Tom Nevers Field".
Name of the company was "Sandpiper Air".
Great show, I wish Netflix would stream it.

Lionheart
July 18th, 2010, 12:08

OH yes....! What a sweetheart!

She was the main reason I watched it, though I didnt watch it ALL the time, arrgh.

The mechanic was hilarious. He is now a big time actor. Most of them are now big time actors. I wish we saw more of Crystal...

This is the series (Wings) that was based in Nantucket, but actually filmed in a studio. Rarely on outdoors shot. I think they used Cessna 421's?

Bill

Dain Arns
July 18th, 2010, 12:44
Trivia Time:

Although "Wings" was not directly a "Spin-off" series, anyone remember what other popular sitcom it shared characters with?

cheezyflier
July 18th, 2010, 12:52
OH yes....! What a sweetheart!

She was the main reason I watched it, though I didnt watch it ALL the time, arrgh.

The mechanic was hilarious.

i agree on both counts. i thought crystal bernard's character was hillarious at times, and the mechanic guy was the best character on the show,i thought

Moparmike
July 18th, 2010, 14:21
Trivia Time:

Although "Wings" was not directly a "Spin-off" series, anyone remember what other popular sitcom it shared characters with?

Cheers. :)

The producers of Wings (and Frasier) were all writers for Cheers and a few of the old Cheers characters popped up on Wings over the years.

The episode where Frasier and Lilith show up aired the same night following an episode of Cheers where they said they were going to Nantucket. (Wings followed Cheers in the prime time line-up).
I think I've still got this night recorded someplace too...my dart league used to be on "Cheers night" so I usually set the VCR to catch both shows.

And yup...I agree with Railrunner. Mmmm...Crystal Bernard...
(Where's the wolf-whistle smiley when you need it?!?)

Lowell was hilarious and I always thought that Tony Shaloub did a much better job as Antonio Scarpacci than he does as Monk.

wbuchart
July 18th, 2010, 14:33

It was one of my favs. I lso got a kick out of Roy, the oily owner of the competing charter line.

Dain Arns
July 18th, 2010, 15:10
Cheers. :)

Yup! :applause: