PDA

View Full Version : FDG Hellcat

hawkeye52
July 9th, 2010, 18:07
Morton's F6F-5 skins require the FDG F6F-5 which I cannot find either under CFS2 aircraft nor CFS2 Donationware. Can someone point me toward it, please?

- H52

hawkeye52
July 9th, 2010, 18:12
Cancel -- found it!

- H52

ADMINISTRATOR, kindly REMOVE this thread. Thank you. -H52

brad kaste
July 9th, 2010, 18:14
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=FDGv2&ammm=15&pap=2

Hawkeye,....just found it after you found it...

hawkeye52
July 9th, 2010, 18:41
Thanks, Brad!

- H52

Clarke123
July 10th, 2010, 02:56
Whilst were on the subject does anyone know of a decent FDE for it.

Cees Donker
July 10th, 2010, 05:02
Cancel -- found it!

- H52

ADMINISTRATOR, kindly REMOVE this thread. Thank you. -H52

Still want it removed?

Cees

p3aewguy
July 10th, 2010, 09:00
Will this work in FS9. I've been looking for a Hellcat for FS9 for a while.

Dave

Blackbird686
July 11th, 2010, 08:57
I believe it will, but it's been a long time since I have flown a Hellcat in FS9. I installed the stock FS-2002 Corsair into FS9 and it worked fine. I believe the CFS2 Hog and the FS8 Hog have the same FDE, but don't quote me. Give it a go... and remember, if the model goes bouncing down the runway on it's tail, there is prolly an FDE mod out there somewhere that'll fit.:greenbo:

BB686:USA-flag:

hawkeye52
July 11th, 2010, 14:43
Still want it removed?

Cees

Guess NOT, Cees. Other folk are using it.

- H52

OBIO
July 11th, 2010, 14:44
Will this work in FS9. I've been looking for a Hellcat for FS9 for a while.

Dave

Yep, it works pretty darn well in FS9. Needs some FDE tweaks to get it to fly a bit better, but nothing that some down trim won't take care of in the mean time. The VC is pretty decent for a CFS2 bird...it even has animated stick and pedals. Mapping is good, so repaints will be easy to do.

OBIO

expat
July 12th, 2010, 01:04
Take it, like the other CFS2 WWII fighters, this one is a no-show in FSX?

p3aewguy
July 12th, 2010, 13:02
Yep, it works pretty darn well in FS9. Needs some FDE tweaks to get it to fly a bit better, but nothing that some down trim won't take care of in the mean time. The VC is pretty decent for a CFS2 bird...it even has animated stick and pedals. Mapping is good, so repaints will be easy to do.

OBIO

Thanks. Gonna give it a try!

Dave

MaddogK
August 4th, 2010, 19:44
anyone else have a funky target hud in the VC ? appears like I'm missing a texture on both the 5 and 5N models.

I see (or don't see) 5 textures - They're missing from from both the F6F-5 and 5N CFS2 models in our archive:

F4U-1A_C.bmp- found that one in the FDGv2 F4U1c a/c
P_47_VC_MAP.BMP- unable to locate in any FDG or FDGv2 P-47 in our archive
BUS_PILOT_1.bmp- Unable to locate
US_PILOT_2.BMP- unable to locate
PROP_US.bmp- unable to locate (but will substitute p-47 prop and see what happens). My prop is transparent.

If anyone knows where to locate these missing textures I'd be very grateful.

expat
May 17th, 2016, 06:13
Cannot find this model for FS9 anywhere? There are still skins in the SOH Library for the CFS2 and FS9 models. Can anyone help?

Desert Rat
May 17th, 2016, 07:09
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=106077&sort=d

expat
May 17th, 2016, 07:21
Thanks very much. It looks like there was both a CFS2 and an FS9 model. There doesn't seem to be any link to the FS9 model anymore. I am trying to convert this F6F to use in FSX as ai and the CFS2 model gets the error message "model could not be displayed."

Desert Rat
May 17th, 2016, 09:44
I was not aware of any FS9 version of this, there was the FS2002 Corsair which was pretty much the same as the CFS2 Corsair. If it's just for AI you could try the Stock CFS2 Hellkitty instead. There have been FS9 adaptions of this in the past, SimV IIRC. Or try the CFS2 updated models....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=105&sort=d

expat
May 17th, 2016, 09:45
OK thanks!

MaddogK
May 17th, 2016, 13:01
I have a copy @ home, if you need it I'll put a link to my dropbox. IIRC it had VC issues (missing).
:dizzy:
There was a FDG2 version IIRC too, that I could never lay my hands on (maybe it was a wildcat and I've lost my mind).

expat
May 17th, 2016, 13:05
Thanks I have an FSX update I think of the CFS2 default F6F (which is just ok) but would like to track down the FDGv2 model for FS9 - if it does exist! This has some good repaints for it too.

MaddogK
May 17th, 2016, 21:26
Thanks I have an FSX update I think of the CFS2 default F6F (which is just ok) but would like to track down the FDGv2 model for FS9 - if it does exist! This has some good repaints for it too.

These I have marked as fs9 files, tho I can't seem to find the original installer these two files came from. Am pretty sure they were SOH donationware, but they don't seem to be in the index anymore.

expat
May 17th, 2016, 22:21
Superb! Thanks very much.

expat
May 17th, 2016, 22:29
Unfortunately both were CFS2 models - and would not appear in FSX. Interested to know if only one model for both FS9 and CFS2 was created or there were two separate ones. Thanks for your time and trouble uploading the files.

Blood_Hawk23
May 18th, 2016, 03:32
Unfortunately both were CFS2 models - and would not appear in FSX. Interested to know if only one model for both FS9 and CFS2 was created or there were two separate ones. Thanks for your time and trouble uploading the files.

Talk to Allen. He has his GMax source files and could export it into FSX. This would be a better way then trying to convert a model. His model has breaking parts. Its Multi-LOD as well.

MaddogK
May 18th, 2016, 06:23

Sorry if it didn't help, I had forgotten about these as I couldn't get them to work right but never removed them.

Allen
May 18th, 2016, 07:08
Talk to Allen. He has his GMax source files and could export it into FSX. This would be a better way then trying to convert a model. His model has breaking parts. Its Multi-LOD as well.

I never rebuilt the FDG Hellcat. I ended up re-building the stock CFS2 F6F-3 to have rear windows and fixed texture errors it had.