PDA

View Full Version : O/T Computer advice needed

airtj
July 13th, 2010, 05:15
Just wondering what are people's opinions about updating the BIOS? I've read on the internet that you shouldn't install the updates in sequence order but do every other one. Has any one install the newest driver for the 8800 GTX and is it safe to do so.

THANKS

AndyG43
July 13th, 2010, 05:54
Just wondering what are people's opinions about updating the BIOS? I've read on the internet that you shouldn't install the updates in sequence order but do every other one. Has any one install the newest driver for the 8800 GTX and is it safe to do so.

THANKS

Never updated the BIOS, terribly fraught with danger - this way dragons be etc. Get that one wrong and nothing works!! I know people make all sorts of claims of performance gains, but I can't see it myself.

idancesafetydance
July 13th, 2010, 09:37
Really your only hope for a "safe" BIOS update, requires a thumbdrive, and Asus motherboard, with the EasyFlash feature. Otherwise, take it to a professional.

Z-claudius24
July 13th, 2010, 12:28
Hi,

Updating BIO for the pleasure ? :)
Unless you have a new hardware item not supported by your actual BIO and the motherboard manufacturer released a new BIO for support it .. I suggest you to not upgrade your BIO