PDA

View Full Version : Unstable Nvidia driver.......suggestions?

Navy Chief
July 12th, 2010, 04:21
An unstable Nvidia driver is causing my FSX display to fail. I do get a msg on the screen, saying that is indeed what is happening.

Is there a previous Nvidia driver that is more reliable? The latest and greatest ain't necessarily the best; especially when it comes to these drivers.

Thanks.

NC

txnetcop
July 12th, 2010, 04:46
Been using this since April for my MSI 260 and had zero problems from the outset with nHancer added http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_197.45_whql.html

txnetcop
July 12th, 2010, 04:50
Crystal clear and very fast while using PNW

dharris
July 12th, 2010, 05:04
Hi Ted, have you tried the 257.21 drivers for win 7? Thanks Don

txnetcop
July 12th, 2010, 06:41
Hi Ted, have you tried the 257.21 drivers for win 7? Thanks Don

It works fine but I found no real need to use the 257.21 drivers as they really were meant for the 400 series Nvidia cards but will work with Win7 200GTX series cards

Quixoticish
July 12th, 2010, 07:05
What exactly does the message say Navy Chief?

Navy Chief
July 12th, 2010, 08:13
It works fine but I found no real need to use the 257.21 drivers as they really were meant for the 400 series Nvidia cards but will work with Win7 200GTX series cards

I am not able to install 257.21. I get message saying XP is not installed, and the process is terminated. Am attempting to download/install some earlier drivers.

UPDATE:

I installed a previous driver (196, or something like that). Anyway, the error msg showed up again, as the driver failed, and froze the FSX screen. It says, "Display Driver has stopped working, and has recovered"

I just uninstalled Nhancer to see if it may be causing problems......

NC

Navy Chief
July 12th, 2010, 09:22
Will do more testing, but when I removed Nhancer, the problem seems to have stopped..............

NC

warchild
July 12th, 2010, 10:10
Hi Guys..
I'm no expert, but n the last few days i have seen a few posts here and there arund the web about NHnacer needing to be upgraded to work with the new NVidia drivers and windows 7. There should be something about it on NHancers web site.. Might be worth checking out..
Pam

txnetcop
July 12th, 2010, 10:58
Yes there was a new nHancer upgrade to work with the new drivers 196 and up. NavyChief did you check for that upgrade or use your old nHancer?

Navy Chief
July 12th, 2010, 13:49
Yes there was a new nHancer upgrade to work with the new drivers 196 and up. NavyChief did you check for that upgrade or use your old nHancer?

The Nhancer version I had installed was the latest one. From what I had read on the Nhancer site, I believe they have not fixed problems with Windos7 yet. Until they do, I won't be using that software!

NC

txnetcop
July 12th, 2010, 16:00
The Nhancer version I had installed was the latest one. From what I had read on the Nhancer site, I believe they have not fixed problems with Windos7 yet. Until they do, I won't be using that software!

NC

Sorry NavyChief I was unaware you were using Win7 you are correct to uninstall nHancer. It does work just fine with XP SP3 64bit. A new version of nHancer for Win7 is due out shortly.
Ted