PDA

View Full Version : Courage and Passion

Doering
July 18th, 2010, 06:48
For you Lancaster fans. Something very different that has been in the works for a long time. A blend of real and simulator all in one video.

http://www.vimeo.com/13430247

falcon409
July 18th, 2010, 07:19
I'm speechless. Very emotional video when you combine the faces of those young crews and the numbers that were stacked against them. A beautiful memorial to the men who flew the Lancaster. Well done!!:salute::salute:

mal998
July 18th, 2010, 07:20
er, hmm, no cooperation with the United States? (scratches head here)

nice vid.

Doering
July 18th, 2010, 07:33

nice vid.
Yes, definitely cooperation with the United States and many other countries. That phase was mainly for the aircrew's native country who flew the Lancs.

mal998
July 18th, 2010, 08:34
Yes, definitely cooperation with the United States and many other countries. That phase was mainly for the aircrew's native country who flew the Lancs.

Duely noted Sir.

IanHenry
July 18th, 2010, 10:03
Doering,
That is an excellent tribute to the brave crews who flew nightly over occupied territory (and the Americans who flew daily), however at the risk of being pedantic, the reference to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region> should read <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Great Britain</st1:place></st1:country-region>, least we forget the Irish, Welsh and Scots who flew with the RAF!
There were many other nationalities, French, Poles, commonwealth countries, in fact too many to list here. Sorry to sound picky but I feel none should be forgotten.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian

papab
July 18th, 2010, 11:05
Doering,
I got some moisture on my keyboard watching the video!
Very,very well done Sir!!!

Rick B:salute:

AndyE1976
July 18th, 2010, 11:31
Excellent video, great choice of music too.

crashaz
July 18th, 2010, 12:03
Great video! :salute:

AndyE1976
July 18th, 2010, 12:13
I'd been debating whether to get the FCS lancaster for some time, after watching this it had to be done.

All the aviators of WWII showed immense courage, but I think the bomber crews - particularly the 4-engined crews - were particularly brave considering the speeds and lack of manoeuvrability their aircraft had.

warchild
July 18th, 2010, 13:10
Incredible work.. thank you.. yes, I almost cried, for many reasons. Mostly the right ones. But I'm selfish i admit. I was in vietnam, and they're still trying to forget us.

mal998
July 18th, 2010, 13:55
Incredible work.. thank you.. yes, I almost cried, for many reasons. Mostly the right ones. But I'm selfish i admit. I was in vietnam, and they're still trying to forget us.

Not to go too far off topic...

it is not our brave Military who the Nation has tried to forget, but rather the crimminal politicians who led us to failure and failed us all...Welcome Home!

Doering
July 19th, 2010, 11:19
Thanks for the comments guys!
Yes Ian, in no way did I intend to include or exclude anyone or any country in particular. And the list goes beyond those you cited into former and current realms under the broad Commonwealth umbrella. Just an example of 3 participating countries to grasp the cooperation concept within a brief moment of the video.

Doering
September 3rd, 2010, 09:25
Doering,
That is an excellent tribute to the brave crews who flew nightly over occupied territory (and the Americans who flew daily), however at the risk of being pedantic, the reference to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region> should read <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Great Britain</st1:place></st1:country-region>, least we forget the Irish, Welsh and Scots who flew with the RAF!
There were many other nationalities, French, Poles, commonwealth countries, in fact too many to list here. Sorry to sound picky but I feel none should be forgotten.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian

Members will be pleased to note that I have amended the descriptor for this video to include all British, Commonwealth and Dominion aircrews who flew the Lancasters.

txnetcop
September 3rd, 2010, 09:50
Excellent video! It hit every heart-string! WOW
Ted

BeauBrummie
September 3rd, 2010, 11:44
Remarkable piece of work!

Doering
September 6th, 2010, 06:59
Thanks txnetcop and BeauBrummie! It was a great learning experience and a very rewarding video to make.

Doering
November 9th, 2010, 07:43
Just returning this to the top in recognition of our veterans at this time of year.
http://vimeo.com/13430247

Paul K
November 9th, 2010, 11:16

nice vid.

Mal, this is a genuine question, please don't take it the wrong way.

What, as an American, is your perception of the United States involvement in, or co-operation with, Bomber Command's night campaign ? Certainly there were Americans serving with Bomber Command, 617 Squadron's Joe McCarthy probably being the best known, and there was a squadron of USAAF B-17s that took part for a limited time under British control, but anything beyond that is questionable, isn't it ?

Again, this is a genuine question prompted by your comment.