PDA

View Full Version : The King Cometh

Butcherbird17
July 8th, 2010, 17:36
LJ is heading to South beach. That move just made the Heat a contender. Can't wait to see who they get to be the role players.

Joe

crashaz
July 8th, 2010, 18:36
Goin to be interesting!

MudMarine
July 8th, 2010, 19:14
Me thinks the king be too self-centered!

Allen
July 8th, 2010, 20:09

Me thinks the "King" part of that was all the proof that I needed.

Willy
July 8th, 2010, 20:31
Who the heck is LJ?

NoNewMessages
July 8th, 2010, 21:01
Willy? You haven't been watching the ongoing drama of the Lebron James free agency courtship? That's OK, me neither. I just hope basketball blabber shuts down for a few months.

And I can't help but wonder how those egos crowded into one little arena in Miami are going to react if they DON'T win a few rings in the next few years... :bump:

Allen
July 8th, 2010, 21:23
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has been hitting the sauce tonight...

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100709/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_lebron_s_decision_owner_reax

OBIO
July 8th, 2010, 21:54
Being from Ohio, it got to the point that I could not turn on the evening news without the Lebron James soap opera being the head story. "Breaking news! A bus full of nuns has turned over and is on fire. But first, let's go to the sports desk and hear about Lebron James' bowl movement."

I am so glad that we did away with cable television and went to Netflix...no Lebron James on Netflix! No Tiger Woods, no Paris Hilton, no Kate Gosselin or Octomom. Free at last, free at last. Thank God, I am free at last.

OBIO

Allen
July 8th, 2010, 22:06
Being from Ohio, it got to the point that I could not turn on the evening news without the Lebron James soap opera being the head story. "Breaking news! A bus full of nuns has turned over and is on fire. But first, let's go to the sports desk and hear about Lebron James' bowl movement."

I am so glad that we did away with cable television and went to Netflix...no Lebron James on Netflix! No Tiger Woods, no Paris Hilton, no Kate Gosselin or Octomom. Free at last, free at last. Thank God, I am free at last.

OBIO

Well, I'll fill you in. Paris Hilton, Kate Gosselin, Octomom are no longer news. Tiger Woods will be back now that Lebron is done and that Paris Hilton has been replaced by Lindsay Lohan.:kilroy:

rayrey10
July 8th, 2010, 22:43
LJ is heading to South beach. That move just made the Heat a contender. Can't wait to see who they get to be the role players.

Joe

Being a Heat fan I think it's great, but it may be too many roosters in the hen house. If ya know what I mean.

True, but if you had been touted as what I call the second coming of basketball's greatest player, then eventually your are going to start to believe the hype too.

cheezyflier
July 9th, 2010, 01:39

OBIO

obio, sometimes you cut right through and hit the target like a lazer :applause::icon_lol:

Snuffy
July 9th, 2010, 02:55
Who? :kilroy:

Butcherbird17
July 9th, 2010, 15:51
Being a Heat fan I think it's great, but it may be too many roosters in the hen house. If ya know what I mean.

I think they will get along pretty good. Remember they won gold together and played as a team. Plus its still Wades house, although he did say "It is my house, i just have room-mates now".
No ego's between them at all, they are together to win Championships. Will they win a championship this upcoming season, i say "NO". They still need to put the supporting cast together and i don't think it will happen this season. Plus the championship still goes through LA right now and can't count out the Celtics, Bulls, Magic, Suns and a few other teams that are still pretty strong. But the East just got a lot stronger then the west, so it wont be long.:wavey:

Joe

n4gix
July 10th, 2010, 07:29
There was a question raised at another website that posed this question:

(enroute to Cleveland) The last fix in the CHARDON2 Star is LEBRN. I wonder if it will be renamed now?

Perhaps TRATR? :bump:

Navy Chief
July 10th, 2010, 07:40
What is a "Lebron James"..........

A sports figure, right?

Yawn..............

NC

Bushpounder
July 10th, 2010, 13:33
Damn! I know of two kings: Elvis and Richard Petty. Elvis is dead, and Petty moves from city to city, so it couldn't be him. Hmmmm ........ great! ANOTHER king, but only in his own mind.

Don

AckAck
July 10th, 2010, 14:49
Forgot the King of Pop - Michael Jackson. But he's dead too. I thought Elvis was in Michigan.... :d

Brian

rayrey10
July 10th, 2010, 15:22
I think they will get along pretty good. Remember they won gold together and played as a team. Plus its still Wades house, although he did say "It is my house, i just have room-mates now".
No ego's between them at all, they are together to win Championships. Will they win a championship this upcoming season, i say "NO". They still need to put the supporting cast together and i don't think it will happen this season. Plus the championship still goes through LA right now and can't count out the Celtics, Bulls, Magic, Suns and a few other teams that are still pretty strong. But the East just got a lot stronger then the west, so it wont be long.:wavey:

Joe

Agreed but the Olympics is only a "handful" of games not 82. Long time to have to share the spot light. And you are absolutely correct, they still have to get through Orlando and the Celtics, and potentially face the Lakers...no easy task without a big man in the line up.