PDA

View Full Version : Liberator GRVI

BeauBrummie
July 11th, 2010, 14:19
There's still some work to be done on this gal, but I thought you'd like a look. Notice the radome in the belly. Loverly work chaps. BTW she's a Liberator GRVI PP- Z of the No 311. Czechoslovak Squadron RAF

and here's the real aircraft.

remcoc
July 11th, 2010, 15:14
Looks great allready!

RemcoC

ndicki
July 11th, 2010, 23:09
Beautiful! Can't wait...!

Led Zeppelin
July 12th, 2010, 03:31
great!!! :ernae:

NachtPiloten
July 12th, 2010, 08:02
... all done and been through a shakedown flight or two. Need to get her over to Jeff to post. One BIG drawback, she is a framerate killer. All the detail Luca put into her eats the frames. I have tried to minimize the impact as best as I could but she still eats them up. No ai here since these planes flew solo. Needs a revamp of the loadouts and I think Jeff will do that. So off to send Greg the AAF J planes.

hairyspin
July 12th, 2010, 11:19
... I thought you'd like a look...

Steady Jeff, these are clouds up there - mind your vertigo!

BeauBrummie
July 12th, 2010, 13:02
Sure Hairy, Took a peek above the cloud layer and got a nose bleed!

BeauBrummie
July 12th, 2010, 13:14
On a more perssonal note, the reason I asked for this slightly unusual skin was that three years ago I was in correspondence with Chris von Patzelt whose dad flew from Predannack with 311 Sqdn as a WO/AG. He was asking if there was a FS2004 coversion from the FP standalone of Nigel's. I've e-mailed him about this development. I always love it when you speack to someone who has family who flew in our aircraft.

dmaloof
July 12th, 2010, 13:26
Nice!

Led Zeppelin
July 13th, 2010, 08:27
can't find the information: when did the GR VI entered in service in Coastal Command?

BeauBrummie
July 13th, 2010, 12:00
Mmm. yes the info's a bit thin isn't it! However I have a document which has a short review of CC Lib squadrons and those that re-equipped with the GR6 did so throughout 1944. The earliest I've found so far is Feburary and co-incidentally is was our bird's squadron 311 (Czech)! If I find anything else I'll post it.

Jeff

Led Zeppelin
July 14th, 2010, 01:11
Thanks for the information, this answer my question. Personnaly, I didn't know if it was early, mid or late 1944!! :wavey:

scoutII
July 20th, 2010, 15:07
Is this out yet? or am I not looking hard enough? Thanks

HouseHobbit
July 20th, 2010, 18:31
That is one Good looking B-24, I do like the CC skin..
She looks Like She is ready to be Crashed, OPPPS Flown..
I am looking forward to this one..
Thanks very much..:applause:

:salute: :salute: :salute:

scoutII
July 21st, 2010, 09:31
I've got that "just before XMAS" feeling one this one - Thanks

NachtPiloten
July 21st, 2010, 11:13
..... it has been shipped to Beau who is redoing the loadouts. should be ready very soon. BTW two new J's will appear at regs very very soon.......

scoutII
August 8th, 2010, 16:09
update??? Thanks....

BeauBrummie
August 9th, 2010, 04:30
Hello,

The models of the aircraft are awaiting Capt Winters new bomb sights, to be checked for ETO compatability and I have one or two things to look at the loadouts. I know Cap has had some real life issues to deal with, so we'll have to see how long we can wait. Sorry about the delay, but real life comes first.

Led Zeppelin
August 9th, 2010, 06:17
you don't have to be sorry.

BeauBrummie
August 9th, 2010, 06:21
Yeah I suppose I don't Loic. I had them a while now and I'm just feeling a little frustrated that the important work is out of my hands. C'est le Vie!

scoutII
August 9th, 2010, 13:46
No rush - But I don't want to lose track either - Thank you for your time

BeauBrummie
August 18th, 2010, 12:43
Attention!:salute: Lol!

Ok this is to inform you that there will be two releases of the three Libs. ETO-ised versions will appear in 1.4 update (deadlines allowing) and I have the general release (known here as TK_Libs) versions. I have had to assemble a whole pack of goodies as these birds feature new effects and weapons which is why it may appear to have taken so long.

So there are three Libs to be released two that Ted made and a standalone for one of John's skins. All have Capt. Winters new low Level Bomb sight and his new turret gun sights.

First Ted's two:
TK_B24_GrV_GXB. This aircraft flown by F/L K.O. Moore (RCAF) and crew sunk U-373 and U-441 during the same sortie while on a CORK patrol in support of the D-day landings.
A number of B-24Ds were supplied to RAF Coastal Command with an Air-to-Surface- Vessel (ASV) radar mounted in a chin fairing underneath the nose glazing. Alternatively, the radome could be installed in a retractable radome underneath the ventral fuselage. In such a configuration, these aircraft were known as Liberator G.R.V. Liberator G.R.Vs served exclusively with RAF Coastal Command. This has Leigh light and the option to select loadout combinations of rockets, DC's, flares, extra internal fuel tanks and the Mk 24 Fido Homing torpedo (thanks Ronnybenght). The latter were in service in small numbers from May '43. But it being CFS3, they don't home.

TK_B24_GRVI_PPK (Kost'a). On January 31st 1945 this aircraft was transferred to No.311 BS (ex No.311 Czech Sqn, Coastal Command, RAF). Formerly it was served at 53 Sqn, RAF. During its service with 311 BS it flew 18 combat sorties. On 24th March 1945 crew of W/Cdr.Kostohryz attacked a U-boat, two days later they attacked another 2 U-boats. Sadly all attacks were unsuccessful. In July 1945 this Liberator became the first aircraft transferred to Czechoslovakia.
This has the same loadouts as the above GRV except for the rockets.

This is my standalone from a skin made for me by John.

TK_B24_D_trigg. Flying Officer Lloyd Allan Trigg VC DFC a New Zealand pilot in the RNZAF flying with the RAF coastal Command. He was a posthumous recipient of the Victoria Cross. His award is unique, as it was awarded on evidence solely provided by the enemy, for an action in which there were no surviving Allied witnesses to corroborate his gallantry.
Trigg was an experienced pilot having already been awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross while attached to 200 Squadron RAF, operating with Coastal Command. He was flying his first operational flight in a Liberator V (having previously flown Hudsons over the Atlantic) from his base in Bathurst, West Africa on 11 August 1943 when he engaged the German submarine U-468 under the command of Klemens Schamong.
His aircraft received several catastrophic hits from the submarine's anti-aircraft guns during its approach to drop depth charges and was on fire as Trigg made his final attack.
It then crashed, killing Trigg and his crew. The only witnesses to his high courage were the U-boat crew members. Since Trigg has no burial place, he is commemorated on the Malta Memorial to the 2,298 Commonwealth aircrew who lost their lives around the Mediterranean during the Second World War and who have no known grave.
The U-boat sank but the seven survivors were rescued by a Royal Navy vessel and the captain reported the incident, recommending Trigg be decorated for his bravery. The Victoria Cross was awarded posthumously.
New Zealand researcher Arthur Arculus recently tracked down the German commander Klemens Schamong who lives today near Kiel. The commander said about Trigg's effort, such a gallant fighter as Trigg would have been decorated in Germany with the highest medal or order.
Trigg flew one of the first GRV's and has a less modified spec. This is relected in it's lack of radar arials, radome and loadouts.

Trigg makes the third CFS3 Coastal Command VC of the four CC were awarded,(the other two are Catalina's). We may never get the fourth as he flew a Beaufort.

I am close to completion, but I have a busy week ahead in real life, and I don't want to give false dates. So just watch for announcements.:jump:

westview
August 18th, 2010, 13:37
Good things come to those who wait!

loverboy1
August 18th, 2010, 14:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izgsz5uxuGA

Led Zeppelin
August 18th, 2010, 23:18
eh eh,it's getting closer and closer!

BeauBrummie
August 24th, 2010, 10:19
... more delays due to more goodies from Ted and Rob. Namely two new Depth charges; the reworked 250lb Mk XI (the green one) and the 450lb Mk VII.

The 250 lb DC was the standard DC for most of the war as the smaller CC aircraft (Hudson etc) could carry more to make an effective stick. In fact CC generally reckoned a 6 stick of 250lb Dc was more effective than 3 450lb Dc's. The 450lb could be carried in larger no's by the big CC bombers. and came in later in the war.

Rob has altered Ted's 250lb to be recognised by aircraft as the AvHistory_gb_Depthcharge_MkXI so that when relaced for the Avh DC, all DC carrying aircaft can use the superior model (look carefully at the screenie to see the details, especially the recessed nose). Ted has also made new pylons for the bigger DC.

So once again they've been delayed, I am going to package them with a mission each to get you going and a manual, so once again I ask for Patience.

TTFN

loverboy1
August 24th, 2010, 11:05
beau patience is a virtue and your one of the few masters who specializes with care and concern ,for your work to others .

we the peeons can wait theres ,still many huns to hunt,, and ,subs to catch, and boats to blow and water to conquer

tks

simmer loverboy1