PDA

View Full Version : US NAVY Tucano?

skyhawka4m
July 18th, 2010, 04:21
Wasn't someone doing a repaint for the Piglet plane of this aircraft? Sure would be nice to have to fly around.

Lateral-G
July 18th, 2010, 05:45
someone is already working on this one......I just can't remember who at the moment.....

Railrunner130
July 18th, 2010, 11:09
I notice this airplane has a few hardpoints and a FLIR ball underneath. Is this an entry into the USAF Light Attack competition? Actually, it does have a Navy BuNo. on it. ?

deathfromafar
July 18th, 2010, 11:21
I notice this airplane has a few hardpoints and a FLIR ball underneath. Is this an entry into the USAF Light Attack competition? Actually, it does have a Navy BuNo. on it. ?

This is one of the former Blackwater/Xe Aviation Super Tucano aircraft now in possession of the Navy. These aircraft will be used by the SEAL Teams in their planned self contained Air assets for CAS/Surveillance missions. Things are progressing along fine with the program.

CG_1976
July 18th, 2010, 11:34
I'd love to see more Brazilian COIN Tucano's.

JensOle
July 19th, 2010, 12:03
As mentioned, this S-T is a former Blackwater bird and is currently used for the US Navy "Imminent Fury" test program to give USN SOF units a dedicated ISR and CAS platform. Probably also tested by the USAF as well for their light CAS aircraft program.

I have painted this aircraft in both Blackwater and USN colors, but they have not been released yet since I'm away from my FS computer. ETA for release is August.

Best regards
Jens-Ole

JensOle
July 19th, 2010, 12:07
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/USA/IF-1.jpg

skyhawka4m
July 19th, 2010, 15:06
thank you Jens!!