PDA

View Full Version : HTR - Helicopter Total Realism v1.1 released

wiltzei
July 15th, 2010, 22:02
Feels good.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=53;t=18312

Daube
July 16th, 2010, 00:59
I have been using it for weeks. It's really a cool addition to the sim.
I wish they would provide profiles for more copters, though.

Dain Arns
July 16th, 2010, 02:14
Seems a little more stable with each release.
There have been a few issues addressed with this current version.
I haven't enough time yet to fully check it out.

I have been using it for weeks. It's really a cool addition to the sim.
I wish they would provide profiles for more copters, though.

HTR is released with just profiles for the default rotorcraft, including the Acceleration ones.
There are other profiles at Hovercontrol available on a separate download page here, in case you might have missed it:

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=HTR_-_Helicopter_Total_Realism/Custom_Profiles

There is also a HTR Configuration Creation Manual included in the package.
I know other folks are currently working on configurations besides Mr. Naar, so keep checking back at Hovercontrol occasionally.

ryanbatc
July 16th, 2010, 06:15
This thing is really cool! but it lets me know I need rudder pedals instead of my twist joystick LOL!

The default R22 is touchy now - I see them fly all the time at work but have no idea how they really respond to control input.

I also have the cerasim Bell 412 - should I get the fde for that too?

wiltzei
July 16th, 2010, 06:48
I also have the cerasim Bell 412 - should I get the fde for that too?
Yes. Apparently the aircraft specific files donīt need to be updated. Read the manual where to put the file.

Dain Arns
July 16th, 2010, 10:33
Yes. Apparently the aircraft specific files donīt need to be updated. Read the manual where to put the file.

Right.
All the HTR specific config files do is contain the physical information about that particular helicopter, i.e. rotor lengths, diameters, etc, etc, plus some calculations based on that info.
So once all that physical information is gathered, it should never change.
HTR just uses that info to make the 'physics' adjustments in sim.
Such as when to induce Vortex Ring state, for example...

SkippyBing
July 16th, 2010, 11:07
The default R22 is touchy now - I see them fly all the time at work but have no idea how they really respond to control input.

Sounds about right!

Bone
July 16th, 2010, 16:15

I've got a handfull of R-22 time. It is touchy, but that's part of the excitement.

ryanbatc
July 16th, 2010, 17:37
Heh - would be easier if I had rudder pedals though ;)