PDA

View Full Version : For HouseHobbit

KellyB
July 16th, 2010, 10:53
Saw the post on the missing Peenemunde missions, and realized that I has missed them somehow.
Aghast that I could have overlooked them, I downloaded immediately and hopped into the B24 to go get the bloody rockets. I scored direct hits on what I thought was the target, with no results.
So I decided to go into the mission to see what the actual target might be, and how I might be missing it.

Curious thing: In my ongoing ojt for missions, i pulled the B24 raid mission up in Mission Builder and it reports the mill_town_large1B as "unrecognized facility."

Am i missing something else? Should it show up as the target with a label?

HouseHobbit
July 16th, 2010, 11:16
Saw the post on the missing Peenemunde missions, and realized that I has missed them somehow.
Aghast that I could have overlooked them, I downloaded immediately and hopped into the B24 to go get the bloody rockets. I scored direct hits on what I thought was the target, with no results.
So I decided to go into the mission to see what the actual target might be, and how I might be missing it.

Curious thing: In my ongoing ojt for missions, i pulled the B24 raid mission up in Mission Builder and it reports the mill_town_large1B as "unrecognized facility."

Am i missing something else? Should it show up as the target with a label?

All the unrecognized facility.. means is, the Facility doesn't show up in the list of stock items that are part of the mission builder map..
The maps in the mission builder have the ability to show Via: the filter settings.. facilities and Vehicles etc.. depending on how you set it.
This facility " Mill_town_Large1b" does not show up in the Mission Builder map when set to show such items..
Several stock items and many built facilities do this it is completely normal..
It has to do with the way the CFS3 game engine is programed..
Even with all the Quirks in the Game engine, it is still Great..

They show up in the mission I bomb them often..LOL..

Read the mission briefing your targets are the housing area where Von Braum and
folks are, just as in real mission..

I hope you enjoy the missions..
HouseHobbit

KellyB
July 16th, 2010, 11:59
Bomb them often -- right!

I got to mucking about and made a discovery. In the file for the mill_town_large1B, the first line read:
<Facility Type="" Flags="ismilltown1" OuterDistance="10001">

I changed it to:
<Facility Type="MillTown1B" Flags="ismilltown1" OuterDistance="10001">

and the label shows up in the sim, and Mission Builder recognizes it.

So that answers the question of MB's not recognizing it.

But I also understand your explanation, for which thank you, in that the fact that the label doesn't appear as "MillTown1B" doesn't affect how the target is destroyed or not.....which means i have to improve by bombing skills, to say nothing about my wingmen, which is probably best.....

Again thanks, especially for the quickness. I shall now go and make von Braun's house disappear!!! For the beneft of our space program, we'll hope he went out for a beer...

HouseHobbit
July 16th, 2010, 19:37
BRAVO.. I'll have to change this too..
Thanks, never thrught of this..
Too COOL..
Yea, the space race will not have been the same without Von Baum,
I think he was out for a beer that day anyway..:icon_lol:
I hope you enjoy the missions..
Watch out for the flying cave trolls..
Rather mean types..:icon_lol:
And they don't show up in the mission builder either..:icon_lol:

HouseHobbit
July 16th, 2010, 19:42
Here is the corrected facility file
for all you want it..

ndicki
July 17th, 2010, 02:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro

KellyB
July 17th, 2010, 04:27
I haven't thought of Tom Lehrer in many years. Brings back lotsa old memories of younger days...

But come now, can't you think of anybody you'd like to send into space???